Highest GR Without Any Ancients

Barbarian
What is the highest GR you could achieve or anyone achieved without having any ancient weapons or ancient gear?

I just did a a 52 with only 1 ancient head piece, and this head piece is not much different from a non-ancient one, only giving me a boost of 230 more strength, the rest can be found on non-accents.

Between Rend and WW build without ancients, I seem to have harder time clearing 52 and above without ancient in the Rend build, but with WW build it seems possible.

Update: just cleared 53 with no ancients.
I did a 45 before I had any ancients beyond a pride of cassius, Ancients are wonderful but ancient does not equal godly, I've gotten several ancient pieces that I've turned down as not being upgrades over my regular gear, I think with really good rolls you could do gr50 fairly easily.
IIRC, I've done 52 with my current Barb, with 2-3 mins to spare so I imagine I can still move up a bit.

I've got the typical "endgame" set, though no ancients besides IK pants and pretty mediocre rolls overall as I've just started playing this character. I don't even have a gift for my Gavel (actually I have one stashed but I'm saving it for an ancient).

I play solo so acquiring gear takes forever...
09/05/2015 06:17 PMPosted by Rho
IIRC, I've done 52 with my current Barb, with 2-3 mins to spare so I imagine I can still move up a bit.

I've got the typical "endgame" set, though no ancients besides IK pants and pretty mediocre rolls overall as I've just started playing this character. I don't even have a gift for my Gavel (actually I have one stashed but I'm saving it for an ancient).

I play solo so acquiring gear takes forever...

Yeah, I just cleared 53 without ancients.
I ran the hammer build, tried 52 without an ancient weapon, failed horribly. Later that night got the weapon and then cleared 52 with a minute to spare, then tried 53 and somehow cleared it faster with 3 minutes or so left. So I guess it's all about the RNG and how many ancients.
I just spent 500 death breath and got 2 ancient BK weapons. So I can't push higher without ancient anymore. :) But I will push higher with ancients now.