Goblins are terrible

General Discussion
The new sprint and constant fleeing on goblins is terrible. Hey, I'm sure it's easy to kill them once I'm fully geared and running my end game farm spec and NO LONGER need any possible loot from them. Thanks for making a fun part of the game and gearing up annoying as hell.

Edit: For every response, please read 2nd sentence before being a dumb !@#$ :) Remember that time you got anything worthwhile on a low difficulty goblin? The point is once geared, you no longer care about killing goblins anyway, they are only worthwhile at a decent difficulty while you are still hunting for every leg for souls and mats and such.

SMDH at all you %^-*!.
Check out a lower difficulty.
^

smdh @ OP
08/30/2015 07:46 AMPosted by Spicy
Remember that time you got anything worthwhile on a low difficulty goblin?

Yes, that happens often.

I'm sure it's easy to kill them once I'm fully geared and running my end game farm spec and NO LONGER need any possible loot from them.

Realize you need to lower the difficulty if you are going to kill things reliably at a comfortable pace, that's what the difficulties are for; you always miss out if you kill too slowly, you need to have a good pacing both to enjoy the game and to score loot.

dumb !@#$ :)

That's really unnecessary.
Realize you need to lower the difficulty if you are going to kill things reliably at a comfortable pace, that's what the difficulties are for

Well, what if you want to have more challenging enemies? Even if youre undergeared a little, you can compensate that with good play. However, if i play on a difficulty that allows me to reliably kill goblins, the elite packs are so ridiculously easy, that i would be falling asleep while playing... is that what were supposed to do?

Lets face it, the new goblin is terrible... it has got nothing new except less stand still time and faster sprint. It punishes you for choosing a higher difficulty, by avoiding your damage. And it punishes multiple builds, who cant hit fast moving targets easily (carnevil darts for example are slower than the goblin movement).

All that is really great - lets just choose a faceroll difficulty, so we can kill those pesky goblins - sounds like amazing fun gameplay... NOT!
In split group runs goblins are horrible to solo. For a fresh not well geared lvl 70.
Personally, im just a little ticked that Haunt and Locust Swarm dmg no longer appear to block goblins from escaping. With Creeping Death on my WD, I used to be able to just pop a group on goblins with either of the two spells and then kill them at my leisure
08/30/2015 10:14 AMPosted by Zhadoom
Lets face it, the new goblin is terrible... it has got nothing new except less stand still time and faster sprint. It punishes you for choosing a higher difficulty, by avoiding your damage. And it punishes multiple builds, who cant hit fast moving targets easily (carnevil darts for example are slower than the goblin movement).

Its portal is slower and if you are able to chase it, it won't portal out as easily as before.

Are you really going to say that a build that cannot chase is penalized?
If you can't chase, you picked a different perk, you'll just have to live with being unable to chase in that case.

All that is really great - lets just choose a faceroll difficulty, so we can kill those pesky goblins - sounds like amazing fun gameplay... NOT!

If we're talking efficiency, that's what you need. If you want hard, then you pick hard, and be prepared to lose also; don't come here and whine about losing when you picked hard to begin with.
If you want to be able to kill goblins reliably at a high difficulty, you will need mobility first and foremost; which you don't seem to think should be mandatory.

Well, what if you want to have more challenging enemies? Even if youre undergeared a little, you can compensate that with good play. However, if i play on a difficulty that allows me to reliably kill goblins, the elite packs are so ridiculously easy, that i would be falling asleep while playing... is that what were supposed to do?

Pick what you want, adapt to the game. If you can't kill goblins at the level you want to play at, think of a way to do it. If it is impossible, it is; get over it.

It's good that the goblins give some chase, it's more fun like that. They're not solely a loot piñata, look at them as an event; you're not automatically getting loot just because you struck a goblin, you have to actually beat them.
08/30/2015 10:37 AMPosted by Mendacium
Personally, im just a little ticked that Haunt and Locust Swarm dmg no longer appear to block goblins from escaping. With Creeping Death on my WD, I used to be able to just pop a group on goblins with either of the two spells and then kill them at my leisure

Goblins have always been a varying level of resistant to CC - monk blinds and stuns, for example.

The difference this patch is even that CC to which they were NOT resistant is even less useful now.

That said, when I stepped up to T7, I couldn't kill them before they dashed away out of range and jumped through their portal. Bloody things had a sliver of health, then ZOOM, off they went.

