Remove Shared Experience (for Legit Players)

Console Discussion
The shared experience issue has turned what was already a bad situation in public games and made it even worse. Now you can get a few thousand paragon levels because they implemented the same shared experience feature that they did in the PC version. I understand the reason for doing it in the PC version of the game and even agree with the decision. But I think this should be removed from the console version because it's putting players that want to play legit in an even bigger bind then they've been in up to this point. Someone comes into a public game with a super high level gem of ease and all of the sudden you go from P8 to P1000.

I don't know if we can actually convince Blizzard to address this, but if enough of us legit console players suggest it, maybe they will. Otherwise, another reason to steer clear of public games.
I agree with this. I know people won't like loosing the group averaged xp. This one issue must be fixed and removing it for now fixes it.

Just last night, I must've set my network setting to public instead of friends only by invite. Someone noticed new player joining was P10,000... Everyone starts yelling quit out!

I don't want to waste time reloading from my USB backup, transferring anything I earned to friends while I go back in time to last backup.
They were warned about this when it was in ptr. Completely ignored. Atrocious handling of the situation. If this was bloomberg or reuters people would've been fired. Thankfully it's just a silly game we all love.
Or the ability to opt out of shared xp, or share it only with friends? A checkbox like elective mode? Anything. Randomly gaining 1000 paragon levels and being able to crush Torment 7 in what i consider mediocre gear ruined D3 and has turned my PS4 back into a Netflix machine. Insert GoT shame meme.
When I host a game, I open a regular rift right off the bat if I'm doing bounties. This way when a jacked up paragon player joins they can't unnecessarily boost me. From there I can make the conscious decision to play with that per or boot them.

Its not a perfect solution but with UEE I've learned to work with what I can
09/26/2015 05:48 AMPosted by Elzavier
When I host a game, I open a regular rift right off the bat if I'm doing bounties. This way when a jacked up paragon player joins they can't unnecessarily boost me. From there I can make the conscious decision to play with that per or boot them.

And what if they teleport onto you, then proceed to kill a few mobs. Not sure how a rift being open could stop that.
lot, the only legit players are those that never traded,if you did, then you are not legit as you have duped items.
I agree with this. I worked my paragon up to 300 and decided to pop into a group. I entereid the group and lagged horribly, when my game got back to normal I was sat at paragon level 1400+.
i use modded items, but i don't tolerate the ones who spam the gem of ease to get 10,000... im settin pretty at 420 something paragon, id rather work my way up, plus the items i use don't harm others xp..

someone added me from here, and i noticed his xp kept jumping higher and higher, cuz he joined the public games and apparently liked how he was climbing... well we aren't friends now...
09/26/2015 06:32 AMPosted by Heiðinn
09/26/2015 05:48 AMPosted by Elzavier

And what if they teleport onto you, then proceed to kill a few mobs. Not sure how a rift being open could stop that.

They can kill all your mobs they want
The insane experience gaining and unwanted paragon levels comes from cheaters doing insane high grifts

If you open a regular rift before they come in, they can't do that right away
Giving you time to decide what to do before any damage can happen
09/26/2015 06:01 PMPosted by Elzavier
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The insane experience gaining and unwanted paragon levels comes from cheaters doing insane high grifts

You obviously don't understand how shared xp works this patch. Most people who have been boosted were boosted in regular rifts and bounties.

Gem of ease is not multiplicative in greater rifts. It actually levels you slower in grifts. It IS multiplicative with the xp bonus in regular rifts. You only get the listed amount in a grift added on to every mob killed, but in T6 for example, that 100 billion bonus xp is multiplied by the 1600% and becomes 1.6 TRILLION XP per kill. That's enough to boost anyone quickly after just a few kills even split between all four party members. This is something that you would have no reaction time to unlike someone opening a greater rift.
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

You obviously don't understand how shared xp works this patch. Most people who have been boosted were boosted in regular rifts and bounties.

Gem of ease is not multiplicative in greater rifts. It actually levels you slower in grifts. It IS multiplicative with the xp bonus in regular rifts. You only get the listed amount in a grift added on to every mob killed, but in T6 for example, that 100 billion bonus xp is multiplied by the 1600% and becomes 1.6 TRILLION XP per kill. That's enough to boost anyone quickly after just a few kills even split between all four party members. This is something that you would have no reaction time to unlike someone opening a greater rift.[/quot
Ok you don't have to be so rude and matter of factly
With that said I do appreciate your input
So far I have had not had this be an issue for me and I've played public games every other day since the patch release
When I read about shared xp I just opened a rift since grifts where the issue all the while
Again, I appreciate the input, I just figured I'd share with the community what has worked for me
Cheers

So far I have had not had this be an issue for me and I've played public games every other day since the patch release
When I read about shared xp I just opened a rift since grifts where the issue all the while
Again, I appreciate the input, I just figured I'd share with the community what has worked for me
Cheers

I wasn't attempting to be rude. I opened with a generically vanilla question.

I just wanted to keep you and others from thinking you'd be safe outside of greater rifts.

Happy demon slaying.
09/26/2015 06:44 PMPosted by Heiðinn

Cheers

I wasn't attempting to be rude. I opened with a generically vanilla question.

I just wanted to keep you and others from thinking you'd be safe outside of greater rifts.

Happy demon slaying.

Don't mind me I was cranky because I felt stupid for offering help that was no good.
Now I fully understand why people are pissed.
Maintaining legitimacy, or as close as you can get now almost requires you to exclusively play with friends only.
@elzavier it's all good, man. Slay some demons, feel better.
Public games are definitely a "no-fly zone" for anyone wanting to play legit, especially now.
09/26/2015 07:52 AMPosted by Booker64
lot, the only legit players are those that never traded,if you did, then you are not legit as you have duped items.

How is it possible to detirmine where those items come from...?
*trollface*

*shrugs*
If it's just laying on the ground, and doesn't have crazy outlandish stat rolls that don't belong, it's fair game in my book.
No way to tell on trading. I did a lot of trades on 360 before transferring over to Xbone stack of 500 mats all look the same. Don't think it makes me not legit. I don't mod or dupe, but that doesn't mean I can't be duped...
im still a bit new with the public playing of d3 and ive been wondering why the paragon lvl got jacked up to 1k ish when i was originally in the 190's. >.< now my lvl feels like im going to a club with a roll of sock in my pants lol! ;)
09/25/2015 11:27 AMPosted by CHawk015
I don't know if we can actually convince Blizzard to address this, but if enough of us legit console players suggest it, maybe they will. Otherwise, another reason to steer clear of public games.

This is already adressed and i think there is better solution than remove it completely. When you have legit friends the shared xp is usefull.

See http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18704978062?page=1