Blizzard work on WD Lag

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
bump
BUMP, blue answer to this. WD is useless in group play for higher grifts lagging out the entire group, unbelievable. Both poison dart and helltooth zombie bear build.
Me and my friends all just got online tonight to attempt to do a 60Grift to get the conquest achievement together. It turned out to be a awesome rift layout with great monsters, but as soon as we started pulling it was a disaster. A group of 4+ monsters would lag us to the point we literally couldn't do anything. We are playing with 2 WDs with Helltooth, a Archon Wizard, and a DH. It is a shame that the lag is limiting the potential of me and my friends. Hope you come up with a fix soon Blizzard. I'm sure there are a lot of angry Witch Doctors out there right now.
Yesterday i play in gr 53 as carn with wd HT, barb and monk. 2 or 3 times we had 'freeze' for 10-15 sec (and many more 'light' lags)... It was just 53 GR :( It's amazing how Blues fixed WD lags.

Blizzard DO SOMETHING (sorry) !!!
Lag Remains...
I just finished one gr 68 4 ppl...the only way to make it happen is to pull small groups...our monk pulled around 10-15 mobs and all worked pefect no lag no anything...at biggest pulls...extreme lag...the only way to play atm is to do smalls pulls...it works guys! i play wd helltooth build! hope to help a bit..
I haven't even played but I have watched streamers and this crap is bad. I keep wanting to start playing again but the game isn't even playable. Did they say anything about fixing this soon?
There is another problem, even if they somehow fix firewall lag (which i doubt they will), there is acid rain dot lag too, it is probably even worse than firewall. Try to pull monsters and drop slow burn on them.. even without mimics and helltooth set.
People already starting to realize whats going on, and dont want helltooth wds in groups.
09/01/2015 12:26 PMPosted by aerial
People already starting to realize whats going on, and dont want helltooth wds in groups

Not a great feeling is it?
The Helltooth lag is a result of several factors, and we've already deployed hotfixes that address 2 of them (and reports indicate performance has improved in those specific areas). However, there are still some unaddressed issues that are still affecting performance. We plan to make further optimizations in the near future that should help, but we want to be sure there isn't a loss of power as a result.

If you'd like to read a bit more on the subject, then you can read John Yang's /r/Diabo response right here.
I notice that DoTs continue after mobs die, for one.
Thanks blizzard!
09/01/2015 03:31 PMPosted by Grimiku
The Helltooth lag is a result of several factors, and we've already deployed hotfixes that address 2 of them (and reports indicate performance has improved in those specific areas). However, there are still some unaddressed issues that are still affecting performance. We plan to make further optimizations in the near future that should help, but we want to be sure there isn't a loss of power as a result.

If you'd like to read a bit more on the subject, then you can read John Yang's /r/Diabo response [url="https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3j9p38/hey_rdiablo_were_here_for_a_quick_qa_about_patch/cuni9mi"]right here.[/url]

@Reaps
We're running a 4 man WD group. Doing GR61. We've hit a wall because of the lag. Really obnoxious.
Thanks Grimiku for the communication, as always your are a good friend to us WDs.

I am glad the boys in the background are continuing to address this, I have my fears though, this issue is bigger then what perhaps you guys are able to address i.e (64 bit server conversion) within your fiscal budgets will allow.

Lets hope its a simple code change huh?
09/01/2015 03:31 PMPosted by Grimiku
The Helltooth lag

What about all the other lag, Carn included?
Yeah, I watched a video of the ZE guys doing a 71 on seasons and there was lag. Two barbs, two monks.
Why do I have to go to reddit to read important information concerning Diablo?
09/01/2015 07:18 PMPosted by Flood
Why do I have to go to reddit to read important information concerning Diablo?

Shall I copy and paste it for you? If you actually did read it, this "extra information" in this case really doesn't add much from user perspective.
I can understand the frustration of not having access to certain information outside of main webpage (and yes I do think it's silly) but this particular incidence isn't one of them.
09/01/2015 04:25 PMPosted by Iconik
We're running a 4 man WD group. Doing GR61. We've hit a wall because of the lag. Really obnoxious.

Wow so basically how wizards and DH been since launch? Sounds like the rank 2 FOTM class is getting a bit entitled but hey this is your patch and the devs got all eyes on you guys right now so soak it up and get all your issues fixed - can't blame you one bit there.