[2.3] Bounty Builds (T7-8 focus)

Monk
So what is everyone planning to run to do bounties in 2.3?

I've been mostly non-season, so am excited to finally get to use Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. Since it seems like Torment 8 might be the most efficient difficulty to run, I found my stalwart DW-Firebells build to bit slow clearing, and Uliana/R2 builds to spend a bit too much time walking around waiting for DS charges to regenerate.

So that left Raiment 6! I wasn't a huge fan of using In-Geom with R6 since if the buff dropped I was stuck walking again with a really slow DS rechanrge rate. I couldn't stand using Shenlong's for anything other than pushing higher GRs, as the spirit drain was too annoying for adventure mode. So I settled on a pretty standard R6-Fire build with Cyclone Strike instead of Forbidden Palace and just using two 5-affix weapons to get both CDR&RCR and add some beasts/human damage ^_^

Build
FoT: Quickening
DS: Radiance
MoC: Annihilation (or agility for toughness)
BoH: IwL
CS: Implosion
Epiphany: Insight

Kanai - (Furnace+Cindercoat+Zodiac)³
Gems - BotT, BotP, Molten/Wreath
RCR: Weapons, Rings, Gloves, Shoulders
CDR: Weapons, Shoulders

Sample Gearset:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Davlok-1847/hero/47569525

What are yall planning to #bountymode with?
I think torch firebells with furnace, and zodiac cubed will do just fine for speed bounties.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Moridin-1522/hero/57369718
I'll be doing season 4, so my answer is: Whatever I can find.
Bounties is more about travel than combat anyway, so yeah I'd definitely roll with R6. Not sure I would bother with CS though. I've had mixed feelings using it because I feel I don't use it enough to warrant the skill slot.

If your CDR is high enough, I'd suggest just running BF for 29% extra damage proc. If you don't have good uptime on it though, Fire Ally is another option for permanent 10% more damage.

As for gear, Ess of Johan is actually kinda nice with fire DS doing stuff like bounties where you don't need a 5th passive or immunity or anything like that. I know that somewhat contradicts the beginning of my post, but the main difference is that you aren't spending 50 spirit for it and it just happens randomly which is actually kinda fun. It's like "oh, there's a proc, DASH!" and you kinda get in the habbit of dashing in place (or back to where you were) every time you see the proc go off.

Personally, I still stick with Swiftness over Wreath. Wreath is actually kinda nice with Warzechian bracers but if you're using Reaper's then I'd keep on swiftness. You still have a really high uptime on 15% CDR.
I don't think there will be a lot of t10 bounty runs. t7 gives you the same cube mats and that's the only reason to run bounties. my guess is t7 split bounties will be the most common, as it'll be easy to find people that can run split t7.
For the first few days I'll be doing T7 using R6+Inna2 and F+R, cube Furnace/Krelms belt/COE. I've been messing around with a high life per second build with Gizzard and Moratorium, so I will keep those gems and these skills
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WQjdgP!gfhS!YaYZYY
I'm on the hardcore side of the house, so that might help explain my choices. I don't plan to stay with it for long, though, because (1) I like to tinker and, (2) I like the zoom-zoom.
I'm going to try a variant of Sage-Wuko since Death's Breaths are going to be needed anyway.

SWK shoulders helm and ammy
Inna belt chest pants
Sage gloves and boots
Focus and Restraint
Torch
Gungdo Gear

Cube In-Geom (?) Crudest Boots and RoRG

It should handle T7 bounties for max cache value.
Probably CDR R4 + SL + cindercoat + FnR rings. cube fd, depth digger and coe. R4 to have dashing strike more available and also proc FnR.

