Current List of Common Complaints / Issues

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
This, haha, and I went up to #4 and saw OP changed it. I am amused and annoyed at the same time. I do appreciate when people use proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure but there is a certain level of understanding needed when we are on the internet (behold my long sentence wahaha).

Good for you OP for being so tentative though. ^

I try my best to keep everything as properly legible as possible, some things do slip through however without me really thing about it though. I apologize for any irritations it does cause however.

Also since most things here were mainly very nice QoL changes, I've updated with with the auto pickup feature as thought it is a QoL change, i've seen it multiple times now, and in some situations i can see it being extremely helpful.

List is mainly pointed towards the more frustrating issues that come up the most anyways~

Updated.
18: Some form of Legendary Gem Management. An example from myself : Include a tab that has all of your currently highest level Legendary gems, these can be drag/dropped into socketed jewelry which would save alot of duplicate gems, inventory space, and time management for those who need to constantly switch characters in order to pick up their gems off of another character

This right here. Was doing 51 grifts and forgot to take the gems off a character so I couldn't upgrade them. This is such a ridiculous feature. Please redo the whole legendary gem feature. Something similair to The Cube would be great.
You did not mention class "balance" the biggest problem of the game right now.
Save progress in bounties and rifts so you can continue where you left off if (or rather: when) you disconnect. This one belongs right at the top of the list if you ask me, because it's becoming a deal-breaker.

You should have two options when a disconnect happens: "reconnect" or "leave game". Pressing "reconnect" should attempt to let you continue your game where you left off until it succeeds or you choose "leave game" / close the game.

In addition to saving your progress, there could be checkpoints (like in story mode). If you reconnect and start in town, a town portal could take you to your last checkpoint. But even in the absence of this feature, just saving your progress would go a long, long way towards making this more bearable.

I can't play Adventure Mode anymore, because there's a 50% chance I disconnect before I can finish a set of bounties or a rift. I'm seriously considering just uninstalling the game until this is fixed.
09/18/2015 12:41 AMPosted by bozocv
You did not mention class "balance" the biggest problem of the game right now.

As much as i completely agree, this is something with enough attention to it every season change that balancing always happens during every PTR. The only reason i will not be putting it into this list is the fact that we as a community understand this, though i know for a fact we would all rather it be balanced consistently and maintained significantly better, it would 'effect seasonal leaderboards' which currently is not going to be a thing anytime soon. Once the announcement of PTR begins to surface would be the absolute best time for people to outrage their concerns with proof and stats.

--

09/18/2015 01:35 AMPosted by Slesk
Save progress in bounties and rifts so you can continue where you left off if (or rather: when) you disconnect. This one belongs right at the top of the list if you ask me, because it's becoming a deal-breaker.

You should have two options when a disconnect happens: "reconnect" or "leave game". Pressing "reconnect" should attempt to let you continue your game where you left off until it succeeds or you choose "leave game" / close the game.

In addition to saving your progress, there could be checkpoints (like in story mode). If you reconnect and start in town, a town portal could take you to your last checkpoint. But even in the absence of this feature, just saving your progress would go a long, long way towards making this more bearable.

I can't play Adventure Mode anymore, because there's a 50% chance I disconnect before I can finish a set of bounties or a rift. I'm seriously considering just uninstalling the game until this is fixed.

^ if anyone can figure out any type of evidence that this could be a possible thing, than i beyond support it and will put it into the list, however i don't believe it is possible unfortunately.
I am lagging these 2 days. Anyone having the same problems? I have no problem with the last patches.
09/18/2015 04:58 AMPosted by Blade
I am lagging these 2 days. Anyone having the same problems? I have no problem with the last patches.

What kind of Lag? Fps dropping or Delay upon trying to do something/rubber banding.

If it's the first, lower some settings, check to make sure you're using your correct graphics cards (some setups have an integrated card that isn't meant for games, but can sometimes be switched to, google it if this is your issue). If these do not work, google *How to increase Fps in D3* there's a few guides out there.

If it's the second, it could be an issue between your ISP and Blizzard, or just your ISP in general. An easy but slightly unreliable method of seeing if it's directly your isp is to open up command prompt and type the following

ping -t google.com

This will show a constant string of information, and as long as *ms* is staying the same without any jumps or lag outs, then the issue is not your isp. From here though, you can contact your isp and see if there's anything going on between their connectivity with blizzard.

--

Just some quick tips/help, there's def more options out there though.
09/18/2015 05:06 AMPosted by IxieSorrow
If it's the second, it could be an issue between your ISP and Blizzard, or just your ISP in general. An easy but slightly unreliable method of seeing if it's directly your isp is to open up command prompt and type the following

ping -t google.com

This will show a constant string of information, and as long as *ms* is staying the same without any jumps or lag outs, then the issue is not your isp. From here though, you can contact your isp and see if there's anything going on between their connectivity with blizzard.

