Changed My Mind, Staying 100% Solo

General Discussion
I was 99% sure yesterday I was going to finally join a party and bounty up for this event.

Get 10 times the caches I'd get normally solo'ing.

But... I have overcome the urge and am now 100% sure I won't.

I am still 100% pure solo player.

Still.

You can see right here, yeah right there, that is my badge of 'solo only' and 'self found items only' pride and I keep that badge all super shiny, as you can tell.

Nice try Nevalistis, I almost bit into the "be a multiplayer" apple.

Better luck next time.
ewww multiplayer, full of elitist.

Not as elitist as hardk0re aka dying to lag players though.
Wants to play exclusivelly solo

Feels the need to tell the entire Diablo community
Thanks for sharing with the community that you can't make a sound and reasoned decision like playing multiplayer in a multiplayer game where 1/3rd of the skills are made for team play.

Maybe play Skyrim?
Maybe play any single player game?
Maybe take an IQ test and score far below average?

Either way.. good luck in Sanctuary. Have fun.
It's pretty funny, I never knew there was so many QQ solo playes until today after really going through the forums.

Why is it so fun to play video games by yourself? Why is being a loner so cool to some people?

Laughs are better shared. Getting 4 guys together and having a good time is so much fun. Sure there is a time and place to have alone time... but really? Co-op play is so much more fun.
09/25/2015 07:09 PMPosted by Tubs
Wants to play exclusivelly solo

Feels the need to tell the entire Diablo community
09/25/2015 07:44 PMPosted by Christian777
I have a girlfriend sitting 5 feet from me. She doesn't play games though.

Silicone girls don't count.

But hey, if you were truly solo you wouldn't need her.
09/25/2015 05:29 PMPosted by Christian777
I was 99% sure yesterday I was going to finally join a party and bounty up for this event.

Get 10 times the caches I'd get normally solo'ing.

But... I have overcome the urge and am now 100% sure I won't.

I am still 100% pure solo player.

Still.

You can see right here, yeah right there, that is my badge of 'solo only' and 'self found items only' pride and I keep that badge all super shiny, as you can tell.

Nice try Nevalistis, I almost bit into the "be a multiplayer" apple.

Better luck next time.

We are grouping some people for solo feedback in the next PTR patch.

Get ready, don't let your dreams be dreams.
Diablo really is a solo game at heart. No one really communicates and no one needs to. Whether in a pub or group of friends... they may as well be AI on the other end. If the XP were the same I'd run solo like I used to. At least then bounties would be turned in correctly.

Average Length;First Sentence Pissed Me Off: Other people in my game only cause headaches. They do not improve the experience.
09/25/2015 07:25 PMPosted by PaleValkyrie
Thanks for sharing with the community that you can't make a sound and reasoned decision like playing multiplayer in a multiplayer game where 1/3rd of the skills are made for team play.

That only happened when they brought the WoW Devs over to make it a wanna be MMO.

This game is not changing for the better despite what many of you think.
09/25/2015 07:30 PMPosted by Electrance
Why is it so fun to play video games by yourself? Why is being a loner so cool to some people?

Plenty of reasons for me:
- Because people are more often than not insufferably stupid.
- Because I hate being on someone else's clock.
- Because some of us don't want to rely, let alone depend on others to overcome challenges.
- Because I don't like leechers (whether it's us being one, or someone else trying to take a shortcut).
- Because I can pause, and AFK whenever I want without aggravating others, or being judged by inconsiderate idiots for having RL eventualities.
- Because I don't need to take crap from epeen jerks feeling the compulsory need to tell me how much I suck for not being Plvl1000+ or not having perfect ancient gear.
- Because of the awful amount of visual noise from other player's respective lightshows, which combined with the game's engine awful optimization (or lack thereof) makes for a really annoying experience sometimes.
- Because I don't appreciate being funneled into a mode that's being set to be deliberately easier to help the lowest common denominator to feel like they're actually decent at the game without actually demanding a full performance from everyone (50% hp per player is a joke).

So yeah, "Being cool" may as well be the least probable reason, actually. Never really thought of it, in fact. Despite the designers desperate efforts to isolate solo players and force us to partake into their overly flawed group experience, I still don't like their group play setup that resembles more a welfare food bank than an actual competitive environment to make online matter. I honestly don't care what someone else thinks about my play style. There's really nothing to brag about when choosing to go solo or co-op. You enjoy grouping up? Fantastic! I hope you're having a great time and can keep enjoying it for as long as you decide to play this thing. I don't, and even though I don't expect everyone to sympathize, or even understand the nature of my choice, I'd at least expect them to respect it.

Would we like a more balanced experience relative to the overwhelming amount of arbitrary buffs "group" players receive just because the designers can't really make group play appealing for everyone? Absolutely. Let's face it. In this game a lot of the so-called grouping couldn't be farther from said concept. Sure, you're in a party, but's usually some overgeared dude running ahead killing everything and leaving everyone else in the back vacuuming loot. Not saying It's always that way, though. It's actually pretty interesting to watch properly coordinated groups conquering high-end GRs (you know, those actually playing together), but for the most part, this "group" play thing isn't even about playing together, but about profiting from a bunch of arbitrary buffs without even caring for the next guy's idea of fun.
It's pretty funny, I never knew there was so many QQ solo playes until today after really going through the forums.

