Grift Overhaul Fishing, Tilesets, Competition (fix)

General Discussion
Proposition #1: (reformatting the current method)
  • Slider to select tilesets in grift level menu.
  • Display in leaderboards tileset completed on.
  • After a season ends and a tileset is not as efficient as the highest completed. Add density/pylons to those tilesets.
  • Create a reason for people to play all tilesets. Portraits for reaching a said level for a specific tileset. As well slightly unachievable achievements such as Solo a 75 grift on tileset a, b, c or d. This should be another way to improve the tilesets based on how many people can get the achievements.
  • Rift guardian may have to be specific to a tileset

In the end people should be able to pick favorite tileset while having an equal chance at competing. Overall conclusion. Less RNG based grift luck as well a solution to balancing rifts across the board. If proposition one is redundant then I propose for a more competitive natured leaderboard proposition two.

Proposition #2: (complete overhaul)
  • Make all ranked grifts the same based on difficulty 0-9 10-19 30-39 etc.
  • Same tileset.
  • Same mobs.
  • Same density.
  • Same layout.
  • Same guardian.
  • No pylons.
  • No xp.
  • No immunity.
  • Normal rifts are scrapped, current grift system takes there place and allows item drops.

ShadowHunter: Idea that I feel would fit is keep the random Grifts (maybe scrap reg rifts in there place) that we have now and add another tier for leaderboard Grifts. As well since all rifts wouldn't be randomized immunity would be a problem. Xp being taken out of them would be a great thing as well and wouldn't kill the xp farmer if you drop regular rifts and make the current pick your Grift the standard and allow items to drop. Thinking about this loot still belongs in all aspects of the game.
I like this idea but ONLY under the following conditions:

1. We keep the current grifts exactly as they are except they do not count towards leaderboards.

2. These new grifts are the only way to get on the leaderboards.

3. All immunity effects are nullified, so if one level has say, all fire damage you can't cheese it with fire immunity.

4. These new grifts are ONLY for leaderboards/achievements, no xp or items are dropped at all from them.
10/10/2015 03:16 AMPosted by ShadowHunter
I like this idea but ONLY under the following conditions:

1. We keep the current grifts exactly as they are except they do not count towards leaderboards.

2. These new grifts are the only way to get on the leaderboards.

3. All immunity effects are nullified, so if one level has say, all fire damage you can't cheese it with fire immunity.

4. These new grifts are ONLY for leaderboards/achievements, no xp or items are dropped at all from them.

I can stand with all of these points. Good ideas if these rifts are integrated into the game.
Easiest fix has is to remove the need for density altogether. This can be done by the following:

Reduce the progression gained from killing white trash mobs to 25% of what it is now.

Increase the progression gained from killing rare / elite packs by say 300-400%.

This means density and map type are no longer a huge issue.

This also creates greater consistency and removes alot of the need for rift fishing.

I find it amusing that the GRIFT's currently are all about AoE down trash rather than killing elites/rare i.e the harder monster types.
10/10/2015 03:24 PMPosted by Apothus

I find it amusing that the GRIFT's currently are all about AoE down trash rather than killing elites/rare i.e the harder monster types.

Point valid. This is why I want to see the competitivity brought to leaderboards. The people that sink countless hours into the game will still most likely maintain the top yet at the same time someone who plays hard can make it.
Bump for more discussion !
<sarcasm>
These ideas make way too much sense. Blizzard will never do any of that!
</sarcasm>

:)
Proposition #1: (reformatting the current method)
. . Rift guardian may have to be specific to a tileset[/li][/ul]

[/quote]

Just this alone would make this game even more lame. Since all you are doing now is exactly what blizzard is doing. Forcing people to play specific builds as they know what RG will spawn in each tileset. So the game play will be like this - pick the easiest tileset with fair mob progression equip cube with elemental affinity for the rg and keep spamming it, get billions of EXP. Make groups fully optimized for that tileset keep spamming it. Get insane paragon levels go to other tileset face roll everything. Earn achievements QQ about how this game is so borring. Botter see this and update their programs to run this tilesets forever and forever. Blizzard notices this seasons ends they remove tilesets and back to square 1. GG GG !!!!

Preposition 2:
too much developement cost.
Ignore right of the bat.