4 PC Uliana's + Lions Claw question

Monk
So the 4 PC bonus says that each attack of SSS is the total damage of the SSS. Normally SSS spreads its 5677% damage over 7 attacks. With Lion Claw, it basically does 2 SSS strikes. Now with the 4 PC bonus, and Lions claw, will it combine the damage of all 14 attacks into each SSS strike or will it do the first 7 strikes, and then another 7 strikes, with each strike at 5677% damage?
I could be wrong, as I dont have the set yet, and have been experimenting with a weird build on my seasonal monk solo play as I get stuff together. But I believe it is the later where you will get 14 strikes at full damage.
14 times 5677%
so essentially, getting the 4 pc set bonus gives you a 14x dmg increase to SSS? Yikes! Just got my 4th piece, can't wait to try it out.
Im pretty sure its this:

5677 / 7 = 811% per strike (Damage per strike)

Now Apply Lions Claw

811 x 14 = obviously double the previous = total damage 11,354%

now apply u4

11,354 x 14 = damage now

Its a 4 x multiplier for SSS and a 2 x multiplier for EP

Combination is 28x the damage, which for a single target strike seems to be correct ish..
09/03/2015 08:48 AMPosted by Darth
Im pretty sure its this:

5677 / 7 = 811% per strike (Damage per strike)

Now Apply Lions Claw

811 x 14 = obviously double the previous = total damage 11,354%

now apply u4

11,354 x 14 = damage now

Its a 4 x multiplier for SSS and a 2 x multiplier for EP

Combination is 28x the damage, which for a single target strike seems to be correct ish..

I like this response, it begs the bigger question which is: Which procs first?

Because if the Lion's Claw procs first, then the "total damage" that U4 is going off of would be double and as Darth says it would actually be 28x.

OP's original question and responses that followed only end up with 14x. If U4 procs first, then the damage is calculated on the total of 7 hits and applied twice.

I would like to think Darth is right, but I need to do some testing/find some evidence for proc order.
where is the x2 from EP coming from? Is that the U6 bonus?
09/03/2015 09:01 AMPosted by Estrivan
where is the x2 from EP coming from? Is that the U6 bonus?

I don't know where he got that. Maybe he was thinking of FoA. But the 4x SSS on 7 strikes is 28x JUST SSS damage. 2x would apply only to EP damage numbers.
So no one knows for sure yet?
09/03/2015 10:13 AMPosted by WhoMe
So no one knows for sure yet?

Not for sure, but Darth's math seems to be most likely. By the way it's worded, Lion's Claw doesn't do 7 and 7, it simply makes it 14 total. U4 would probably calculate with that in mind. The extremely boosted damage of SSS alone without EP would seem to support this.
No cause when using Lions Claw and not having the 4 piece bonus, It seems to be doing 2, 7 strike SSS attacks with 5677% damage calculated into the both groups of 7 and not 14 strikes at 5677% damage.

That's why this set with that fist item is so confusing. I'm sure blizz doesn't want to tell us how this math works out cause we'd figure out the best combo for the gear, but with all these variables of which goes first and how it goes, is just getting a little ridiculous.
really heh? 2x the EP because there's 14 strikes... not 7 , each hit detonates ep...

4 x SSS cause twice as strong before Uli 4 hits it then, also twice as long. Or at least this is the way it should work..

I mean otherwise, it'd be like you use lions with U2, and it does 14 strikes for 811% each, but then they make u4 do just 7 strikes worth of damage even tho they release this 1h at same time? I mean.. either way Exp palm does most of damage simply because its AoE.

Btw the way it hits is animation stays same.. you hit twice for every hit.
Anyone have an update on this?
What really does the damage in Uliana is EP, not SSS.
I'm not sure what you are exited about. SSS does basically no damage by itself. The 4 piece set bonus was always nearly useless. It's the 6 piece bonus that makes SSS deal the overwhelming majority of it's damage by detonating your EP's.
Why am I excited?
I haven't played this game in a very long time.
I'm just figuring out this build and now I have the 6 piece bonus.

Most importantly, you never answered my question.
01/14/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Fenrir
I'm not sure what you are exited about. SSS does basically no damage by itself. The 4 piece set bonus was always nearly useless. It's the 6 piece bonus that makes SSS deal the overwhelming majority of it's damage by detonating your EP's.

I don't know if the damage calculator on d3planner is accurate but I put together a complete ancient Inna 6 Uliana's 4 build and the damage of each SSS was 18 billion. I wouldn't say that 18 billion is nothing. Granted that is an unlikely scenario of having perfect rolled ancients in every single spot, (no Caldesanni's Despair either in my build) but it did impress me.

Each hit of SSS is buffed x7 for Uliana's 4 and Inna's 6 is an additional x6 multiplier so each hit of SSS is damage x42 plus Focus and Restraint is a 94.5x multiplier to SSS!

My build was
Inna Weapon, chest, belt, pants and boots
Uliana's gloves, shoulders and helm
Focus and Restraint
Hellfire
Spirit Guards (swap to Binding of the Lesser Gods for pet build)

Cube FoE, Crudest RoRG
The not knowing what is added & multiplied when in the equations, though well intended by Blizzard, is very frustrating.
Just TESTED today. U4 with lion's claw shows dmg ~80M per each SSS hit. U4 with other 1h shows ~40M. Hence at 2.6.4 U4+lion's claw deal 777% of it total {14 hits} damage with each hit. (My testing dps is ~100k with Sustained Attack Rune)