The barbs of each era

Barbarian
1 2 3 6 Next
Its kinda funny to see over time how the forum evolves.

Vanilla (HOTA era): Pri
Vanilla (WW era): Nubtro, Planet, a few others
ROS early days (MOTE era): CC, Tao, Kingdo
ROS 2.1 (Raekor Era): page, zapro
ROS 2.2 (Wastes Ea): Nubtro is back.
ROS 2.3 (HOTA): Pri
ROS 2.4 (MOTE returns): CC, Tao, Kingdo - they're already nerding out with IK MOTE.
ROS 2.5 (Raekor returns): page?

Through it all though, one constant: Bacon playing the OP set and cheesing the meta.
Oh yes, 2.0, when if you didnt have unity, full fire and mote, you could forget T6.

So I made one of the first ZDPS cold builds, which at the time seemed so fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78qTWX5COks
Don't forget Wayneold and Death.
Pretty sure 2.3 = everybody

HOTA ftw
I've been forgotten.

;(
09/14/2015 10:24 AMPosted by Conan

HOTA ftw

PFFT.

Working on 64 with my DW Cold Slam!

:P
Ahh the old ww days, when everyone asked the same question that was answered in the previous thread.
09/14/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Leland
09/14/2015 10:24 AMPosted by Conan

HOTA ftw

PFFT.

Working on 64 with my DW Cold Slam!

:P

I just leveled my stricken to 50 and went back to NS to farm gear n paragon.

><
09/14/2015 10:44 AMPosted by henry
Ahh the old ww days, when everyone asked the same question that was answered in the previous thread.

Nothing's changed man.

"Does furious charge proc strong arms?"

"Does +WW on boots and helm affect dust devils?"
09/14/2015 10:44 AMPosted by henry

Some things never change.
True, but it's not as bad as it was back then. Now you see more rage towards barbs cuz DH isn't on top anymore..
09/14/2015 10:09 AMPosted by Samir
Bacon playing the OP set and cheesing the meta.

I'm unsure what the future meta will be, but count me in if it has Bacon AND cheese!
Vanilla: 1.00 - 1.03 (Frenzy/Leap/Revenge): Everyone Crying, doing 10k dps and wipping at Belial, 20 minutes elite fighting, dying a bazillion times to wisps and black canyon mines, and elite enrage timers, ahh jail act 1 farming for 800+ blue and yellow rares, legs sucked balls.
Vanilla: (Discovery of Double Tornado): Dino .
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5589543408#1 - The historical Thread.
Vanilla: (1.03 - 1.08): Life Steal being a possible stat with 100K dps, the argument of 2handers vs. 2 weapons, the inception of monster power, Acrimony vs. Wayneold challenges and shenanigans, Death (phantom), Nubtro, Dakkon, Lorenze, Det0x, Cellanian, Baller, Lord Joch (lololololol), Alkaizer and the running for 1st lvl 100 para. Reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301900?page=1

I think this covers with some accuracy Vanilla.

Edit: Included more stuff;
Ravlaor, great post.

Man those are some good reads. I wasn't active on forums at all in vanilla.
09/06/2012 10:56 PMPosted by DAKKON
Its impossible to maintain 100% uptime on WoTB with 100K dps as all trash mobs dies in literally 2 WWs. 50k is more than sufficient and provides for maximum farming speed.

I eliminate crit damage altogether to allow for more ticks.

LMAO Dakkon. 50k dps. Come at me bro.
Thanks samir, I've been lurking the forums ever since the D3 site opened back in the 2 semester of 2011, alpha times...

Ahh I forgot about the whole issues of Life Steal being a possible stat with 100K dps, the argument of 2handers vs. 2 weapons and the inception of monster power. Going to Edit the op. Feel free to use my post if you want samir.
09/14/2015 10:35 AMPosted by Uberjager
I've been forgotten.

;(

Holy crap! Someone call the cops, Uberjager has been sighted. XD

Are you back?
09/14/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Ravlaor
Baller

How funny, he plays HC now, we ran a bunch in s1...I guess I should show him more respect now whilst trolling him...unfortunately, his IRL job makes it tough for him to do much in seasons, but he's been at or near the top of NS leaderboards lately at least.

I ran with Acrimony for a while, too, but he had too many DC's and left the game.
09/14/2015 01:53 PMPosted by Endeavor
09/14/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Ravlaor
Baller

How funny, he plays HC now, we ran a bunch in s1...I guess I should show him more respect now whilst trolling him...
He doesn't get on as much anymore sadly. I remember when he gave me his BT pants...probably the best pair of ehp pants on the non hc side.