3 years ago I asked devs some simple questions

General Discussion
I read this post back then. Funny to read it now, because almost all of the same problems exist, and those that don't were replaced with even worse problems

The only reason you are getting downvoted is everyone who believes ARPGs should require a functional brain to play, have quit a long time ago
09/16/2015 02:29 AMPosted by Kotobeast
I read this post back then. Funny to read it now, because almost all of the same problems exist, and those that don't were replaced with even worse problems

The only reason you are getting downvoted is everyone who believes ARPGs should require a functional brain to play, have quit a long time ago

I'm getting the same feeling.

And sadly D3 is not the only game of Blizzard's that seems to follow same path of chasing Action end rather than RPG end.

WoW is ruled by same idea of meaningless stats where iLVL is more important than stats in 99% cases and outside of trinkets every piece of gear is stat-stick with no soul or utility.
@op
Your "questions" were more complaint than a genuine search for knowledge. It's no wonder Blizz ignored you.
09/16/2015 04:10 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
@op
Your "questions" were more complaint than a genuine search for knowledge. It's no wonder Blizz ignored you.

So you are not curious why only 0.01% gear dropped is usable, and the rest is instant salvage?

That's a complaint?

As example, angelic rings and sigon were usable by lvl 12s with 3 hours played and lvl 90s with 100 hours played in D2. Nothing but sets and few select legendaries - ancient version is used by anyone who played more than 20 hours of D3.
09/16/2015 04:24 AMPosted by MotherMedusa
09/16/2015 04:10 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
@op

So you are not curious why only 0.01% gear dropped is usable, and the rest is instant salvage?

That's a complaint?

As example, angelic rings and sigon were usable by lvl 12s with 3 hours played and lvl 90s with 100 hours played in D2. Nothing but sets and few select legendaries - ancient version is used by anyone who played more than 20 hours of D3.

LoL it had nothing to do with the items it was simply poor mob design by the developers. You had what "immune" was the only affix that mattered and you would log out of the game to get by it. D2 showed a real lack of developer energy when developing the mobs.
But then when the end game was leeching botted baal runs I guess it did not matter what you wore.

When you were in school tasking math did you pull the answeres from a body orffice also.
09/16/2015 05:56 AMPosted by DeadRu
09/16/2015 04:24 AMPosted by MotherMedusa

That's a complaint?

LoL it had nothing to do with the items it was simply poor mob design by the developers. You had what "immune" was the only affix that mattered and you would log out of the game to get by it. D2 showed a real lack of developer energy when developing the mobs.
But then when the end game was leeching botted baal runs I guess it did not matter what you wore.

When you were in school tasking math did you pull the answeres from a body orffice also.

Does this mean that I can also discount D3's design by stating it's possible to bot for endgame (keys/paragon) here also? Because that's exactly what you just did to D2. If your argument can be easily turned around on the subject material you are defending, it might be best not to make that argument.
09/16/2015 06:16 AMPosted by Lupo
it's possible to bot for endgame (keys/paragon) here also
I don't believe even the dumbest of bots can ever die on T1. :D

Back on topic, the whole conversation is rather funny, but there is no answer why haven't they fixed Crusader even a little bit after a year?
Why do they throw so much rare stuff in the face that cost zero. Why didn't they work on lots of legendaries that are useless to anyone with a brain?
Why the hell do you nerf skills in pve game, when you can actually buff other skills and then fix difficulty that is broken completely.
Why the only "fun" way to play season is to waste hundreds of hours in a pve game to get BASIC gear? By basic I say - correct legs and sets, cause there are no alternatives.
Why didn't they fix bosses for 3 years now?
Why would you make an awesome RNG cube recipe for 25(!) Leg resource?
And the idea behind GR - GOTTA GO FAST is a flaw when you still have a CD Crus ingame.
Congratulations on the likes in the D3 forums.
Because its a dungeon crawling game... If you had 99% drop rate on BiS/OP gear you wouldn't play the game for too long... I'm quite sick of people thinking that they can get power leveled and the set they need just lands in their lap.. Sockets have always been beneficial. If you've played D2 you know runes and you know why.. Granted the Gem system they have isn't the greatest - it works

this is your answer OP;

because the players argue from the above standpoint, that any accusation of items being useless, must mean that all that player really wants is broken OP items after 5 minutes.

They argue, and yet they are too stupid to understand that items "could" be more interesting without being wildly overpowered.

he goes on to jeer people correctly that they should not just expect an instant powerlevel session and expect the end game set in their lap, while ignoring the fact that everyone and their dog is getting zipped up to 70 in minutes, and set pieces are now dropping left right and center...and that everyone is wearing the hodge-podge of the same sad few sets....

Then he attempts to defend the socket system by saying that sockets are supposed to add power, and then pathetically in the end admits that it is not the greatest...but it works....

all in all its absolutely hilarious the lengths people go to defend this game and how hard the squint so that the flaws never come into focus....
09/16/2015 07:50 AMPosted by Shurgosa
this is your answer OP;

No, its the wrong answer
Because its a dungeon crawling game... If you had 99% drop rate on BiS/OP gear you wouldn't play the game for too long... I'm quite sick of people thinking that they can get power leveled and the set they need just lands in their lap..