Took a couple nights of playing, along with some playstyle and gear tweaking, before I could finally kill them again. Their HP isn't too bad - it's that sugar rush they have that's the problem.

if you have the ability to stun or otherwise immobilize mobs, try to get them into the middle of a pack of mobs and immobilize that pack. Goblins can run through your character, follower, and pets. They CANNOT run through/past their allies. If you can trap them in a pack of mouth-breathers, you can chip away at their HP without them dashing away.

Also: if you stay "behind them", they will run away from you. Jump in "front", and they will turn around. Noted exception: Malevolent Tormentors will teleport away from you 1-2 times, then go RIGHT back where they started from. If you follow them, you're falling for their trick.
If you play crusader or barb just ignore them unless you play at a level so easy it's boring.

Typical Blizz balancing.
If we're talking efficiency, that's what you need. If you want hard, then you pick hard, and be prepared to lose also; don't come here and whine about losing when you picked hard to begin with.

I play hc. I am prepared to loose. And i choose hard for the excitement. If you want to play 'efficiently' thats your choice. And if that means playing on a difficulty where you easily kill a whole goblin pack, any elite pack WILL die in seconds. If you like that, go ahead. But dont force that boring crap onto the rest of us.

If playing on a difficulty where regular elites are challenging means that goblin packs become unkillable then they are not balanced well.
It's not suppose to be easy.
08/30/2015 11:45 AMPosted by Zhadoom

I play hc. I am prepared to loose. And i choose hard for the excitement. If you want to play 'efficiently' thats your choice. And if that means playing on a difficulty where you easily kill a whole goblin pack, any elite pack WILL die in seconds. If you like that, go ahead. But dont force that boring crap onto the rest of us.

If playing on a difficulty where regular elites are challenging means that goblin packs become unkillable then they are not balanced well.

Well, I think you are confusing "challenging" with "taking a long time".

If you stack up on toughness and neglect mobility, there's no surprise you can't kill goblins. That's got everything to do with your choices and nothing with how goblins are designed. If they were designed to not run so much so your slow tanky behind could grind them down, they'd be dead on sight when a regularly built character confronted them.
Know that if you want a challenge, you see to maximizing your damage instead of your protections when going hardcore. If you go tanky, you won't ever die, and neither will any goblins or other monsters you confront on your leisurely journeys.

I may be wrong though, I just don't think your argument hold up.

08/30/2015 11:45 AMPosted by Zhadoom

What if you can't catch an entire pack, but rather it is about how many of them you are able to get?

It punishes you for choosing a higher difficulty, by avoiding your damage.

Yes, it is harder to kill runners at a higher level.

And it punishes multiple builds, who cant hit fast moving targets easily (carnevil darts for example are slower than the goblin movement).

Yeah well, isn't it a good thing builds are different from each other?

I'm just at 50, so I am only starting, but what I've seen I have liked. It is more difficult to catch them, but I have caught all, except the one, of them playing on master, solo and season.
Don't know exactly what you are talking about since I've never even played a WD, and always pick mobility for my monk. Perhaps it is unfair to others, honestly I don't know; I just think it is fun for me how they move and force me to chase after them into potentially dangerous situations - at some point letting go as well, because it would be too risky to follow.

I just get the impression you like it when you kill each and every one of them without a good struggle, preferably at a torment you are somewhat undergeared for.
A lot of it can be avoided by positioning yourself correctly. I've found that passing the goblin and hitting him causes him to run into an area I've already cleared. This makes it far easier for me to corner him and ground pound him. Just wacking him and having him find refuge in the trash and 2 elite packs is just poor decision making.
I always kill goblins no matter how geared I am. If you struggle to kill them so much then you are on too high of a difficulty.
Goblins do run away too often now, I can agree with you there.

It is super annoying, especially if you're using a melee character (with low mobility even worse!) or a ground AoE DoT heavy character. Smack once in the face and they run, over and over again. As opposed to before you could just smack them down before they even had a chance to run.

The new fleeing mechanic is very imbalanced, depending on the build you are running. I've lost goblins on difficulties with characters that kill yellow elites in 3 seconds or less, just because of their constant running away. "Too high of a difficulty" Pfft.
They run away more but they don't seem to portal out anymore so as long as you continue to hit them before they leave then you have infinite time to kill them.
On T10, some goblins get away, and some bounty bosses will kill you unless you are 50+ regular.
The goblins move a LOT faster now, and only appear around elite enemies to boot.

OP, A combination of at least one ability where you can zoom fast to a location, or at least one pretty good area damage power, or preferrably both really helps. You have to be able to zoom past the elites most of the time if you wanna catch 'em all.
Hey, I'm sure it's easy to kill them once I'm fully geared and running my end game farm spec and NO LONGER need any possible loot from them.

You always need loot from goblins.