Leaderboards/fishing suggestion

General Discussion
Ok, there's a lot of threads about fishing and how everyone hates it so here's my suggestion.

If you fail a grift 90% of the time becuase it's too hard/ no density/ whatever your excuse is, your at a level beyond your skill/gear level. Period.

If I try 3,000 times to make a full court hook shot and make it in one time I'm not getting signed to play with the Lakers.

In order to qualify for a leaderboard position you must meet 2 simple criteria:

1. You must beat that grift level at least 10 times.

2. Your success ratio for said grift must be at least 60%

So if you wanna fish for 4 hours to find an easy grift, go ahead, no one is stopping you, but a one out of 1,000 win really doesn't mean anything.

What's everyone's opinion on this? Discuss both sides of why it's good or bad, constructive posts welcome!
Anyone have an opinion on this?
One bump and then I'll let it go...
Another try since this topic has come up again
10/09/2015 08:00 PMPosted by ShadowHunter
If you fail a grift 90% of the time becuase it's too hard/ no density/ whatever your excuse is, your at a level beyond your skill/gear level.

I agree with you.

If I try 3,000 times to make a full court hook shot and make it in one time I'm not getting signed to play with the Lakers.

It is clear as water.

About your suggestion: it is interesting.
What happens if you fail with less than 60% completion rate?

What happens if you gear up more, or went from paragon 1000 to paragon 2000 and blast through the old grifts you didn't complete before?

Is the leaderboard position determine average time completion and/or number of times completed?
@ rogue4ever:

If you complete a grift, your best time on that level is recorded, so if you have a 60% (successful) completion ratio then your best time is added to the leaderboard.

So if you tried to pass a grift 40 times and failed (i.e fished that grift 40 times) you would have to successfully complete it 60 times to qualify for a leaderboard position.

The leaderboards would change drastically and we would see consistent numbers, it may not change who is on them, but at least it would be a more accurate grift completion level.

So your times would be recorded always but only reflect on the leaderboard when you at a 60% ratio or higher.
I'am official dumber for reading what is right up their with the dumbest post ever.
@xXSoonXx

So it's dumb to have to be successful only 60% of the time?

Why don't you go to a surgeon who only has a 60% success rate?

Accomplishing something once isn't an achievement, it's a fluke.
I'm all for ideas that make the leaderboards less appealing. In fact, just remove them entirely.
This is just delaying the inevitable..so people have to fish 10 times as much to achieve a similar effect
In order to qualify for a leaderboard position you must meet 2 simple criteria:1. You must beat that grift level at least 10 times.2. Your success ratio for said grift must be at least 60%

I think a average of your 10 best grifts will be the better choice.
For fishing 10 perfect rifts u need lightyears.
I think in order for something like what you are suggesting to be used, then rifts are going to need to be less RNG. You can't really compare 10 rift completions with completely different mobs, density and tile sets to judge someones skill.

Requiring any amount of rifts in order to get on the leader board still has the RNG aspect involved.

Take for example, two players of equal gear, paragon, skill.

Player 1 does 10 greater rifts in a row, of those 10 he got 4 really amazing rifts, 6 horrible rifts (low density, dead end maps, or horrible mob types.) That means he only completed 40% of those rifts because RNG screwed him.

Player 2 does 10 greater rifts in a row, of those 10 he got 9 really amazing rifts.

So two players of equal skill, gear, etc. did the same exact thing (10 rifts) and only one of them gets to be on the leader board because of RNG.

I don't really thing that will fix anything. Because at that point you are just fishing again for more then 1 good rift in a row.
^^ Nevertheless, any mechanism to disallow a player fishing forever for that one perfect GRift, completing it, and getting a top spot that is unassailable on the Leaderboard, is a better mechanism than we have now.

The Leaderboards need an enema.
If every rift was the same then your suggestion would work. But theyre not and thats why people fish. Because rifts are so damn random with map layout, mob type, mob density, rg, ect ect. Using your hook shot as an example, if it was the same as d3 you would be placed at a different spot on the court for each attempt . EX:
attempt 1 youre placed at half court
attempt 2 youre placed at the free throw line
attempt 3 youre placed at the three point line
attempt 4 youre placed 3 feet from the basket
10/30/2015 11:58 AMPosted by StoneOld
Nevertheless, any mechanism to disallow a player fishing forever for that one perfect GRift, completing it, and getting a top spot that is unassailable on the Leaderboard, is a better mechanism than we have now

I agree

With the one perfekt you clear a grift 5+ higher than you usually (average) could.
Everyone can still fish to their hearts content, but every time you open a rift and don't complete it, it's a failed rift.

It's the same basic scoring system we have in just about everything in life: 60% is a D-

For example, you can faceroll grift 35 all day long in your sleep, so obviously no matter what the density/layout whatever you will get 100%

As it gets higher you can only beat certain specific maps.

Which means it's too high for you.

If anyone takes a college exam and gets one question on the test right no matter how "epic" their answer was, they are not making the deans list, go back and study and try again.

The great thing about this is it won't change anything about how you choose to play, it will just give a more accurate representation of everyone's relative power.
If i shoot 55% lakers will sign me, they are bad
In case of this Suggestion:

If u have 55% u are not good enough the grift u have chosen, so run lower grifts
This game is about play time not skill. I'm with you there but your request probably will never be fulfilled.