I'm afraid that won't tell you if your ISP is at fault or not because the data will route very differently between Google and Blizzard connections. You need to be doing pathping and WinMTR tests to/from Blizzard's servers, not Google, to see where the connection failure points are.
09/18/2015 05:44 AMPosted by TheTias
09/18/2015 05:06 AMPosted by IxieSorrow

ping -t google.com

I'm afraid that won't tell you if your ISP is at fault or not because the data will route very differently between Google and Blizzard connections. You need to be doing pathping and WinMTR tests to/from Blizzard's servers, not Google, to see where the connection failure points are.

I just meant it for a baseline stability check, i'm def no support wizard.
09/17/2015 09:13 AMPosted by TheTias
Elites in the starting area can kill players before they even load. There is literally zero skill in that and the player has no chance to either escape or put up a defense long enough to survive the unmitigated onslaught.

Now that I started to play HC this is even more frustrating. So far I haven't been killed by this, but that's mainly because I play in a safe T7 and mid 30s grifts. But this is a real problem for higher difficulties or when you try to push for high grift.

I remember that blizz fixed this some time back - that there shouldn't be any mobs by the entrances - I wonder how/why this fix got "unfixed"...
How about labeling the infernal machines with the act they come from like they do the materials?

This is an old one but still bugs me. Can we please get announcements out of the middle of the screen? Put a small note above the tool bar or over in a corner. It never fails to pop up in the way while you are fighting something.

I still think it's crazy that we have to click on every material to move it from the stash to your bag to the cube. Why isn't the system similar to the blacksmith where it comes from your stash automatically?
How about an option to block other people's pets and buffs from getting rendered in your game(aside from the icons)?

Surely would reduce the lag in your own game and reduce the weight on the servers.
09/16/2015 08:51 AMPosted by IxieSorrow
20: Certain High stacking items (taeguk/archon/shrines) will have their durations continue to drop during any form of loading screen, though i doubt changing this in multiplayer lobbies would be possible, if solo play loading screens could be tied in with how pausing the game works, many would be appreciative (this doesn't mean it pauses you every loading screen, but that all duration based things pause until loading has finished)

Hopefully Blizzard will test the crap out of that if ever implemented...I can see people trying to exploit it, to have perma shrine/pylon effects up.
Front page boys~ hopefully a bunch of these will be noticed and hopefully iterated upon or implemented.
I would like to bring to light two issues:
1) Fetish Army seems to be getting in the way of pathing and at times, will stick the character in place, unable to move until FA is recast or just teleporting back to town.
2) is there a chance Blizzard would be willing to modify how Reusable Parts/Arcane Dust/Veiled Crystals and Death's Breaths are picked up? An opt-in mode to auto-pickup the way you do gold would go a LONG way to improving gameplay to me and perhaps others.
Thanks for your consideration!
Cheers
i would like blizzard to put money into my mouth
1. Widening Grift maps. Absolutely. The current meta for damage is AoE on large packs. These maps are very frustrating and you can't change your build to adjust after the rift is open

2. Ghosts are annoying. They can't be LoSed. They run through walls. They need to have damage adjusted. Recommend ramping up damage over time, to give time to counter.

3. Mobs who cannot die mid-animation. Leapers still kill. It's just an insult when you kill them first and they still kill you when they all land on your head.

4. Frozen is doing too much damage. It's hard to see among many visual effects. It spams a very wide area on a very short cd. The damage needs to ramp up over time to give time to counter.

6. Mobs at rift entrance. They're aware and fixing. Good enough.

8. Goblin shrines are rare. IMO, they should be.

9. Solo vs. MP. Absolutely agree. MP is far too lucrative in comparison.

10. Mystic rolls. The difference you're talking about is a tiny tiny fraction of possible rolls. It's not worth the coding time, IMO.

11. Stacking items -> a stat sheet. I understand Blizzard wanting to preserve the tiny fraction of RP left in the game and wanting to keep reagents as an actual object. It's a feeling thing, but I agree with them on this one.

12. Larger buff bar. It just needs to be prioritized so that things like CoE and F/R get highlighted. Bigger icons, perhaps, or better on-screen effect. Timing is everything

15. Legendaries without effects. Yes. Having legendaries rolling unusual things in unusual slots is an interesting concept, but hardly relevant when balance is so out of whack w/ multipliers. Even the 5 primaries legendaries are hard to justify over something with orange text.

20. Load screen buff ticking. I'm sympathetic here. It does stink to lose powerful buffs because of long load times. They should pause while the player is waiting.

