Why Carn >>> HT in Grift 70+

Witch Doctor
HT does great damage. Easy to play. I had 414 mil toughness tonight while pushing 70+ in 3 man grift trying out my newly ancient suwong. Even though we were ahead by a huge margin due to density and wide areas, lag caught us and wiped our zdps tank and the rest MULTIPLE times.

Tl;dr

-HT Firewall lags your group (esp if you got an ancient weapon and doing huge numbers).
If you are saying "I'm not lagging," then yes, I don't lag in grift 60 under either.
-with more than 3-4+ firewalls down it's literally unplayable for the rest of the group.

It's literally a cockblock guys. I honestly think HT is GREAT and can PULL AHEAD of Carn/Zuni, but we can't beat the lag in any WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

I loved farming my set and my staff alone took 3 days of rerolling. Guess what? If I was running dart spec I would've landed top 20 or at least 3rd WD in 3s seasonal. What prevented that? Lag. Our DPS was great. Always ahead and then we get density and we hit lag and by the time we are in control there's 20 arcane beams slicing and dicing and we can't control a thing.

Thanks to no number crunching and HT set lagging us, if you want to be serious and compete in high GROUPED grift you need Carn/Zuni.

Am I happy to have spent all this time farming to get cockblocked? No.

The top 2 WD groups on seasons for 3s and 4s use DoD. Why? Esp, when I'm spamming BBV as HT? Simple explanation, LAG.

zdps Monk/Monk/WD = more lag with EP
zdps Monk/Barb/WD = little less lag but lag is present.

Again, this is for GROUPED and Grift 70+. Anything else I don't care for so don't bring the argument I'm not lagging or HT is DE BEST to this thread when you are doing non grouped or grift under 70.

Again, I love HT. I wish Blizz fixed it, I know it's not a simple fix. It sucks to know that LAG is the reason why we are pigeon holed into DoD.

We one shot G67 in 9 minutes 2 days ago at rank 30ish back then in 3s. I got tons of gear from rerolling and went up 3 crit 40 CHD, a better 5th passive, 200k more HP, ancient suwong. Hyped and ready to hit 70. We start and get destroyed by lag. Great.

There's a reason you don't see any HT above 67 in 3s on seasonal. Lag wall of death. Don't believe me? Get a group of friends and attempt 69 or 70. Pull a few mobs. You'll lag, but it's skippy lag. Then pull an entire room cause god blessed you with density? Just go afk and microwave some hotdogs or popcorn cause you're not going anywhere with the lag.
09/05/2015 03:24 AMPosted by Zeals
Again, I love HT. I wish Blizz fixed it, I know it's not a simple fix. It sucks to know that LAG is the reason why we are pigeon holed into DoD.

I heard carnevil lags as well if the density is high enough :/

I talked to a guy that did 72 in a 4p group last night and when i asked him how he prevented major lag he claimed certain rift types and mobs lag less than others. When i checked the clear time it was around 2:00 am~ at night a day ago so i hardly think the time of the day has anything to do with it as i run 55+ regularly at night and still lag everything.

Of course i asked him what kind of rift/mobs he had but he couldnt remember. Quite a shame.
I really enjoy HT, I got my set completed, went back to mess with my fairly optimal carn build and realized what a nice change of pace HT is and I am back to killing demons with bears again.

They need to fix this issue and looks like they are aware of it. Hopefully soon.
Dev's saying they are working on a hotfix for the lag. Slowest hotfix ever.
09/05/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Telamon
09/05/2015 03:24 AMPosted by Zeals

I talked to a guy that did 72 in a 4p group last night and when i asked him how he prevented major lag he claimed certain rift types and mobs lag less than others. When i checked the clear time it was around 2:00 am~ at night a day ago so i hardly think the time of the day has anything to do with it as i run 55+ regularly at night and still lag everything.

Of course i asked him what kind of rift/mobs he had but he couldnt remember. Quite a shame.

High GR lags even without WD, I've seen it happen quite often in streams, but HT WD most likely make it lag even worse.
judging by JY's wording, it probably won't be a hotfix. it's going to be adjusting the skill/set properties similar to what they did for carnevil.
09/05/2015 05:52 AMPosted by Stranger
09/05/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Telamon

High GR lags even without WD, I've seen it happen quite often in streams, but HT WD most likely make it lag even worse.

I agree. Even when I was messing around on my support monk all the palms exploding from the dps monks made it lag
Do the devs even know what is causing the lag when WD's end even other toons like EP go into high density GR?

What needs to take place for the lag to occur?

It seems the common present attributes to the event are density, large damage numbers, stacking DOTs,

Do they know what the real problem is?

Does it lag less when you turn off damage indicators? Just don't look at the numbers? Just curious.
09/05/2015 08:35 AMPosted by Jiraiya311
Do the devs even know what is causing the lag when WD's end even other toons like EP go into high density GR?

What needs to take place for the lag to occur?

It seems the common present attributes to the event are density, large damage numbers, stacking DOTs,

Do they know what the real problem is?

Does it lag less when you turn off damage indicators? Just don't look at the numbers? Just curious.

I'm not a coding genius, but if I had to assume, it's just a ton of calculations. You got lines criss crossing and got mobs in or out of it. Those in, need to calc increased dmg from set bonus/focus/restraint/legendary gem stacks. Then it also has to calculate the dot ticks of all the mobs affected, that's just for 1 line of firewall.

Now with channeling pylon or just a dense map we can smap firewall and load up the servers.

Saw this coming though not going to lie. I figured with people doing billions and bosses having trillions of health, it's due time for number crunch. I rather crit for 2000 than 20 billion if it cost me less lag and performance issues.
Hey I am one of the top groups for 3s and I love playing HT but my group does not like the lag and blames me :(. I swap to carn but I prefer playing HT bc carn imo is too glass cannon. Hopefully the lag will be fixed.