Diablo 2 released 2000, Diablo 3 release 2012

General Discussion
Just some perspective for those of you thinking 4 will come any time before the year 2020.
INB4 Activision
I suppose that's a valid point. But still, expecting D4 anytime soon is not realistic.

personally I'm happy with D3, and the thought of expansions.
Didn't they say diablo story ends on the third installment making it a trilogy, or was i just imagining things? I coulda sworn i read that somewhere.
Diablo story ended with D2.
Diablo ends when people don't want it anymore, which i'm guessing is not anytime soon.
half life 3
09/20/2015 08:29 PMPosted by Hangender
half life 3

You are correct sir
dont you know?

Diablo kills everyone human and demon alike.

He then goes off into the dark void and his leftover demons over the course of a realllllly long time evolve into the Zerg.
Kerrigan is modeled after their memories of D3's Diablo(dem hips!) and Diablo has turned into starcraft then.

so warcraft>diablo>starcraft is the time line *insert rolley eye gif here*

on point.
Diablo 3 was delayed a few tiems if irecall(think once it was even scrapped and started from scratch)

RoS shows Black soulstone breaking, releasing the evils it held within it, so the next Xpac will prolly involve the popular Lords of hell(and the single female Andariel)....
or it better have atleast mephisto or I shall be writing an extremely disappointing letter to ActivisionBlizzard v_v
09/20/2015 08:18 PMPosted by Razzmatazz
Didn't they say diablo story ends on the third installment making it a trilogy, or was i just imagining things? I coulda sworn i read that somewhere.

See here:

http://www.ew.com/article/2012/05/17/diablo-3-chris-metzen-interview/2

It’s not at all the end of Diablo, the end of a particular age or era, but it is the end of a series of machinations that have been playing out on Sanctuary for the last couple centuries.
09/20/2015 08:09 PMPosted by nogood
Just some perspective for those of you thinking 4 will come any time before the year 2020.

There will be years worth of expansions before they probably make a 4.
09/20/2015 08:09 PMPosted by nogood

Last time I heard D3 was having a good sales on console (and PC version of cos but it doesn't matter). Game cycle on console is a lot faster, I won't surprise if D4 is released at 2017 and the corresponding console on 2018.
Half Life 3 will be out before Diablo 4. Think about that shiz.
Do we need a Diablo IV? I mean surely one could keep building on Diablo III like World of Warcraft has. Throw in 2 more expansions with 2 more classes and a load of patches and Diablo III could as well be Diablo IV.
You are aware that Blizz North had practically finished their version of D3 in 2005, but they got shut down before it released and as such it got scrapped?