Why are so many people....

General Discussion
...upset over a letter. Topic after topic saying "ban this, ban that, and ban the other thing".

Okay, okay, I get it. Anyone that asks for bans of botters and uses TurboHud is a hypocrite and should keep their mouth shut.

Yeah, that makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Oh no...that's not it?

Well then it must be....

The old forum stand by of "Don't tell others what to do!!!"

Someone wants the EULA enforced but we can't ask for it to be because "Don't tell me what to do, bro!!!"

Yeah, that's better....

No? That's not it either?

Okay, then it's just a "Let the game go to hell, bro! We don't like it anyway. Better to let a machine play than just stop playing because.....well....reasons"

Whatever it is, I'd like a clean game. If it takes cheaters asking for other cheaters to be banned to get a discussion started about what to do with botters....Then I can accept that. At least someone showed some gumption and wrote a post sincerely asking for some cheaters to be banned.

Hell, a couple of months ago there was thread after thread about "Ban TurboHud users". I mean the whole front page of this forum was full of 'em.

Same stupid sh-- happened though. Folks either made sarcastic threads or filled them with junk arguments just like these... "well you drink Mountain Dew/Redbull/Southern Hospitality's (good stuff lol)", so ban you too"

It's the same stupid sh--------t!

It's Hocus Pocus!

Don't pay attention to this! Pay attention to that instead so I can continue with what I'm doing!

"Discredit them because I don't have any credibility"

Takes this from the bottom of my frickin' heart....

Shut The Hell Up!

Botters need to go! That's the frickin' message we should be sending. Not, "Yes botters are bad but we shouldn't do anything about it because the people that got this discussion started may or may not cheat in some other form so let's just not do anything."

Frickin' unbelievable!
I'm not sure you just added anything of value to the discussion there...
It's because a large number of the legitimate players have already left until the end of the season. Not saying there's nothing but cheaters left, but a fairly large percentage of the currently active players are using third party software. The legitimate players had their fun at the start of the season, and will come back for the end of the season.

If history has taught us anything, there will be a ban wave before the end of the season allowing a bit more competition before the end. In the mean time (late season), it's a lot of people running third party programs, and a few legitimate players dropping in from time to time. If we want to fight third party programs, we need to do so when the largest number of legitimate players are active (close of season / start of following season).
10/18/2015 05:05 PMPosted by Headsoup
I'm not sure you just added anything of value to the discussion there...

I think I might have. Perhaps it gets missed but the message is right on. It's all Hocus Pocus. It's exactly what I say it is. Two sides arguing over semantics. "This is bad. That's bad. But let's not do anything about the first because nothing has been done about the other." Hocus Frickin' Pocus.
10/18/2015 05:08 PMPosted by BlindJustice
It's because a large number of the legitimate players have already left until the end of the season. Not saying there's nothing but cheaters left, but a fairly large percentage of the currently active players are using third party software. The legitimate players had their fun at the start of the season, and will come back for the end of the season.

If history has taught us anything, there will be a ban wave before the end of the season allowing a bit more competition before the end. In the mean time (late season), it's a lot of people running third party programs, and a few legitimate players dropping in from time to time. If we want to fight third party programs, we need to do so when the largest number of legitimate players are active (close of season / start of following season).

So true, I can't believe it. lol

Seriously though, right on, bro. I guess it's a waiting game.
10/18/2015 05:00 PMPosted by Idolis
Don't pay attention to this!

OK.
BAN THE BOTTERS!!!!
Botters don't care if they get ban. It comes with the territory. Ain't no botter going to cry over a ban account. It's the people who care about botters getting all *!@!@%#%% hurt.
It is hypocrisy at work really.

Reality is that the MAJORITY of players are non-legit (define it however you want), and this extends to the streamers as well. Blizzard is not going to inflict a self-kill on a game already ebbing in popularity and sales.

Like it or not, the rest of the community OWE it to botters to keep the game alive.
10/18/2015 07:31 PMPosted by prusswan

Reality is that the MAJORITY of players are non-legit (define it however you want), and this extends to the streamers as well. Blizzard is not going to inflict a self-kill on a game already ebbing in popularity and sales.

Like it or not, the rest of the community OWE it to botters to keep the game alive.

botters dosen keep the game alive. they kill it. Rather than playing rifts to farm for keys with friends, they bot keys overnight. This means legit players like me will have more difficulty finding a party to farm keys. In addition, botters bot in grifts. This also means legit players like me will have trouble finding someone to grift with, because the majority of people are afk from botting. Botters don't play with other players.

If they didn't bot, maybe they'd rift and grift and find a party to do it in. Then, parties will be formed more easily and there will be less people quitting because they can't find people to party with. This is how botting affects us and makes the game dead.

If we really owe the game to botters, wouldn't blizz create an AI's that bot?
10/18/2015 07:31 PMPosted by prusswan

If the only games being played is by botters then the game is dead because no one is playing it, and what is the point of keeping D3 current if only software is playing the game.
Dunno but I wish offline was available for solo play so the spam would stop.