Blizzard work on WD Lag

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
u have to switch to carnevil if u wanna push 60+ GRs in group.
dont expect anything from blizzard guys, they wont fix it this season. Its an unfortunate cus helltooth is so much fun.
Can't play with wd in t10 reg rifts; fps just dies.

It's even worse with more than 1.

card; gtx 660 ti
ram; 12 gig
cpu; i7
op; win 7

It's just docs, ffps is fine with any other class. Not sure my end or blizzs.
pls fix this lag issue. Finally we have a nice dmg on wd and also the rare waepon issue is fixed, since they drop more often and you can cube stuff. sadly we cant play wd in groups with gr higher then 55, because the lag becomes sooooo bad. i just want to appologize to me mates all the time for playing wd and causing so horrible lags. its not funny. since last season dod build also had huge lages that didnt get fixed i will soon start a barb. the only 2 classes in group leaderboards are monk barb anyway...
When you look around streams, you will find that most group comps lag after a certain point. Monk+3xBarb, 2xMonk+2xBarb, 2xCarnevil, Vyr's... When they hit enough density, the game grinds to a stop.
Sure Helltooth is worse, but at least we're not alone in this dump.
PLEASE FIX THIS BUMP SO FRUSTRATING
Never had this problem on my Barb regardless of spec (did GR60 with him). On the HT WD I play now, the lag/freezes get worse the higher GR I go; 45-50 seems to be fine but 60 is unplayable. It's also much worse when I use cubed COE over Unity. Too much mob HP combined with too many DOTs with constantly fluctuating damage bringing the engine to its knees?
This lag is a skidmark on a otherwise epic patch for WD

sigh
09/08/2015 07:35 AMPosted by AlCalzone
When you look around streams, you will find that most group comps lag after a certain point. Monk+3xBarb, 2xMonk+2xBarb, 2xCarnevil, Vyr's... When they hit enough density, the game grinds to a stop.

ye thats why i think they wont fix it anytime soon, the issue is bigger than it seems. The problem is not the wd itself, neither HT set, its the way that dots and area dmg work.
It's incredibly frustrating to see. I love the changes to WD, I love the playstyle of Helltooth. But I also love playing in groups, and that's where it becomes oil and water.

Now that I'm looking for 60+ groups, it's a huge struggle to find anyone willing to put up with the lag. Why should they? Add an EP monk or WW barb to the mix and it becomes "play by screenshots" with any density more than 5 mobs.

I've given up on the WD for now and am rolling HOTA barb. I want to play in 60+ Grifts with my friends, and I simply can't do it on the class that I enjoy. Yes Carn spec is possible but i refuse to put in the grind to get an ancient SMK/DoD to play a spec that I don't like, simply because of crappy code.

All hail Barbs.
I was just doing some 2 man 65+, had 0 AD, and had 0 lag even in the most insane density, using acid cloud HT.

also did some 4 man 65+ with minimal lag, i suspect it was from the other players due to their dots and AD.

now that we know HT area damage is bugged, i'm pretty sure having 0 AD is the way to go.
09/08/2015 10:59 PMPosted by wadss
now that we know HT area damage is bugged, i'm pretty sure having 0 AD is the way to go.

I have 0 AD, same bloody laggy stuff
I tested it more whit my wd, and found that, if i use convention of elements ring on me or in cube doesnt matter, lag start solo and group either for me, but when i not using that ring, lag stop.
The WHOLE problem comes from POWER CREEP.
We had no lag when mob density was !@#$ back in gr40.
Now we have crazy density, crazy animation speed of skills. As a result = crazy particle collisions that server side cannot compute. It was not originally made for such a huge amount of stuff on screen .
09/08/2015 07:35 AMPosted by AlCalzone

HT is unplayable. You have no control and rest of your party is literally stuck. The entire game is paused yet grift timer is still ticking and mobs still pounding your !@#$ in.
This is some bu!!sh!t i cant even do 60+ without the game crapping out and my group moving on without me.
09/09/2015 01:05 AMPosted by Zeals
HT is unplayable. You have no control

Yeah :/ thats why I stopped solo-pushing with Helltooth...
Literally unplayable after GR 65

After 100+ hours grinding out full ancient HT I have to spend another 100+ hours to grind out a set that will let me be taken into groups due to HT lag
I tested with 0% area dmg too and I saw that the lags are really better. There not completely away but its alot better without area dmg and when you then combine this with not using piranhado you can play with not that bad lags. We tried it in Grifts 62 4player and it was so much better without area dmg.
I just removed all my area damage, I am at 0%. I can confirmed that the lag are mostly gone, despite heavy use of AD slow burn + fire wall in large packs.

I was struggling at gr64 due to the lag, I finally did it rather smoothly as soon as I removed all my AD.

Great work around !
They're working on it ? good to know... i'm still be kicked from group 60+ speed GR because no-one want to play with a laggy WD... When this issue will be fixed ? Do we all have to reroll Hota ?

sigh...