Blizzard work on WD Lag

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 10 11 12 14 Next
The sad truth is, 99% (made up number) of the player base (me included) can't do anything above 60.

So, why bother to fix something that will cost a lot of money/work for a few hardcore players?.

That is why they did what they did with the Carnevil build modification, they don't want to invest on it. It is crystal clear.
09/21/2015 05:16 AMPosted by Markaleth
As far as i know, there will be a pach deployed this week that should considerably reduce the lag generated by WDs. I believe you can verify the news on http://diablo.somepage.com/

That source link is old, Not sure how you came up with "this week" on deploying a patch, unless they updated their servers over the weekend.
09/21/2015 08:03 AMPosted by Artemix
The sad truth is, 99% (made up number) of the player base (me included) can't do anything above 60.

So, why bother to fix something that will cost a lot of money/work for a few hardcore players?.

That is why they did what they did with the Carnevil build modification, they don't want to invest on it. It is crystal clear.

Well, I got regular lag playing fast runs @GR55.

So the problem must be solved. Yes, its most common to have lag on 60+, but you can experience it at lower rifts as well.
09/20/2015 12:56 PMPosted by CaladynusOD
Do we really know this is the cause of the lag, or is it something inherent with the spells/set, set pices or some combo of this. If what you are saying is true then why doesn't all other area damage effects from other classes cause the same problem....or area effects created my swarms of mobs on the screen at the same time. WDs are not the only ones with area effects, yet seem to be the only ones that cause this problem. I am not convinced the problem is using bad servers, although you "could" be right Reaper. I don't, however believe it is that simple.

Simple it is not,

Everything "WE" are seeing are symptoms of a greater issue at work here. When Carn lag was a thing, I got sucked into the notion, "man it sucks I cause this lag in groups" "I wish my skills wouldn't do this."

After awhile, I started to research what would cause lag, how servers work, why they work etc. I started to realize, hey!!!, we are not the problem. I'm not gonna go into the details of what I learned, because its already known by Blizz.....they know what's next.

We should not have to care about such things, we should just care about loggin in a be able to play a game we paid to play.

I truly believe recoding of skills will be at a min, a band aid on a 12" wide open gash.

I truly hope I'm wrong, not likely though, based on what I learned in how 32bit and 64bit servers work.
Another option is to have an offline mode for solo players.

But, yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Cpt. Obvious here. Just FYI I have noticed that continuing to spam spells after the game has started to lag out seems to make it much worse.

I have had much more manageable lag when I take my hands off the keyboard and mouse as soon as I start to see skips.

I know that is no way, shape or form a solution or even an acceptable workaround, but it's something. Give it a shot and see if it helps.
Is ti possible that D3 needs a 'stats squish' just like WoW has done (a few times if I recall). The servers trying to compute billions of damage (especially AoE) is taxing. I'm just not sure why it seems to affect WDs more than other classes?
Fear this will not be fixed in a long time, game is broken as it is now. Best is to play solo, in groups its no fun at all with lag/freeze up to 30sec. Nobody wants you in a group as wd.
09/21/2015 11:23 AMPosted by MikeHoncho
Cpt. Obvious here. Just FYI I have noticed that continuing to spam spells after the game has started to lag out seems to make it much worse.I have had much more manageable lag when I take my hands off the keyboard and mouse as soon as I start to see skips. I know that is no way, shape or form a solution or even an acceptable workaround, but it's something. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

BTW Mike nice to see ya again man, glad your back, thought you totally gave up D3, cleaned up my buddy list and you went on the choppin block :/
Thanks Reaper. I don't blame you. I think I was gone for a full year, maybe more. I was surprised to see I still had a friends list at all. The game seems to be a in a MUCH better state than when I left, which is why I came back. Glad to see it's no longer DH or gtfo. Now if only we could get rid of the freaking lag.
Mike Ill add ya again, if you need some help gearing lemme know man.
09/21/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Xavi
Is ti possible that D3 needs a 'stats squish' just like WoW has done (a few times if I recall). The servers trying to compute billions of damage (especially AoE) is taxing. I'm just not sure why it seems to affect WDs more than other classes?

stack squish would not help, big numbers isnt really the issue, as you can reproduce the lag in very low torments, and confirmed by devs.

it affects wd's the most because wd's has the most dots, which in turn demands the most computations/time.
I was playing WD until this point where things start to lag, so I decided to build a Crusader running Shield Bash. but sadly I realized this is also broken because while Shield Bash button is pressed, all other survival skills you need during the fight becomes locked or must be pressed like 10x to activate.
Even more sad is that I searched for this Shield Bash bug and it was first reported in 2014 and is still here LOL. Sorry to say guys, but they abandoned the game. Also, the attack speed from Roland set many times just does not apply to Shield Bash.
09/21/2015 12:24 PMPosted by HellBound
Fear this will not be fixed in a long time, game is broken as it is now. Best is to play solo, in groups its no fun at all with lag/freeze up to 30sec. Nobody wants you in a group as wd.

Happens in solo gameplay as well.

You know.. if i was in charge at Blizzard HQ, i`d take the game offline for a week and have this lag issue sorted with real manpower and real hardware. When they say they are working on it and putting hotfixes every few weeks it feels like a band aid that just postpones the inevitable breakdown of their systems. It feels like they have a 5 man projectgroup of software designers debating a lot with the gamedesigners about how new skills and items are supposed to work without causing the disproportinal lag issues instead of how to fix the underlaying system that is responsible for these lag issues. Call me pessimistic but when they keep talking about how the problem is complex and not easy to fix i cannot but help to think they hired too much incompetent people to their staff. The systems they are using is not rocket science. If a nuclear powerplant has processing/lag issues in their software, they shut it down and fix it, it will not run before it runs perfectly. Same goes for government programs, NASA, intelligence organisations.. whatnot. The comparison might be a bit far fetched but we`re talking about a multi billion dollar company here.

Individual devs talk about bringing sets like firebirds, invoker and shadow up to par on 2.3 level, if nothing structural will be done about this lag next season will be catastrophic.
09/21/2015 08:03 AMPosted by Artemix

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Assuming you are making a serious inquiry.

1.) Introducing performance issues and actively ignoring them because it affects smaller demographic is a losing strategy. Especially because it paints your Studio in a negative light. Not that a studio would articulate that this is their line of thinking...

2.) Actively ignoring performance issues, especially networking performance issues or server issues, is problematic in the long term when you add new content that potentially introduces more bugs. Networking problems are especially worrying considering the type of game we are talking about. You don't leave serious issues in place when they will potentially compound with other serious issues later.

3.) When your game design hinges on an end game that is unplayable at the highest areas of the progression, its a massive inner contradiction that completely devalues the point of said end game. Its poor design to leave a problem in place that prevents consumers from fully experiencing your content.
09/21/2015 01:05 PMPosted by wadss
09/21/2015 11:35 AMPosted by Xavi

stack squish would not help, big numbers isnt really the issue, as you can reproduce the lag in very low torments, and confirmed by devs.

it affects wd's the most because wd's has the most dots, which in turn demands the most computations/time.
Indeed, I get this insane lag at T9/T10. None of my other chars have this lag problem on the same level.
playing Carn last night in 4 man group 70-75 GR. When density went up it literally shut our rift down. Had this happen in back to back rifts. When I backed off attack it would catch up but still, really disappointing.
@Primal
You left us without saying goodbye :(

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914351693?page=34#661
Still lagging.. Today hot fixes did jack and shat
still laggy in speeds cant pull big density game freezes rip!