My thoughts on this season's final portrait

General Discussion
199 hours 15 mins to finish everything mostly solo

My final task was close a tx rift within 3 mins.....it took me 155 tries to somehow pull this off as a solo barb at paragon 630. Oddly, the rift I cleared was an a2 map with no pylons or shrines...

Blizzard....please consider your solo players when creating any more season goals, because the way I see it, tx 3 min clear was specifically built to be done as a team.

I am all for team play within the world of Diablo...but it should never be the end all for content, as lots of us enjoy solo mainly, while playing with friends on the side.

Also....with rift enter and exit lag....it made me on average, 15 seconds behind off the jump while attempting the 3 min clear. Maybe next time have the goal set to complete on rift guardian kill.

15 seconds can break you when on a 3 min timer...

At the end of the day, the only two parts of the list I had issues with was tx 3 min clear and solo gr60.
It felt like the above two were more about pylons,mob,map rng than actual skill.
09/15/2015 01:48 PMPosted by Rellikhcaor
My final task was close a tx rift within 3 mins.....it took me 155 tries to somehow pull this off as a solo barb at paragon 630. Oddly, the rift I cleared was an a2 map with no pylons or shrines...

Blizzard....please consider your solo players when creating any more season goals, because the way I see it, tx 3 min clear was specifically built to be done as a team
Season has literally JUST started. It's 2 weeks in.
You'd be faster at Paragon 1000. And still yet faster at 2000.
Nothing says you had to get your achievement done within the first 2 weeks. So perhaps, something like that is best left when it's easier. And yes, I'm aware rift fishing and finding the correct circumstance has a large part of it, but also your relative power does as well. As you say:
And +500 Paragon can mean that 15 sec difference.
Yeah sure, I would love to have spent an other 200 hours climbing to paragon 1k....Id rather spend that time playing a hammerdin or new witch doctor instead. I also had nothing else to do other than play this game if i wish... I'm pretty sure lots of other players that love this game and enjoy it have 12+ hours a day to grind out paragons and rift runs for 200 or more hours just to get a portrait, or even 200 hours spread out over 2 months.
At least you are not stuck waiting for them to fix that damn "Cubist" season tracker for the Destroyer portrait....
09/15/2015 03:03 PMPosted by Maddhawk
At least you are not stuck waiting for them to fix that damn "Cubist" season tracker for the Destroyer portrait....

Don't cube jewelry towards the total, problem solved.
I just hate how lame and simple the final portrait looks.
I have to agree. This whole season feels like it was geared for group play.
I've only soloed so far and I'm struggling as well.

TX in 3mins need the absolute god rift, doing that solo is impressive.
199 hours 15 mins to finish everything mostly solo

Blizzard....please consider your solo players when creating any more season goals, because the way I see it, tx 3 min clear was specifically built to be done as a team.

I am all for team play within the world of Diablo...but it should never be the end all for content, as lots of us enjoy solo mainly, while playing with friends on the side.

Also....with rift enter and exit lag....it made me on average, 15 seconds behind off the jump while attempting the 3 min clear. Maybe next time have the goal set to complete on rift guardian kill.

At the end of the day, the only two parts of the list I had issues with was tx 3 min clear and solo gr60.
It felt like the above two were more about pylons,mob,map rng than actual skill.

Congratulations! That is amazing!

But I have to agree with others, this season's accomplishment are definitely geared toward co-op and I don't see that changing. If you pay attention to what Blizzard is doing with D3, you'll see that they are making it less less friendly for solo players and more more rewarding for co-op. IIRC, one of the devs commented on a recent Q&A that the current wide difference between the two types of games is as intended. I read that to mean they have identified co-op players as their base and have no interest in solo gamers.
09/15/2015 03:16 PMPosted by DEMOL1T1ON
09/15/2015 03:03 PMPosted by Maddhawk

Don't cube jewelry towards the total, problem solved.

I have 30 barb weapons and 42 armor pieces that I can use on my barb. Even without jewelry I am WAY over the 50 needed for my current season progress challenge of conqueror. Funny thing is, I got season journey credit for 75 and 100 already when I hit those milestones in addition to the standard cubist achievements.
09/15/2015 04:19 PMPosted by Valento
I just hate how lame and simple the final portrait looks.

I was expecting more fire.
Certain things are just not worth it in terms of seasonal rewards. My biggest incentive this season was to get that pet. The new portraits are worse (for my perspective) than last season's diablo skin.
I agree that Blizzard neglects the solo player, but I also think you guys are in a really huge rush. We're 2.5 weeks into the season, with probably at least 8 to go, and you're talking about it taking too long to finish the ultimate step of the season journey...

If I'm Blizzard, I'm not taking this feedback very seriously.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure I'll be downvoted for it.
Blizzard just threw their old gamers public into the garbage can. It forgot that we built what Diablo and maybe what Blizzard is by playing D1 and D2, and we were most old school solo players looking for a good ARPG. Now they just want those juvenile-know-nothing players that like to play only the easy-way with their BFF and look for a MMO game.

While you argue that it's only the begining of the season, remember that groups were already P800-P1k with full ancient in 2 days while solo players where still getting to 70.

I like D3, really like, but this all group oriented crap is making me really sad. This season is a great disappointment because again they didin't gave a damn to solo players.

Seriously, now only SC@ and maybe Overwatch will save Blizzard... At least, for me, untill I find a better game.
Nothing says you had to get your achievement done within the first 2 weeks.

Maybe he/she didnt feel like waiting another 2 weeks to get to said paragon levels.
its not easy for many groups as well.

you need classes that can loldps on the move like geared DH and ww barbs, even then its dealing with how worse rifts are in density compared to even grifts, which feel like they are just terrible now
(most) Open maps have greater density than any GR (hence they they aren't in the GR tileset....) and certainly enough to easily pull of the 2 minute Conquest (with a Conduit, at least).

Any Graveyard or open field is a joke to complete in 3 minutes with decent gear in a group. Solo these are tough, but it's pretty clear by now Blizzard wants you in a group.
09/15/2015 11:29 PMPosted by Kydyr
Nothing says you had to get your achievement done within the first 2 weeks.

Maybe he/she didnt feel like waiting another 2 weeks to get to said paragon levels.

Exactly, if I was sitting at p600, I am simply playing another rift (whether for mats or GR key). Most likely, OP was doing exactly that and happen across this rift. That said, he is trying to complete the journey but... why wait for another 400 paragon?

Would anyone see a super dense rift that has the possibility to complete that achievement just say, "hm... I think I'll skip this rift and wait until I'm p1000 to try it... It'll be much easier then." Haha, really?
09/15/2015 09:52 PMPosted by Frost
remember that groups were already P800-P1k with full ancient in 2 days while solo players where still getting to 70.
Only the extreme no-lifers. You can't use them as the barometer for group play as a whole. You can't compare the absolute best possible outcome of group play to the worst possible outcome of solo. It just isn't anywhere near an accurate comparison.