What if GR wasn't random?

General Discussion
Do you feel it would improve on the balancing and reduce the requirement of fishing?

I was thinking was having a separate leaderboard for each dungeon and you get to choose which dungeon to tackle.

The monster type, elites, affix, density will be determine by the GR level, but each GR level with have it's own and consistent monster, elites and density.

This will alleviate the luck involves in fishing and improve on the spirit of a "competitive" game that the developer tries to make diablo 3 to be.
So.... have a fixed build, gear, path and strategy to each level? Which 99% of the population will just Youtube a guide for anyway to get min specs and best strategy?

What happens after you finish the level btw?
10/18/2015 07:56 AMPosted by Wilson
So.... have a fixed build, gear, path and strategy to each level? Which 99% of the population will just Youtube a guide for anyway to get min specs and best strategy?

What happens after you finish the level btw?

thats how it works today too. the thing is you have to restart the game like 200 times until you found a rift with good density, layout, boss, pylon, eliteaffixes
I would rather GR be random. I would hate to see the same thing over and over.

It makes it hard to rank, but majority of the players don't even rank. (Not enough slots to get a ranking)
10/18/2015 08:35 AMPosted by Eternity
I would rather GR be random. I would hate to see the same thing over and over.

It makes it hard to rank, but majority of the players don't even rank. (Not enough slots to get a ranking)

My suggestion was only regarding to GR, normal rifts and rest of the game will still be random. It's just the same game without the fishing. You wouldn't be seeing the samething since you'll get to choose your own dungeons and levels.

Further more, the leaderboard will have more meaning and context. Beating a specific GR level of a dungeon, people will know exactly what you went through, the monsters and RG you had to beat. Beating a GR now doesn't really mean anything, it's too random, too much variables, too much fishing.

I'm not saying the current GR doesn't work, I'm just saying it doesn't really make sense with a leaderboard. It's like having a leaderboard for a racing game that throws random tracks on you.
If anything they should be MORE random. Right now each floor has a specific set of monsters and density. S so the second I open a GR with wasps, for example, I know it's going to be a major PITA. Or if there's hardly any packs of enemies the first 10-20 seconds I know it's going to be pretty empty and a waste of time.

The randomness in GRs sucks at the moment, which is why everyone pushing the leaderboards fishes for that "perfect" rift. If everything was TRULY randomized we wouldn't have a problem.
- no more pylons
- always the same monster densitiy

Would be enough, everything else could stay random. But these both realy suck.
well lets say botters will hit 90+ in short period of time

but what if, from some PL /lets say pl900+ /will start brutal drop of good GR find /aka fhising/ with amount of trying, so botters will go out here ....
You want this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWZmt6UDCU
People already fish for similar Rift layouts anyways. It would just make it simpler. Much less time consuming.

I am not sure this would make it more fun, though. Probably the opposite would be true.
less random would be awesome. still a bit of randomness is good but at least take out those terrible low density cave levels..