If T8 is anything like GR35, a good R6 build can zip through the area in no time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dXter-1964/hero/53491756
Pardon the bracer... wrongly used my wiz bracers instead. I think I accidentally salvage my usable bracer for cold dash last night to clear space for next era's stuff.. derp moment there.
r2+u2 + tons of cdr and probably in-geom in cube.
If T7 is better, then I would be using R6 definitely (my current rifting build) with some extra effects cubed ^^
*grinning*
T6 was like slicing jelly, maybe T7 is like slicing soft cake.
Personally I'll be running TX due to the additional drop chance, but I also thought it had a chance to drop more mats? I know the ubers certainly do...

Anyway, U6 with Fist of Az/In Geom and cubed FoE will faceroll TX, and you still get the mobility from perma dash with In Geom procs.
Based on my PTR experience. T1-T6 drop 3+(3); T7-T10 drop 4+(4). I dont know if anything has changed in last PTR patch.

edited for mistype
08/20/2015 10:15 AMPosted by Peldin
Bounties is more about travel than combat anyway, so yeah I'd definitely roll with R6. Not sure I would bother with CS though. I've had mixed feelings using it because I feel I don't use it enough to warrant the skill slot.

I mostly stuck with CS due to those "kill a bunch of random mobs around 5 different objectives" and just wanted to group then up real fast spam some DS and move on. Same with the kill-100-cursed-chest ones as well. That's the main shortcoming of R6 vs S4 or U6... needing to group stuff up.

08/20/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Rikus
Find pack, destroy pack with SSS, dash like mad man to next pack, destroy.... Rinse repeat till rift over. Easy AF to do T10 with this build. This is personal experience.

I promise it is the best build for T10. (I could be wrong, but I'd be shocked! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!)

Totally agree, Uliana 6pc with IG/FoA for non-seasons is probably the best build for Torment X rifts... but this is about bounties! I even made a video for it a while back before the SSS immunity change ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZSogjxGtA ). After those changes, it was slightly less fun, but mostly my gripe is with In-Geom uptime when pursuing bounties, especially higher difficulty split ones when you're solo and no packs in sight.

08/20/2015 05:14 PMPosted by Khord
I'm going to try a variant of Sage-Wuko since Death's Breaths are going to be needed anyway.

Definitely Sagewuko for early S4. Can't even access T7+ until paragon 100+ anyways, and that's when elites have an increasing chance to drop 2x DBs. (Supposedly ~5% at T7, 33% @ T10) Unfortunately, I don't think that would mean you could get 4x DBs with Sage as the wording for Sage's was changed slightly from "whenever a Death Breath drops, a second one will also drop" to "increase Death's Breath drop by 1". >_>

But I'm guessing unless they increase the act mat reward(s) we'll all be running split T7 or 8 bounties and only doing Torment X for rifts/ubers.
Implosion with Pain Enhancer = Lots of attack speed for tons of spirit.

Wall of wind/Windblast with APD's = Mega defense.

I like cyclone strike with R6 but you need to round up some mobs to be op.

Cyclone strike is a farmers dream but is lacking against single target (RG)
Since the post header and first line of the OP are talking about bounties, all of the following pertains to, um, bounties. :)

Here's my take from time doing bounties on the PTR, all is just my opinion. It's also all very similar to what you came up with.

Overview: Key is spirit regeneration above all else, followed by a virtual tie between CDR and RCR. Things related to killing stuff aren't primary, because as was said before, fast bounty farming is all about getting from point A to B and occasionally killing something along the way or when you get there. See note about Malthael below.

Gear:
R6 - DS is king in bounties
F+R
Krelm's Buff Belt (you're a monk, don't get hit and move fast)
Reaper's Wraps
5-primary weapon (I use a nice ancient Barber), Sun Keeper (or whatever good 1h-er you have)

Skills:
All the same except:
1. Using MoH: Circular Breathing for spirit regen. MoC:Anni is a great choice but I found I was spending way more time not hitting things than hitting them, let alone killing them. Also I use Krelm's.
2. Can use or alternate MA:Air Ally instead of CS to address Spirit burst / regen. I use CS for convenience but if I find I'm consistently low on Spirit then I switch.
3. I use Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light for superior burst when taking down the elite or boss (aka, once you get there). Not as good for Spirit regen as BoH:IwL but fights just don't last that long. This makes them even shorter.

