2.6.5 (updated) DH DPS Calculator

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 8 9 10 18 Next
Today's updates:

- Added Frostburn. Note: you won't see a selected item for Frostburn. If equipped, it will add to cold damage (same way that Magefist is treated in the calculator).

Note: I tested with Frostburn in cube, but didn't have a pair to equip, so if someone has a pair on their profile, I'd like to have one to test against to make sure it works.
Could you please estimate how much damage (in %) I would approximately gain by reaching the next breakpoint? Let's say i'm at 35 and trying to reach 36 BP. Thanks

Another question - in your calculator it says 'Companion/Wolf
Cooldown 18.58s
Uptime 53.81%
Downtime 4.62 sec'. Shouldn't it be Downtime 8.58s? Since with 10 sec active wolf buff and 18.58s cooldown we have exactly 8.58s downtime when we can't press and activate this skill.
04/09/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Garfunkel
Could you please estimate how much damage (in %) I would approximately gain by reaching the next breakpoint? Let's say i'm at 35 and trying to reach 36 BP. Thanks

BP 35 is 2.6087 APS.
BP 36 is 2.7273 APS.

That's a 4.5% increase in sheet damage. But depending on the scenario is might be more or less. You can use the "Compare" tab at the top, to compare two builds or two scenarios to see the change in DPS. You can also use the tab labelled "Stats Calc" at the bottom to quickly estimate what effect increasing our decreasing your IAS would have for a specific scenario.

04/09/2017 02:38 AMPosted by Garfunkel
Downtime 4.62 sec'. Shouldn't it be Downtime 8.58s? Since with 10 sec active wolf buff and 18.58s cooldown we have exactly 8.58s downtime when we can't press and activate this skill.

Hmm, your logic sounds right. I'll look at my math and see why it's getting a different answer.
Today's updates:

- Fixed "downtime" calculation in CDR panel
- Added MH and OH Weapon IAS to "Stats Calc" list of available stats to play with
Hello Dawg6, first of all thank you for your hard work with this calculator, I find this very usefull for item comparison.
But I have a problem with the stats calc, when I add or remove some stats in the sheet, the other values of the sheet don't vary.
04/10/2017 09:05 AMPosted by alan
I have a problem with the stats calc, when I add or remove some stats in the sheet, the other values of the sheet don't vary.

Can you be specific? You're adding removing which stats and which values are you expecting to vary?

Note that the values displayed are based on the current scenario (e.g. rift guardian level and the other Situational parameters you've entered).

Changing some values may have zero (or negligible) effect on the outcome. For example, increasing or decreasing IAS won't change anything until you pass the next or previous breakpoint. Or changing dexterity by small amounts might cause such a small change in DPS that it's not noticeable to several decimal points.
Hi Dawg6,
your calculator is great, but i have a problem, tried some browser and dont work, the simulation at bottom is only 3 row as u can see in this screen http://s16.imagestime.com/out.php/i1114215_img.png
I have changed browser (also different version), also tried at work but no change, can help me?
This is because you have to define some things first. In the situational tab you can set Grift level. Don't know default - i have it set to 70. I think it is stored via cookies, so you might want to set it back to 1. Because otherwise it will load some time if you import again as the whole simulation will be done on every import.
Kindergarten is correct (well, mostly. It uses local browser storage, not cookies).

I think the default is RG level 25. You're killing the RG in one hit, that's why only 3 rows show up in the log.
04/10/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Kindergarten
This is because you have to define some things first. In the situational tab you can set Grift level. Don't know default - i have it set to 70. I think it is stored via cookies, so you might want to set it back to 1. Because otherwise it will load some time if you import again as the whole simulation will be done on every import.

Many thanks that resolved my problem :)
04/10/2017 12:32 PMPosted by Kindergarten

Thank YOU very much, this was my problem!
--- deleted ---
http://imgur.com/a/oMTBr Hey theres a diffrence between 2 of my amulet on primal ancient amulet with 1000 dex, 10 cc, 100 chd, 455 bonus dex vs
20 Lighting Damage, 60 chd, 9,5 cc.
Dex stats between those two are 14.227 vs 12972 and my Primal Amulet is wierdly better. Any better opinions?
You should set the RG level higher (under situational parameters) and the run the simulation. Then you should notice a difference as to which is better for your particular situation.
Hi Dawg6! Your calculator is excellent and I use it all the time to compare items.

I also use it to compare heros from different players, just by importing them and setting each one in a different column in the "compare" tab.

A suggestion: It would be usefull if, when I press the "compare" button, only the battletag names appeared under "heros".
thanks for the great tool. very thorough!

i have a question on IAS breakpoints.. within the game, my character says he has 2.12 APS. i use impale with a dagger. i input my character into the tool and from what i can tell from the breakpoint chart, i would need to hit the next best 'min APS' to achieve the next highest frame (in this case 2.23 APS for 26 FPA).. right?

or should i be targeting 'actual APS' for the next frame?
Actual APS is what you get from hitting the breakpoint (At 26 frame it is 2.30) which indeed just need the "min APS" (2.233... -- beware of the rounding)

FYI that's 40% ias (with your 7% weapon) including quiver, paragon, IAS roll on gear, L.gem.
Often people target the 45% one with gogok, but when you use PE it makes little sense to focus one specific BP as it will dynamically change. (You may want to check when you have only one target ... in RG fight with no summons, the 27 frame min should be at 34% ias with a 7% weapon if I'm not mistaken, which you happen to have provided you put ~9%+ in paragon)
06/05/2017 11:28 AMPosted by DerfelCadarn
A suggestion: It would be usefull if, when I press the "compare" button, only the battletag names appeared under "heros".

Easy enough to add, I'll put it on my todo list. Shouldn't take too long.

06/05/2017 04:10 PMPosted by jimdandy
or should i be targeting 'actual APS' for the next frame?

Ketsuen is correct, you only need to hit the "min APS" value.
Today's updates:

- Added hero name to compare data (only set on import)
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I can't tell if the simulation takes into account the grenade bounces from the Hellcat Waistguard. Seems like the damage is consistent when it should be all over the place in the simulation rows.