Please update last gen consoles!

Console Discussion
I very well know that PS3 and XBOX 360 are not getting updated, so don't come to me saying "Oh, you should have done your research before buying a game."

I shouldn't have to do research, I should get the full content I paid for. There is absolutely no reason that last gen consoles should be screwed over and not get the full game that every other version of the game has. They should not have released the game in the first place if they are not going to support a specific version of it until the end of it's life cycle.

It extremely irritates me that doing one set of research is not enough, if I'm researching about a game, what I find out should apply to EVERY form. Not just the new and more powerful consoles. I hope this is not a practice that Blizzard ever does again, or that any other company should ever try to do.

This is really just a rant that I'm sure many of us that still play last gen are extremely irritated by.
09/25/2015 04:16 PMPosted by Emokitteh
I shouldn't have to do research, I should get the full content I paid for.

Technically speaking, you did get the content you paid for. Also, next-gen users haven't had to "pay" for updates. Those are free. Blizzard announced prior to the game's release that last-gen versions would not receive future updates. Claiming ignorance is never a valid excuse. Especially when it comes to you and your money. Remember the old maxim: buyer beware. Do your research and you and your money will have a much better experience.
You must do your homework on what you buy. If not the only person at fault is you.

I should get the full content I paid for. There is absolutely no reason that last gen consoles should be screwed over and not get the full game that every other version of the game has..

This is insane. What content did you pay for? Patches that won't run on your ancient piece of technology? You paid 60 bucks and want them to patch you for the next 10yrs or something? if Blizzard decided to stop patching xbox one tomorrow I wouldn't care less. Best value for money game I've ever played. BUY a current gen console.
I enjoyed the game on my 360. Just transferred over to Xbox One and its great, game was $30 off Amazon.

Pony up the cash or save up for next gen console. The visuals are much better, sound is even better, load times are greatly reduced, smoother all around, plus 3 major patches of changes.

You bought version 2.0.6 it works just fine, play it for what it is. When you get bored move on or up.
Feel lucky they even made expansion for last gen
All developers need to stop making games for last gen. Just let them die already. The ps3/360 have been around for about the same time frame as the period between NES to PS1. Stop making games for dated hardware.
Look at CoD losing the campaign mode on last gen, it's inevitable
And to be fare, you did get what you paid for.
No where on the box of the ps3 or 360 versions does it say you are entitled with your purchase to future patches updates and additional content.

Coming from someone who played D3 since release on Ps3, I can assure you the upgrade to current gen UEE is worth every penny
09/25/2015 04:16 PMPosted by Emokitteh
I very well know that PS3 and XBOX 360 are not getting updated,

They are not getting updated as they are 11 year old systems. Lol, you need to get updated, not the game!
You got the full content you paid for. Updates are free additions the developers decide to do. Nice try though. If you want the game with the lastest updates get a CURRENT GEN console
09/26/2015 09:54 AMPosted by rush86
You got the full content you paid for. Updates are free additions the developers decide to do. Nice try though. If you want the game with the lastest updates get a CURRENT GEN console

For any other game this would be the case, however this is an MMO. They have an obligation to provide us with as much as the console can handle, just as they have an obligation to fix all the cheaters. There is no excuse to not provide us with class changes and bug fixes.

I for one will not be buying an over priced console to play an over priced game.
09/26/2015 10:16 AMPosted by Warkey
09/26/2015 09:54 AMPosted by rush86

For any other game this would be the case, however this is an MMO. They have an obligation to provide us with as much as the console can handle, just as they have an obligation to fix all the cheaters. There is no excuse to not provide us with class changes and bug fixes.

I for one will not be buying an over priced console to play an over priced game.

It's not a MMO. it's a ARPG. Why you think they must do anything Is beyond me.
09/25/2015 04:54 PMPosted by Vydor
You must do your homework on what you buy.

So true. You must read all comments to each post in their blog from game's reveal till it's release. Otherwise how would you know about Announcement?
09/26/2015 10:39 AMPosted by Vydor
09/26/2015 10:16 AMPosted by Warkey

^^this

Why people think this is an mmo is beyond me.
09/26/2015 10:52 AMPosted by Heiðinn
09/26/2015 10:39 AMPosted by Vydor

^^this

Why people think this is an mmo is beyond me.

It does not even fit what a MMO means. a MMO means in case you did not means massive multiplayer online game. All this is a ARPG ( action role playing game ) with a choice to play with 3 others online. What's massive about that?
What are these people going to do when production on all games cease on last gen? You got what you paid for with an outdated system. You got almost 10 years with it. It's time to upgrade.
I bought D3 first on pc, then PS3, and then PS4, which is where I play now.

It is understandable that companies want to move forward now that the next gen consoles are here, BUT..... I can see where people with the last gen consoles feel they should have the same access to additions and updates as we do, because its not like Blizzard created D4, and now only on next gen. Not yet anyway.

As long as they are providing updates for the game itsself- we are still on D3- it would be fair to also provide that for ALL the consoles they wrote this game for. Who knows, maybe the team fought to have the old consoles included in the updates and patches, but lost due to business considerations. Decisions like these rarely boil down to just one person.

But I can see where you're coming from, OP.
09/26/2015 10:42 AMPosted by Hazama
09/25/2015 04:54 PMPosted by Vydor
You must do your homework on what you buy.

So true. You must read all comments to each post in their blog from game's reveal till it's release. Otherwise how would you know about Announcement?

Or Google it. Or Go to the website of the game. The annoucement about last gen WAS on the site for the game. And it was on FB. The info was posted. You just had to look. You can't not look. And miss something. Then get mad that they won't do what they said they would not do in the first place.

09/26/2015 11:30 AMPosted by Scenes
What are these people going to do when production on all games cease on last gen? You got what you paid for with an outdated system. You got almost 10 years with it. It's time to upgrade.

They will go to the game forums and demand they do it.
There is absolutely no reason that last gen consoles should be screwed over and not get the full game that every other version of the game has

You got the full game on release, the disc contains the same content as currentgen.

There IS a reason why lastgen doesn't have all the new content and that is technically lastgen can't handle it.

End of mate, no discussion to be had. Greet all you want but that is the situation, lastgen are 2.06 and before they released the game they told you they were not updating it.
Or Google it. Or Go to the website of the game. The annoucement about last gen WAS on the site for the game. And it was on FB.

Yes it was on the site - in the comments. So good BipolarFly asked about last gen updates, otherwise we would be still in the dark.
Other developers spreading important announcements both through their sites and major news sites like IGN and Gamespot months before release must be out of their minds.
Comments, Facebook, week prior release. That's how it's done. Someone has to be an innovator, or else people will forget how to Google with all these easy to find news from other devs.