Some newbie questions

New Player Help
I played this game 2 years ago.

Just leveled a new Wizard to level 66. Some questions.

1. What does Blood Shards do? I have 400 out of 500.

2. How do I get those Legendary Gems and how do I level them?

3. The Mystic can transform a weapon to another weapon. Is it just for looks? I saw a selection of weapon looks.
1. Blood shards can be spent at kadala to gamble for items. She is wearing gray and standing in town. I'd recommend waiting on those shards until you get to level 70 by the way as level 70 items are way better. Also, you can increase the maximum amount of bloodshards you can carry by completing solo greater rifts

2. You get legendary gems by completing greater rifts.

3. You can transmog items to look like others but it does not change their properties. You can also have the mystic reroll one primary or secondary property on any item
10/19/2015 03:15 PMPosted by ElectricMonk
1. Blood shards can be spent at kadala to gamble for items. She is wearing gray and standing in town. I'd recommend waiting on those shards until you get to level 70 by the way as level 70 items are way better. Also, you can increase the maximum amount of bloodshards you can carry by completing solo greater rifts

2. You get legendary gems by completing greater rifts.

3. You can transmog items to look like others but it does not change their properties. You can also have the mystic reroll one primary or secondary property on any item

Thank you kindly!!!

So the Gems, are they random drops from the Rift bosses? I have done one Rift so far but it's not Greater Rift because it requires level 70.

What other important new things I should know? lol I stopped playing before Expansion.

I am trying to come up an Arcane hydra build and I really need that Serpent's Sparker. Is it a random drop or Craft item?

Also, I've seen Mirrorball on Wizards that run Greater Rift but that item is only level 31? Isn't that very weak?
Legendary Gems are only dropped by the Rift Guardians in Greater Rift

Serpent Sparker is a random drop. Not crafted.

The Required Level shown in the Game Guide is the minimum level that something can become available as a random drop and the stats shown are for a min. level item and are scaled up for higher levels. Those level 70 wizards are using a level 70 mirror ball and it will have great stats.
Oh awesome. Thanks!
By the which type of items are best for gambling ?
Where do I get Great Rift Key stone? lol
Blood Shards are spent at Kadala after you hit lvl. 70. she has a chance to drop legendary and set items when you spend BSs on her stuff
Killing regular rift guardians. Anything under Torment 1 has a 50% G. rift keystone drop. the drop rates get higher the harder level rifts that you do.
Ok. Thanks.
Is it still good to do the Bounty after lvl 70? Or all we do is Greater Rift?
you just do bounties if you like to do them or to use the cube and need specific bag items...

you gear up in rifts and with the cube...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3gpqui/commonly_asked_questions/
Sorry another stupid question.

Where do I get that Kanai Cube?
10/20/2015 01:33 PMPosted by Jibikao
Sorry another stupid question.

Where do I get that Kanai Cube?

Act 3, top right corner of the map. Ruins of Sescheron.

You have to be in adventure mode to get the map location.
How do I change Torment level ? I am still at One. I went to difficult setting but there is no other selections?
Where do I get recipe to craft even higher level Gems that gives +280 core stats? I only have +100.
Recipe drop from completed act bounty caches. Higher torments are on the next 2 pages. Starting at normal you should see a mural in the background of the difficulty levels. The mural is 3 pages wide.
A lot of good advice for new or returning players in this thread. Here's my 2 cents on the subject. If you haven't been doing bounties already then you'll want to do those as well. Completing a full set of bounties in an Act will reward you with a Horadric Cache (2 of them if you stick to the bonus Act). A Horadric Cache will have items and unique crafting materials that are used for a variety of important things. Good luck out there!
Gotta love the D3 community ! So supportive :)

One of the best communities imho.
10/24/2015 08:52 PMPosted by Hasloa
Gotta love the D3 community ! So supportive :)

One of the best communities imho.

lol. So cute.