2.3 General Helltooth Build Discussion

Witch Doctor
Do anyone here enchant boots and helmet to increase zombie charger %?
09/17/2015 08:25 AMPosted by Hai
Do anyone here enchant boots and helmet to increase zombie charger %?

I have this question too. I was running at something like 59% CHC, so I rolled off the 5.5% on my helm for +13% Zombie Bears damage. Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Anyone know if this is a sound move or whether I should roll the CHC back?
With the new mechanism of most of the dangerous mobs immediately targeting the player, is this really worthwhile now? Could you just rely on the damage reduction from the Helltooth set instead and do away with the fetishes altogether?

While this is true to a certain extent, one must also realize that mobs have a sight range. If your fetishes attack a mob that is off the screen, that mob becomes engaged with the fetishes rather than with you. This is where the survivability comes in. It is not in mobs that are necessarily already on the screen, but mobs that are engaged which are off the screen to you. Those mobs are now engaged with your fetishes rather than coming toward you, allowing you to deal with a lot more threats at once.

But in order for a single cast of Wall of Fire to apply its DoT twice, a mob would have to touch the wall, eat the 4-second DoT, then touch the same wall again, correct? I get how Fire Wall would be more damage, since once the enemy moves off of the wall it continues to suffer the DoT (and could potentially reignite that DoT), but it isn't necessarily double unless the mob catches fire twice from the same wall during its duration. I expect that this does occur fairly commonly, but I'm not completely sold on it, given the control utility of Surrounded By Death, which holds mobs in place quite well.

This is where the fetishes produced by the belt come in so handy. The fetishes engage these mobs, these mobs stop to deal with them, giving you a great chance to deal a lot of damage to them with wall of fire.
Not to mention your fetishes can block(absorb) a lot of ranged attacks, there is no other belt that is worth using. I tried almost all of them a lot when I was testing on the PTR, and none of them are worth it over having 15 fetishes up almost all the time.
09/17/2015 09:54 AMPosted by Axvandal
I have this question too. I was running at something like 59% CHC, so I rolled off the 5.5% on my helm for +13% Zombie Bears damage. Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Anyone know if this is a sound move or whether I should roll the CHC back?

Crit hit chance will most definitely be better than Zombie Bear damage. It's not even close.
Finally scored myself a Belt of Transcendence and I can agree. The damage they deal is negligible but the simply having 15 bodies running around that keep mobs from moving away from your dots and block ranged attacks is invaluable. I was barely about to clear GR 50 without it and then equipping it I was able to do 51 in 10 minutes
09/17/2015 10:57 AMPosted by Danomite
The damage they deal is negligible

I haven't watched closely, but how about when the Physical rune comes up on CoE? 8x damage with 15 fetishes (CoE 4x + F/R 2x) has got to be at least decent bonus damage.
09/17/2015 11:13 AMPosted by GunnersDream
09/17/2015 10:57 AMPosted by Danomite
The damage they deal is negligible

I haven't watched closely, but how about when the Physical rune comes up on CoE? 8x damage with 15 fetishes (CoE 4x + F/R 2x) has got to be at least decent bonus damage.

Still irrelevant in anything 60+.
They are strictly there for the cc/bodyblock/tanking.
I haven't seen an answer for it anywhere...why are the top WDs using slow burn as their AC rune? I'd love to use the big AoE one instead but usually there's good reason when 99% of the players pick the same thing :/
09/17/2015 11:56 AMPosted by Jolts
I haven't seen an answer for it anywhere...why are the top WDs using slow burn as their AC rune? I'd love to use the big AoE one instead but usually there's good reason when 99% of the players pick the same thing :/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18700827217
Since Firewall is generally regarded as the best rune, what element do you guys run in your bracers? Or what skill bonus do you have on your mojo?
I prefer CDR as the final stat on my mojo, and for the bracer I take poison (for my bears)