N6 cold build - Rimeheart

Demon Hunter
Has anyone tried cubing rimeheart? 10% chance on hit to deal 10,000% weapon damage on frozen enemies sounds op, that's like 2.2x stronger than crashing rain. Strafe should provide plenty of procs.

RoV flying strike will guarantee freeze, and maybe add frostburns for additional freezing from strafe icy trail and evasive fire focus. Using cold build with iceblink will also guarantee 100% uptime of BotT and cull of the weak too.

I'd try it myself if i had one, but i ran out of resources :p
This would be a cool build. I wanted to try it. The problem: You can't use RoV with a melee weapon.
They should drop the bow requirement for RoV, since it is not really a bow skill.
Huh? Just cube it.
It has an awful proc rate, and that was before the buff to CC resistance.
Rambo
View profile
Huh? Just cube it.

Thought about a Hashir build with ice bolas - there is just no place for it.

The procrate is really abysmal, but with strafe DH you could use it. Flying strike is probably best skill for groups and since nearly every DH uses calamity it might be worth it.
Is 10% that bad? Correct me if im wrong but didnt they change the proc rate system? Individual skills no longer have proc coefficients and now 10% literally means 10% of the shots will proc right?

edit: the thing is, there doesnt seem to be many good options for weapon cubing when it comes to nats on higher gr. Other than calamity and a few cc based weapons, nothing much interesting. None of the quiver skills benefit nats either.
pre CC-nerf i would have said:

use RoV for freezing
and FoK + Spike Traps + Slowball to proc it...

but i guess the CC-nerf has nuked that one.
08/30/2015 04:34 PMPosted by Alukat
pre CC-nerf i would have said:

use RoV for freezing
and FoK + Spike Traps + Slowball to proc it...

which cc nerf are you talking about? the one way back where every consecutive cc will have reduced duration?
08/30/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Rambo
Is 10% that bad? Correct me if im wrong but didnt they change the proc rate system? Individual skills no longer have proc coefficients and now 10% literally means 10% of the shots will proc right?

edit: the thing is, there doesnt seem to be many good options for weapon cubing when it comes to nats on higher gr. Other than calamity and a few cc based weapons, nothing much interesting. None of the quiver skills benefit nats either.

You've got it backwards there, LoH is no longer affected by proc coefficients, legendary procs are still reduced by proc coefficients, same as before.

The CC change is part of patch 2.3:

Crowd control resistance cap has been increased from 65% to 95%
This now applies to immobilize effects as well
Non-elite monsters can now benefit from crowd control resistance
08/30/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Rambo
Is 10% that bad? Correct me if im wrong but didnt they change the proc rate system?

10% isn't bad. I tried rhymeheart with melee dh before the new patch. It never was
at 10% proc. At least it didn't feel like it. It´s probalby reduced by skill procs. So it would be at 3-6%. And 300%-600% isn't much.

08/30/2015 04:34 PMPosted by Alukat

Dunno. The so called nerf doesn't seem to have a big impact for me. Can't say how the nerf effects saders or stun wds, but for DH it doesn't seem to play a big role. Bola and Flying strike seem to cc as in 2.2. May differ for elites. But I don't "feel" it.
Wow that's pretty lame...