How many people want gold trading in D3 back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
10/17/2015 08:15 PMPosted by Salzwer
10/17/2015 04:57 PMPosted by MeWhenum
Why is this so hard to understand?

A - You say something.
B - I reply proving that A is inaccurate giving FACTS.
C - You completely ignore the FACTS at B, just replying with baseless accusations and pretending like the part were I've proven you wrong doesn't exist.

So, first of all, if you want a civil discussion, let's follow the proper order, so please tell me...
1) Why did you mix trading and AH when they're 2 completely different things Diablo-wise.
2) What proofs do you have of me selling items.

Only then, I'll tell you why the 2 points of that post are wrong.

You're misconstruing what I said, but I also said it badly. The AH was income for a lot of people, not just gold spammers. People made money off of it just selling items legitimately. Obviously I have no evidence, it was just a poorly thought out jab because I was frustrated. Sorry.

The AH may not be equivalent to trade, but if there wasn't an AH but there was still trade, I can only imagine that there would spawn from that a third party site doing exactly that same thing. THAT is the main thing I was and am against. I don't like the idea of trade because I have bad memories of the behavior it caused. I want to play the game and not a marketing simulator.
The AH may not be equivalent to trade, but if there wasn't an AH but there was still trade, I can only imagine that there would spawn from that a third party site doing exactly that same thing. THAT is the main thing I was and am against. I don't like tbecause of trade because I have bad memories of the behavior it caused. I want to play the game and not a marketing simulator.

Ok, that's a fair point, and I agree that those early vanilla days are also my worst memories from the whole franchise.

The thing I'd want to avoid at any cost is the "remove X because of bots/cheats/etc". The way to fight that is improving the detection of cheaters or changing the implementation in order to make cheating harder, never axing the whole feature.

I'm afraid that we won't have cool new features "because of cheats". As an example, 2.3 has seen a dramatic raise of bots, so it's either a coincidence, or the reasons for that are the cool new features added in this patch:
Improved Ubers.
Improved Bounties.
Kanai's Cube.

I'd not want to lose them just because they are attractive (so they also attract bots).
10/18/2015 10:14 AMPosted by Salzwer
The AH may not be equivalent to trade, but if there wasn't an AH but there was still trade, I can only imagine that there would spawn from that a third party site doing exactly that same thing. THAT is the main thing I was and am against. I don't like tbecause of trade because I have bad memories of the behavior it caused. I want to play the game and not a marketing simulator.

Ok, that's a fair point, and I agree that those early vanilla days are also my worst memories from the whole franchise.

The thing I'd want to avoid at any cost is the "remove X because of bots/cheats/etc". The way to fight that is improving the detection of cheaters or changing the implementation in order to make cheating harder, never axing the whole feature.

I'm afraid that we won't have cool new features "because of cheats". As an example, 2.3 has seen a dramatic raise of bots, so it's either a coincidence, or the reasons for that are the cool new features added in this patch:
Improved Ubers.
Improved Bounties.
Kanai's Cube.

I'd not want to lose them just because they are attractive (so they also attract bots).

Right. I am totally against gimping legit players, exactly like you said. And I think we understand each other's points. I apologize for yesterday, I was being unnecessarily rude.
There is no need for gold anymore. You can get almost everything you need within the first 20 hours of playing your character. Trading gold was for getting items off the AH. Unless you want the AH back so you can buy and sell items, gold is useless. I have billions and don't use any of it. I can't imagine anyone wanting it without having the entire AH back with which to waste your gold on items. And since gold is so easy to accumulate, why would anyone want to buy it?

Trading personally between players in game.... maybe, but then since gold is so easy to accumulate, why would you need to? Gold trading is no longer needed. Period. It's a worthless commodity. DB's, on the other hand, I would love to get from people.
I would vote for Blizzard to keep the game the way it is. I don't want or need any kind of trading. I keep playing because I'm looking to get a certain weapon or piece of gear or to farm mats. Trying to bring gold trade back in the game is just another way for the Botters to eventually bring back all trade in the game. And once they got that, and botted the crap out of the game they would then complain that drop rates are too high in hopes of Blizzard nerfing the drop rate into the ground. Which would leave the botters in a sweet spot of of selling items at a grossly inflated price.
We went through this already and it hurt this game and Blizzards reputation in many ways.
I don't think Blizzard is eager to repeat that mistake.
10/16/2015 09:14 PMPosted by schwegs
This community will be the death of d3. Not that D3 was destined for longevity the way that d2 was, but this community axed and rejected an in game economy (trade), pvp (longevity that is fueled off the community) and financial incentive (MTs or the like) for the devs to continue major focus on the game. Then they wonder why we cant find the d3 timeblock and physical booth sections at blizzcon.

Lol.

I literally owned every item in game including glitch runewards/perm dupes. PVP was definitely addicting, but the games design wasn't significantly better.
10/18/2015 11:21 AMPosted by Kookymunster
We went through this already and it hurt this game and Blizzards reputation in many ways.

What hurt the game was the laundry list of poor design decisions. This game was created with trading as a design cornerstone and they failed catastrophically by designing a game that could not sustain an item hunt or item trade.

Plenty of games out there where trade works, including other blizzard titles. As everyone can see, bots are here with or without trade.
5 pages of arguing over something that doesn't exist in the game anymore...
10/18/2015 11:02 AMPosted by mysticrhino
gold is useless.

indeed. Given the rarity of gift, i guess that they would be the currency for trading, pretty much like ists were the d2 trading currency.
Such a bad Idea,

for so many reasons.
I don't care about trading gold.

What I would like is an auction house, like the gold AH we had, or like WoW.

Having the RMAH in this game was just a money grab by Blizzard, which ultimately led to a disparity in the amount of gold some players had vs others, and soured most players on any type of AH.
Sure... sell it.

Gold is worthless.

Its like 10bil/$3.69ZWD