Honestly, you've read the words but you couldn't guess the meaning behind them. Nobody wants all the items to drop in their arms, cause yeah with 1 viable build low % chance of drop is the only thing to increase playtime anyway. People want fewer items to drop with quality behind them. I don't care if I have a full screen filled with yellow/brown stuff after killing a bunch of goblins and 3 packs of elites, I want to see QUALITY items to drop. If I see a Leg to drop I expect it to be useful of some sort for at least some of builds or other characters. Let it be rare, who the hell cares.
This game IS power leveling anyway, look at top characters, they are all wearing same "rare" equipment after about a couple of days. For others, who are not mad enough to play 24/7, it's a slow and long grind process which is tedious as brain is not involved in this.
Every seasons introduces a tedious and boring way to overpower your character. The game claims to bring competitiveness, yet if you are competitive your are forced into classes and builds you might not like.

Wanted to play a DH jk, nobody would take you in high GRs. Wanted to play WD jk ppl rage at the lag and sure I dont blame them.

So Im stuck with a barb and the rest with monks, with end goal, farm paragons because it's the only way to boost your progression.

But *clap* last 3 seasons bored me within a week, this one took longer.
you want everything handed to you.
you want drops to always be wonderful.
you want it to be so casual, i could log in for 5 minutes and have a full ancient set.

Get the hell out.
09/15/2015 02:09 AMPosted by MotherMedusa
1. Why is 99.99% gear dropping is useless (most of it useless with 0% chance of being useful), and will not be used by non-braindead players? Do devs believe 99.99% players are braindead? Why is socket still a must instead of a choice? Why are 4 stats outperforming everything else by such a huge margin, that only braindead players would use something else?

2. Why are paragon points still pure bonus with no real choice or consequence?

3. Why is there is still no BASIC AS HELL D2-style pvp?

4. Why is majority of rift time is travel instead of crazy fighting?

5. Why are games still 4 player group-only? And group play is by very, very, VERY far, the easiest way to play?

1. Well, people need mats, and 99.99% is, of course, quite extreme. And please, don't kid yourself, like there was much choice in D2 concerning gear (Hammerdin anyone?). I truly have the distinct impression that as of now there is more choice in D3 then there was in D2.

2. Is there much choice? No, nowadays players can reach plvl 800 very fast. But no consequence? Don;t understand. Someone who is 500 has a more difficult time on grift 60 then someone who is 1000, just saying, there is quite some critique about the endgame, which, according to some, is XP.

3. There is, Brawling, and I hated/detested/etc. the PvP in D2, it was absolutely horrible, full of bots and PK's, for the love of god, don;t bring that back. If there is one thing I agree with the devs is that Diablo is primarily a PvE franchise.

4. The problem here is: not always, so I do agree, rifts should be more predictable/should all be about the same/equal concerning density.

5. Has been explained time and again, more than four would create absolute chaos on the screen, hell, that is now already the situation with some group setups. And first fix the lag, if there are 8 it would be completely horrible. And yes: group play is more effective, I somewhat agree that the gap between single and multiplayer should be closed, but that in mp there are some advantages is not exactly unique of Diablo.

For the rest of your post: it's quite dated, too much has changed. I do want to add that I'm a Diablo player from the very beginning, so also D1, played D2 like there was no tomorrow, but still people have some very strange notions about D2. D2 was in a lot of ways also very fundamentally flawed, but because of, I don;t know, nostalgia? People don;t see this very clearly, my opinion.
09/15/2015 03:14 AMPosted by Mathalamus
i can answer number three:

Basic Diablo 2 PVP will just kill the community, since psychopathic people can and will use it, especially in hardcore, to make your life utterly miserable. you wopnt be able to join a public game without being killed in unfair ways.

Have a way to turn PvP off. BOOM. Problem solved. And anyone who turns it on, knows what they are getting. Your argument is invalid.
1. D3 is casual. All it requires is time. It's simply a time sink, the more time you waste the better gear you get.
2. D3 is casual. You can always swap skills this makes leveling easy and you can change build any time if you want, no road mapping.
3. D3 is casual. Nothing depends on player skill, everything depends on your gear.

The point still the same - less drop, more quality loot.
So, back in 2014 you said " I'm done " over and over and over...Yet you have S4 HC monks with over 500 para lvl.....Sounds more like you are posting to show off your + Like's contrary to you saying other wise.

The game has greatly changed for the better since launch .Like it or not it's only slowly getting better but it's still heading in the right direction. The simple fact is the Dev team can not please every player all the time. No one is forcing you to stay or go and really I don't think any one cares if you stay or go.

In fact NO game ever made has been 100% liked across the gaming community.

There are going to be people who just do not like D3's direction and will constantly look back on D2 with rose colored glasses . D2 was a train wreck from the get go. A fun train wreck mind you but still a train wreck. Hack's,Mod's ,Dupes, really made it a love it or hate it game for a lot of people . I never used MH or mod's personally .I'm 100% sure I received duped runes and Items in trades but never had one poof on me .
09/16/2015 07:54 AMPosted by Kotobeast
No, its the wrong answer

Did you read the rest of the post? It was pure sarcasm. My god, why doesn't anyone on this forum READ.

"WHY WON'T IT READ!?"