FoT: Quickening
CS or MA:AA
DS: Radiance
BF: FitL
MoH:CB
Epiphany: Insight

Passives: Ytar, Harmony, Exalted Soul, Momentum

Gems: BotT, Gogok, Wreath of Lightning.

Cube: Flying Dragon, Cindercoat, Unity or your choice (Don't have Obzod because I play NS)

I choose FD over Furnace because again, fights, even against elites, just don't last that long in T7 (or shouldn't, presuming you are well-geared). Cindercoat for RCR on DS. I don't have a good HF Amulet (I will after the patch!) but jewelry cube slot isn't that big a deal, lots of good choices.

I don't equip In-Geom because I don't stop for elites. In fact my goal is to never kill anything more than required to get the bounty. I do stop for Goblins.

One exception: Malthael. Even on T7 he can trip you up if you're not prepared or go in half-arsed. And since nobody does A5 bounties until now in 2.3, maybe it's important to note this. Before that fight it is advisable to modify to a few tankier options. This could include different passives, diamonds in the sockets, NDE passive, or Unity in the cube, to make the fight a non-event. It's cool to ignore this advice and all, and going glass cannon into that fight may work out... but for me the times you end up goo on the floor just slow things down too much.

T7 is the optimal act-mat farming difficulty, unless they do something sneaky and change drop rates just before the patch.
R6 is far and away the best for bounties as your biggest concern is getting from point A to point B, killing is someone secondary but R6 still allows you to blow through things. Uli's with IG is pretty solid too but stopping to SSS instead of just constantly dashing slows you down.
08/22/2015 10:41 AMPosted by Kahle
Since the post header and first line of the OP are talking about bounties, all of the following pertains to, um, bounties. :)

Here's my take from time doing bounties on the PTR, all is just my opinion. It's also all very similar to what you came up with.

On topic? How dare you! Agreed on all your points. I am still not sure Zodiac is consistent enough in the bounty setting to "feel" usable. I'm thinking maybe if F/R isn't needed for T7 and some more CDR can be squeezed in with RRG. I guess I didn't notice, but I had G i z z a r d as my 3rd gem (apparently it's also a swear word) and Krelm's belt works great with that too. I haven't killed Malth in ages, but usually split bounties save bosses for last and there is peer pressure to not die heh.

08/22/2015 07:06 PMPosted by Drekor
R6 is far and away the best for bounties as your biggest concern is getting from point A to point B, killing is someone secondary but R6 still allows you to blow through things. Uli's with IG is pretty solid too but stopping to SSS instead of just constantly dashing slows you down.

I just hate when I can't kill/find that last minion with In-Geom. It's pretty easy when nemesis spawns a pack, but large maps are a pain (like Fields of Misery) when you're stuck without an IG buff and no pack in sight trying to find that stupid den.
08/24/2015 07:49 AMPosted by Davlok
I just hate when I can't kill/find that last minion with In-Geom.
What I hate the most is keeping Taeguk up. It was so annoying that I stopped equipping it.
08/24/2015 08:22 AMPosted by FredVIII
What I hate the most is keeping Taeguk up. It was so annoying that I stopped equipping it.

Huh?? Why would you bother using Taeguk for farming bounties anyway? Keep BotT and Gogok and replace Taeguk with Powerful.

Dude Kahle I never even thought to use Krelm's belt. That's awesome. Definitely holding on to the next one I find. I'll lose a few seconds on Epiphany uptime but totally worth 25% move speed. I would suggest, if you're set on using Wreath of Lightning, that you also equip Warzechian bracers over Reapers. I've always found Reapers to be kinda annoying since I'm already dashing to the next mob by the time the health globe hits the ground. With Warzechian and Wreath, you get a huge chunk of movement and on some inside areas, it's like having a speed pylon.