Laughs are better shared. Getting 4 guys together and having a good time is so much fun. Sure there is a time and place to have alone time... but really? Co-op play is so much more fun.

not everyone likes to talk while they play. i'm not interested in voice chatting in game, have no mic, and no intention to get one. i just like to kill at my own pace by my own rules. if i wanna switch from rifts to keywardens, to grifts or bounties.. i can do whatever i want solo. need to step away for a few minutes? or want to spend 20 minutes rerolling gear. i can. no vote kicks, no elitist attitude.. SO much more fun, right?
09/25/2015 08:25 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

- Because some of us don't want to rely, let alone depend on others to overcome challenges.
- Because I don't like leechers (whether it's us being one, or someone else trying to take a shortcut).
- Because I can pause, and AFK whenever I want without aggravating others, or being judged by inconsiderate idiots for having RL eventualities.
- Because I don't need to take crap from epeen jerks feeling the compulsory need to tell me how much I suck for not being Plvl1000+ or not having perfect ancient gear.
- Because of the awful amount of visual noise from other player's respective lightshows, which combined with the game's engine awful optimization (or lack thereof) makes for a really annoying experience sometimes.
- Because I don't appreciate being funneled into a mode that's being set to be deliberately easier to help the lowest common denominator to feel like they're actually decent at the game without actually demanding a full performance from everyone (50% hp per player is a joke).

So yeah, "Being cool" may as well be the least probable reason, actually. Never really thought of it, in fact. Despite the designers desperate efforts to isolate solo players and force us to partake into their overly flawed group experience, I still don't like their group play setup that resembles more a welfare food bank than an actual competitive environment to make online matter. I honestly don't care what someone else thinks about my play style. There's really nothing to brag about when choosing to go solo or co-op. You enjoy grouping up? Fantastic! I hope you're having a great time and can keep enjoying it for as long as you decide to play this thing. I don't, and even though I don't expect everyone to sympathize, or even understand the nature of my choice, I'd at least expect them to respect it.

Would we like a more balanced experience relative to the overwhelming amount of arbitrary buffs "group" players receive just because the designers can't really make group play appealing for everyone? Absolutely. Let's face it. In this game a lot of the so-called grouping couldn't be farther from said concept. Sure, you're in a party, but's usually some overgeared dude running ahead killing everything and leaving everyone else in the back vacuuming loot. Not saying It's always that way, though. It's actually pretty interesting to watch properly coordinated groups conquering high-end GRs (you know, those actually playing together), but for the most part, this "group" play thing isn't even about playing together, but about profiting from a bunch of arbitrary buffs without even caring for the next guy's idea of fun.

Great post +1

Couldn't have said it better.

D3 isn't a good multiplayer game. If group/solo rewards were even almost everyone would solo. Having huge group bonuses is Blizzard's desperate attempt to get people to play in a group. Instead soloers either keep playing solo or just quit.

No point playing a game if its not fun...
I know there are a lot of ppl that enjoy playing the solo game and I can certainly respect that point. I am one of those guys that prefers to play in games with other ppl, though. That is just my mentality. I can do plenty of things solo around my house,etc. I get on D3 for the social aspect and that includes playing with other ppl, generally friends. I don't do a lot of pub games, as I don't necessarily trust ppl to turn in bounties in the correct order. Most of the games i play with others are with clannies or friends of mine. That is the best way for me to play. However, of course the best way for me to play may very well not be the best way for the next guy to play. We can all enjoy the game while still playing it in either style, solo or more group play.

Don't get me wrong. I still enjoy doing some solo play. I am only saying that generally,I prefer group play over solo play. Cheers!
09/25/2015 11:20 PMPosted by Mike
09/25/2015 08:25 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

Great post +1

Couldn't have said it better.

D3 isn't a good multiplayer game. If group/solo rewards were even almost everyone would solo. Having huge group bonuses is Blizzard's desperate attempt to get people to play in a group. Instead soloers either keep playing solo or just quit.

No point playing a game if its not fun...

I agree he made a great post :). I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, but ehh to each his own....that is the beautiful thing. We can all have differing opinions on these issues and all be right. Nobody has to be wrong.
I really worded what I meant badly. I meant to say how is playing D3 solo an enjoyable experience?

I get that its nice to play at your own place. I do. However I just simply don't see how running rifts, running bounties all the time by yourself is fun. I guess I can't relate because I get a lot of enjoyment outta kickin it with a few guys.

I guess not everyone likes to be social at all. Sorry. Carry on. Nothing wrong with that of course. Do what you wanna do, live how you wanna live. Hakuna matatta brah.
The ultra long post here I +1'd as well.

It may be my first +1 ever, not that it's some world shaking insight (his post) but it was well thought out. I have liked a ton of other posts in these forums but, only in my mind :)

Personally I play solo because I like feeling like everything my characters are, they are because of me, and RNG I guess.

It's not a big deal, just how I play this for now.

My reason for making this thread wasn't to really brag, as that was in jest, and wasn't to "QQ" as someone wrote. It was just a solidarity thing in a way with other "solo" players.

Of course drama + forum = commonplace. Some of you need to learn to not be so jump the gun aggressive right out of the gate, seriously.

And a little recognition to that Nevalistis person and her dev friends for doing this bounty thing. It's appreciated even if I'll still be getting less than half what multiplayer people get on a normal day.

I mentioned her in a previous post laughing at how they offered last year, +50% gold find. I swear I almost spit out my food laughing when I saw the video of her having such an "event".

Now this.

Much better.

So much better I almost tarnished my Solo Badge and went multiplayer today.

That Nevalistis plays hardball dang.

Still 100% Solo Player though, signing off.
I don't like to waste my time, so I will continue to search for people who are competent at speeding through higher GRs because that's where the exp and bloodshards is at.