Why did you take away gem upgrades from failed grifts?

General Discussion
80-90% of grifts are trash density. More fishing, no chance for upgrade if you know you fail --- so it'll make you quit the game mid-grift multiple, multiple times if you just happen to get behind so you know you won't finish -- so you must do more rifts to makeup for it. I think failing should be at least 1% chance to upgrade, same as it was in 2.2 for gems that are much higher than the grift level you're doing, with a max at 15 higher.
10/14/2015 07:56 PMPosted by snpKILLSU2
Why do people think they should be rewarded for failure?

Just asking.

this you fail the rift you are not rewarded. Blizzard still rewards the failure by dropping loot though but people still crying lol When I read your comment I was thinking to myself how silly OP sounds.

yeah I failed sir I lost 10, 000,000 of company money, but you better give me my reward for a tleast trying
I guess it makes sense that you do not get a gem upgrade any more.

Greater Rift is the most rewarding mode in the game. This does not even count the Gems. It is truly a shame that it is also the most boring and watered-down mode. I think fewer of these threads would pop up if they could find a way to make runs, even failed ones, a lot more fun*.

*Edit: I do not consider copious amounts of RNG adds to the fun. There are other ways to go about it.
If you fail, no reward/s.

If you do not like it, then just farm rifts that you can easily finish to gain additional levels. Then try again.

as one poster said, beating the grift makes you eligible to the next tier but does not mean that you can finish it.
10/15/2015 03:46 PMPosted by Alavit
10/15/2015 02:01 PMPosted by Currilicious
I think having reduced rewards for people who pushed through a failed GR would be a good idea.

At least, some consolation for a badly populated GR since density can really make or break a run.

Perhaps only a single attempt at gem upgrades instead of three?

There is reduced rewards it's called all the loot off the RG. If you want gem upgrades you must complete it in time that is the reward for completing it.

I would agree if success/failure is solely dependent on how well you play.

But density is not within my control. From experience, it is like playing the lottery in getting decent mob density to complete a GR comfortably, assuming I'm not attempting a level I cannot handle.

In all the "failed" GRs, I spent too much time running in empty spaces crossing paths with groups of 4 every now and then. Dying not a single time.
Why get rewarded for failure?
10/14/2015 07:39 PMPosted by Zero187
10/14/2015 07:36 PMPosted by Electrance

.....30 minutes?

Sounds like you aren't ready.

Sounds like you don't understand how bad some grifts can be. I've beat some GR67 in about ~16minutes while others take about 30 minutes. Don't try and tell me I'm not ready lol

I do understand.....but I still can't remember the last time it took me 30 minutes to finish a rift.
http://i.imgur.com/rcdb6kl.jpg

lololol

eat it trolls
anyways, my point was it would be nice if there was a reward for pushing through bad grifts instead of me having to alt+f4 and waste a keystone. i dont know why you'd think that's a bad idea
Its a fool proof way of keeping casuals out of getting high level gems.

Trials where there to keep out undedicated players in the last patch. As you had to grind hard to get an opportunity to get high level gems, even if you failed the rift.

You still have to grind hard to get gem upgrades, as you need to complete the GR in time, meaning more GR fishing than before.

The game has always been a grind fest, and it will always be one.
10/18/2015 06:22 PMPosted by Jsachun
Its a fool proof way of keeping casuals out of getting high level gems.

Trials where there to keep out undedicated players in the last patch. As you had to grind hard to get an opportunity to get high level gems, even if you failed the rift.

You still have to grind hard to get gem upgrades, as you need to complete the GR in time, meaning more GR fishing than before.

The game has always been a grind fest, and it will always be one.

I hear ya, but it also means im not gonna get any gem upgrades if im trying to progress which takes dozens of failed rifts, unlike in 2.2 where i would always get a chance to upgrade. I just don't think it was a good change as it results in me alt+f4'ing instead of finishing the grift. I never alt+f4'ed back in 2.2. But hey, if that's how Blizzard wants this game to be played then I guess I should just keep my mouth shut.

The least they could do is add a button for "Abandon Grift".

And one more time for the doubters who said I shouldn't be attempting a GR67
(Electrance, Montus, Tigerwong, Sethanor, Zymurgeist, Shivera):
http://i.imgur.com/rcdb6kl.jpg
The "Abandon Rift" button is a good idea, but will probably also be liable to be exploited.

I don't agree that gem upgrades should be awarded or failed rifts though, the point of it being a "timed" challenge loses its meaning otherwise. (yea, I know it used to be the norm but I think the change is for the better).

Grats on the 67 though!
Paragon 3 - New game by Blizzard.
Paragon is the answer to almost every problem in D3.
Paragon is love. paragon is life.
Hopefully they keep it as it is. Just ban those bot user and split off the chinese (coz they can buy boosts) from EU/NA/ASIAN leaderboards.
Maybe an expansion every 2-3 years. Consistent patches. RNG improvements.
Did I miss something?
profit. Well in 10 years we have D4.
why so many people reply to a troll post, obviously you can't let people open rift 999 and get gem level 1000 for failed rift which takes 2 hours to finish..derp
Fail the GRIFT get 3 5% chances, tops. If you can't beat it then you don't deserve a real pct.