Remove Solo from game...

General Discussion
Seriously.

If a game is created, allow the player to load up AI's adjusted to the gearing of the main player with the ability to adjust the builds.

If they don't select anything, just default to random AI's with random base builds.

Guildwars allows the addition of player generated AI's.

This way people will stop complaining so much about multiplayer.
09/12/2015 05:12 PMPosted by Phatty
Seriously.

No.
09/12/2015 05:17 PMPosted by Vresiberba
09/12/2015 05:12 PMPosted by Phatty
Seriously.

No.

Yes
The issues and complaints about solo vs multiplayer on this game have nothing to do with the AI. It is a matter of buffs you get in group play and such. The game promotes multiplayer with those buffs while others want to play solo but are basically being penalized for doing so.
Remove Phatty and Leaderboards from the game.
09/12/2015 05:21 PMPosted by atom0s
The issues and complaints about solo vs multiplayer on this game have nothing to do with the AI. It is a matter of buffs you get in group play and such. The game promotes multiplayer with those buffs while others want to play solo but are basically being penalized for doing so.

And my solution involves using AI but isn't addressing an AI issue. So don't see your point.

Multiplayer is promoted.

Players still choose solo and complain about mplayer because...well because it affects them but not really.

So just remove the issue altogether with AI fill ins.

If you can't find a team or don't want to find one, just make one from AI. Sounds good to me.
Solo play is fine as is.

Its importance to the game is secondary to multiplayer. A fact that Blizz has made that abundantly clear on multiple occasions.

People are free to choose either option as well as free to take their playing time to other games. Anyone that claims otherwise is lying.
That sounds like a whole lot of extra effort compared to just applying the same math constants re: exponentially stacking rewards buffs in both places. Keep the 30% bonus for grouping to help smooth over any perceived losses in setting up the group, etc.
09/12/2015 05:55 PMPosted by EmmetOtter
People are free to choose either option as well as free to take their playing time to other games. Anyone that claims otherwise is lying.

And given that choice, particularly the latter, applies to all situations in all games, what exactly is your point? Should we just disband the forums and customer service now since any player feedback is rendered moot by your "you had a choice" dodge?
Ok, fine, we remove Solo from the game.

What about the Wookie ?
Solo play is fine as it is, but it is ridiculous how big of a gap there is between that and multi-player. I like to pick stuff up. I like to open chests and kick over dead bodies. I don't want to have to use an aether walker to be able to stay on the same floor as a ds monk or a barb. So in order to be able to move at a pace to pick up loot...in a loot finding game...I have to play solo.

When I need shards or souls I will pug, and it is 90% %$%^ing painful. I am either going full throttle to keep up with some idiot that is only chasing elites, or I am I killing everything, reviving people, and it takes 5 times as long as going alone.

Something needs to give. I get that Blizzard has a hard on for team play, but the differential is way too large. I run a t8 rift in solo, and usually I get 0 to 1 leg. I run a t6 mp game and I get 2-5. That is just wrong. The levels are the same. A solo t8 will get me most of a paragon level, a t6 mp will usually get me 2. It is broken and it needs to get fixed.
Solo has already been removed from the competitive aspects of the game
I am casual and have no aspirations of being "competitive" whatever that means in this game. But, I do not think I should have to suffer a wave of leechers and/or speed runners to try and progress. I totally get that a well formed team is going to kick everyone's butt, however, people that sit afk in rifts they cannot possibly survive/complete should not be making levels/getting loot at a rate far FAR above that of people that actually play the game to their limits alone.
Solo play is fine as is.

Its importance to the game is secondary to multiplayer. A fact that Blizz has made that abundantly clear on multiple occasions.

Well, if solo is secondary to co-op, it means that solo is, in fact not fine as it is, it means that solo is by default 'the crap mode' which isn't fine at all because the choice is still there.

Nu-uh, it's not lies at all, people who are playing solo are forced to play solo by little evil Jedi's sitting there, literally Forcing them to play solo. It's true. I can prove it;

Colonoscopy!

See! I didn't want to write that, it was that little evil Jedi... that one over there ------> who Forced me :(
Since v1.08 Blizz has repeatedly said "we want multiplayer to be the most rewarding experience".

Group play is more important. Solo play is secondary. That's Blizzard's stance. And while they may or may not make changes to "balance things", "close the gap" or whatever, group play will still be more important and more rewarding.

You can cry, throw a tantrum, whatever, but you know if (and that's a big if) there is a change it won't be for at least 4 months.

Until the next PTR you have a choice, like you always have had.
You can choose to play solo.
You can choose to play multiplayer.
You can choose not to play diablo.
You can also choose to have a good attitude about the situation or you can choose to make your life miserable by being negative about it.

But no one is forcing you to do anything (not even evil jedi).

You can choose to claim that, but it would be a lie.
Not a good idea. While followers are nice and everything, they cant ever compete with actual people.
And even if they could, would it be fun to have 3 AI controlled followers doing 75% of the dmg?

The only solution here is real balance.

Give SiN to all group sizes.

Readjust monster HP so it is
1 player: 62,5% monster HP
2 player: 125% monster HP
3 player: 187,5% monster HP
4 player: 250% monster HP

09/12/2015 07:12 PMPosted by EmmetOtter
Group play is more important. Solo play is secondary. That's Blizzard's stance. And while they may or may not make changes to "balance things", "close the gap" or whatever, group play will still be more important and more rewarding.

Which is fair enough.
If multiplayer was like 10% more rewarding rather than 400% more rewarding.
Until then, the situation is simply catastrophic game design.
I don't want to have a bunch of random AI following me. This is a terrible idea.
Just start botting the game. Why play legitimately in this broken system. Blizz doesn't even care about botters.

Think of all the time you'll save.
The choice is absurd, who would pick 1 treat when they could have 10!

Grouping is like a cheat codes, god mode enabled. Just really extremely boring...
09/12/2015 05:26 PMPosted by r3as0n
Remove Phatty and Leaderboards from the game.

i'm also for removing fat people from the game.