21. Smart loot checks. OP raised two issues. First is puzzle rings and bovine bardiches being able to drop on all characters. YES! DHs will never see a cow level solo, while monks and barbs can. That's not right. The second issue was rare legendaries like Calamity. I'm ok with some items being rarer than others.

22. Auto pick-up. Agree there should be more options. Crafting mats should definitely be auto-lootable.
I agree with, or am neutral on, most of these. A few comments:

6: I'm not sure the being immune thing is right. I'm pretty sure I've had a grift start where I was already at half health. Fortunately blizz has commented on this in the Bug Reports forum, so they presumably intend to fix it.

8: What game mode are goblin shrines in? I've never had one, and I don't know what they are/do. From what I've heard I would think they should be changed to be no rarer than Rama's Gifts, Leg follower relics, or leg potions. But I'm not sure what they do to know if that's still too rare.

9: Agreed. Unfortunately the only way I can think of to effectively do this is to nerf +XP gear really hard. Also to require party members to be in the same map when a bounty is finished to prevent split-farming bounties (although that's bound to cause more complaints than it fixes).

10: For some reason I thought they implemented this at some point. If not then definitely should be added.

12: I think most/all 'always-on' buffs like mantras should be removed from the buff bar to make more room (although a bigger bar is probably still needed). Maybe modify/add visual effects on the character to make it clearer that you're getting the benefit. (Mantras, for example, have the ground effect thing, which is enough imo).

14: As much as I'd love more stash space, I don't think the 'giving gold a purpose' excuse is a very good argument. The best gold sink is either a useful gold vendor (maybe Kadala will give a random set piece for ~100M gold - but it can be any set for any class), or a legendary that uses gold up (e.g. thorns damage is multiplied by 1% of your total gold, but you lose 1% of your total gold every time you deal thorns damage)

I kind of favour making the individual character inventory shared as well, and then increasing the number of stash spaces to make the same total stash as before. That way there's no need for mules with the same total stash, and the only significant problem I can think of is Legendary Gems, but that's part of #18.

16: I actually kind of like the progress globes, but I'd like to see them on the mini-map since they can be hard to see sometimes. I don't know what the abuse is that people are doing, though, so I don't know how significant a concern it is that makes you want them removed. (It's not the same as the old trick of leaving/pulling some mobs to a pylon and using them to get the RG next to a pylon, is it? Because if so removing the globes only makes it so people will revert to the old behaviour, so I wouldn't think that would solve anything)

17: This is also important for people that don't want to be carried. There's nothing quite like the feeling of joining a game and realizing you're contributing nothing.

18: This is probably my favourite suggestion on the list. Every season I get another set of gems, and while I don't feel bad tossing the ones I didn't bother to level, anything that was worth levelling is one that I might want to equip on multiple characters, so I can't justify getting rid of it. Having 5 Bane of the Trapped gems doesn't help my inventory, but at the same time, I don't want to unsocket every time I change classes. I think I saw an interview where Wyatt Cheng discussed a similar idea, but you could get the sense that he was just thinking about how long it would take to code it in, and what features he'd have to delay to get something like this in. Still, I'd love to see it at some point.

21: I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'd definitely like to see rings and amulets roll with other mainstats. Gearing up a follower is pretty much impossible unless you off-class. I know I'm not the only one that likes to pick a single class each season, and I hate that it pigeon-holes me into a specific follower - often the "wrong" one, at that! Currently I'm playing DH, so that means I use the scoundrel (even though I'd like to be using the Templar). Last season was WD, so I used the Enchantress. Heck, in season 2, I played Wiz, but used the Templar anyways - and if you look at my seasonal wiz, her templar still has all int gear because there are no str drops.

22: I personally think the vacuum-pickup introduced in 2.2 is fine (or was it 2.1?) I don't feel super strongly about it though, so I'm not about to argue the point.

All in all, you've got a pretty solid list.

-Hawk
All the complaints/suggestions here are great, and I agree with most of them, they also can annoy the hell out of me.

But, for me, 1 problem stands above all.

Stash space. It's beyond ridiculous that there is so little and at this point it has got nothing to do anymore with hoarding. It's limiting the game, in a big way.
This is some thing that's been bugging me for a long long LONG time and that is....is blizzard cool with turbo hud or not.

A lot of people use it except me b/c I fear of a ban/getting a virus for using this program however watching streamers that blizzard supports use this third party mod makes me wonder. If they are allowed to blatantly use them live to the world with no reprecusions then everyone else can use it too with no worry right?

It's has a map hack portion to this mod and it gives a distinct advantage to people who use it and those that don't.

I simply want blizzard to make an official stance about THUD instead of pretending it does not exist. Either say it's officially allowed or start clamping down on it's use.

Just decide if it's allowed or NOT instead of totally ignoring this issue all together and making many us question if you intend to live up to the ToS you make us sign, thanks.