What's in the patch that is up on PS4 now?

Console Discussion
09/22/2015 01:50 PMPosted by Tbone
My PC version for sure didnt have a 1.6 gig patch :D

0/10
Does anyone know what they did yet??
09/22/2015 01:31 PMPosted by Samael
Bumping is frowned upon

So is releasing a patch with no notes

You do realize on PS4 you can highlight D3 and press the Options button, and view the patch notes, right?
Today's UEE patch addressed a number of technical issues, and was not considered a content patch. Many of these changes reflect the PC hotfixes, except for those that do not make sense for console. Additionally, this patch contains all of the Area Damage fixes we've made so far.
Did they eliminate all the mods and hacks? Oh well...
09/22/2015 02:56 PMPosted by PUNO

I don't think they're aware of that stuff. Someone should post about it.
09/22/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Arctor
09/22/2015 01:31 PMPosted by Samael
Bumping is frowned upon

So is releasing a patch with no notes

You do realize on PS4 you can highlight D3 and press the Options button, and view the patch notes, right?

You mean the ones that are notoriously vauge, and don't really give timely info? Yup. I do.
09/22/2015 02:58 PMPosted by Arctor
09/22/2015 02:56 PMPosted by PUNO

I don't think they're aware of that stuff. Someone should post about it.

Be the first big guy...
09/22/2015 02:50 PMPosted by Grimiku
Today's UEE patch addressed a number of technical issues, and was not considered a content patch. Many of these changes reflect the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18695103092"]PC hotfixes[/url], except for those that do not make sense for console. Additionally, this patch contains all of the Area Damage fixes we've made so far.

Thanks for the update!
09/22/2015 03:03 PMPosted by Samael
09/22/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Arctor

You mean the ones that are notoriously vauge, and don't really give any viable info? Yup. I do.

I will agree on the vague part. But the viability of the information is not in question (since I'd argue information can't, by definition, be "viable"). Substitute "timely" for viable and we'll be in complete agreement. :)
Today's UEE patch addressed a number of technical issues, and was not considered a content patch. Many of these changes reflect the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18695103092"]PC hotfixes[/url], except for those that do not make sense for console. Additionally, this patch contains all of the Area Damage fixes we've made so far.

Thanks for the updates...that means though we are the same as PC then? In that Area Damage is still bugged with certain skills/bonuses and we need to wait till 2.4 until it is properly addressed?

Also, does the console patch contain the Hellfire Amulet fix that was released on PC today?
1.7gb of hotfixes? ye right. Sounds like they just re-released 2.3 in its entirety with the fixes on top. Lazy
09/22/2015 04:00 PMPosted by Bladerunne2
1.7gb of hotfixes? ye right. Sounds like they just re-released 2.3 in its entirety with the fixes on top. Lazy

Holy Hell!

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering what the patch was for.

1.7G for bug fixes? Keep that up and im gonna have to ditch D3 on console cause im seriously not gonna buy a 1tb drive just for your giagantic patches with no content involved in em.
09/22/2015 07:31 PMPosted by Kyleigh

1.7G for bug fixes? Keep that up and im gonna have to ditch D3 on console cause im seriously not gonna buy a 1tb drive just for your giagantic patches with no content involved in em.

Yeah I agree like seriously fox the mods doc the dupes add seasons do something
Do you people moaning about season really want to reroll every few months just to get a few items...? With the disconnect, there wouldn't be leaderboards.

Someone needs to explain what the draw there is...
09/22/2015 09:26 PMPosted by Samael
Do you people moaning about season really want to reroll every few months just to get a few items...? With the disconnect, there wouldn't be leaderboards.

I agree with you I have no interest in leveling again every 4 months. But the bigger issue is that it is way to late for seasons on the console with server side saves. For seasons to work there needs to be lots of people to play with to get paragon levels to push leader boards. The mods have basically destroyed the community there is very few who play any more. Seasons as mostly solo be a very miserable experience IMO.

Now if we are talking a non season always online option I be all over that in a second. I would not mind re-leveling 1 time to have access to public games.
09/22/2015 10:33 PMPosted by kodiac72

I agree with you I have no interest in leveling again every 4 months. But the bigger issue is that it is way to late for seasons on the console with server side saves. For seasons to work there needs to be lots of people to play with to get paragon levels to push leader boards. The mods have basically destroyed the community there is very few who play any more. Seasons as mostly solo be a very miserable experience IMO.

Now if we are talking a non season always online option I be all over that in a second. I would not mind re-leveling 1 time to have access to public games.

I think you have missed the point with Seasons on Consoles...they will never have leaderboards unless they make it an online only game with saves saved at their end.

When they said they would "take a look" at seasons on consoles they only mean having separate characters that start a new journey from scratch with no stash like PC and you have something to aim for, a goal because Seasons, even without leaderboards, would give console players something to do in the game.

But leaderboards would never be a part of the console experience if they introduced seasons given the offline nature of consoles and the obvious issue of modded gear. They are not changing the offline nature of the game thus we must conclude no leaderboards ever.

The fact that there wouldn't be modded gear is a huge draw for me.