Seriously? Not a single statement yet?

General Discussion
Seriously. Make a sound. Answer some random non game related question. Do something. Say something.

I don't know what the message is supposed to be but complete silence in the middle of the whole bot and assorted open letters drama kind of looks bad.

Thanks to the silence a lot of people are thinking Blizzard doesn't care about bots or that just can't do anything about them. I sure hope you can and will do something when you think the time it right (please!).

It's clear that something needs to be done but this is taking to long to not even get a comment on any topic. We know we can't demand anything but come on, can't you at the very least give us some sort of hope or at least an acknowledgement? We'd like to know what's happening even if can't get any details or specifics.
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I truly don't think Blizzard has much staff working on Diablo III other than a few weeks before and after new seasons launch. We're in limbo mode right now... mid-season.

With Blizzcon coming up and some big titles in the works they care less about D3 right now than ever before.
Why do Bots even matter? Serious question. Do they get an extra cookie or something?
lol, blizzcon is coming up, they got more important things to do than worry about this non revenue generating game.

you could probably count on two hands how many blizzard employees are working on diablo 3.
and they are probably too busy playing other games instead of working.
10/21/2015 10:58 AMPosted by Anstifter719
Why do Bots even matter? Serious question. Do they get an extra cookie or something?

What is the purpose of ladder seasons if those who bot gain such a tremendous advantage in ladder seasons from doing so?

Ya know, before we even get to the whole EULA violation thing...
The number of forum post about bots are starting to out number the botter themselves. Soon blizzard will have to start banning bot posters :P.

You can probably stop botters or limit them by monitoring mouse movements :). If the mouse not moving, then you know they are botting.
10/21/2015 10:55 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I truly don't think Blizzard has much staff working on Diablo III other than a few weeks before and after new seasons launch. We're in limbo mode right now... mid-season.

With Blizzcon coming up and some big titles in the works they care less about D3 right now than ever before.

No clue why people gave you a neg-vote when I feel that all you said was just the truth. Do people really believe they have like now clue 50 people working on D3 right now?
10/21/2015 11:02 AMPosted by darkvoid
You can probably stop botters or limit them by monitoring mouse movements :). If the mouse not moving, then you know they are botting.

You have no clue what you're talking about.
10/21/2015 10:50 AMPosted by Razaele
Seriously. Make a sound. Answer some random non game related question. Do something. Say something.

Why? What would be the point?

Here you go, as this was posted in Feb and still applies.

02/09/2015 01:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
As we move forward to future seasons and eras, we'll be continuing to monitor for such behavior and take appropriate action, though we may not always message when such ban waves occur.
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I truly don't think Blizzard has much staff working on Diablo III
There is nothing at all that they can, or will, say that will not result in backlash from the community. No matter what they do, or even if they do nothing, they're screwed from a PR standpoint. They probably are avoiding posting anything at all in the hope that this disappears and people forget about it, because as soon as they post somewhere else, people will jump all over them and ask why they haven't responded to the letter. It's a no-win situation for them, and I can't say I blame them for trying to just ride out the storm.

Yes i do think the same..and it really looks like that.

Im sad i was always a big fan of Diablo..but this is honestly a bad joke!!
I guess I might care about bots more if I was trying to be competative in the ladders. I get that it's an unfair advantage and that it violates the EULA, but I don't have the energy to waste nor the faith that botting will ever be stopped.

My friend botted for two years solid in WOW before being caught up in a ban wave. And that only happened because he made a guildie mad and they told on him. Funny thing is that they got banned as well.

I just don't understand why it is so upsetting that the bots are out there. There is no money rewarded to the top person each season. I guess I don't understand why someone would want to be at the top. It's really pointless at the end of the day.
10/21/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Anstifter719
I just don't understand why it is so upsetting that the bots are out there. There is no money rewarded to the top person each season. I guess I don't understand why someone would want to be at the top. It's really pointless at the end of the day.

It looks good on their botting resume. When third party stores need to farm gold, they can see how long these people botted and hire them. :P.

I don't know what the message is supposed to be but complete silence in the middle of the whole bot and assorted open letters drama kind of looks bad.

Blizzard has been looking bad for awhile on this front. Other game companies aren't any better; in FFXIV, a thread over 100 pages long regarding RMT (particularly wanting an easy click-to-report feature for chat spam) didn't garner a response from the development team, and that's a P2P title.

Until the gaming community begins to punish Blizzard with their wallets, in a manner which is clearly linked to their poor enforcement of their own rules, they aren't going to care. Anyone opposing bots should be clear to link Blizzard's inaction to future purchasing decisions. It doesn't need to be a boycott, and I would never suggest calling for one - but Blizzard needs to see evidence there's an effect on the bottom line before they'll care.

10/21/2015 01:00 PMPosted by Anstifter719

Many people enjoy having the feeling of a fair and clean gaming environment when they play online titles, whether there is competition or not. Personally, I'm one of them, and many other people playing Diablo 3 have similar positions.

It's one of the core appeals of games. It's why we wouldn't like a friend cheating at Monopoly, even if it's just a friendly competition. It's something that really can't be found elsewhere in society, where money, education, gender, race, and a host of other factors out of our control, dictate to a tremendous extent how successful we are in life.

It's not about tangible rewards. It's about the psychological effect.

Thanks to the silence a lot of people are thinking Blizzard doesn't care about bots or that just can't do anything about them. I sure hope you can and will do something when you think the time it right (please!).

It's clear that something needs to be done but this is taking to long to not even get a comment on any topic. We know we can't demand anything but come on, can't you at the very least give us some sort of hope or at least an acknowledgement? We'd like to know what's happening even if can't get any details or specifics.

This is just my personal opinion. But my guess is that the public "open letter" signed by many of the same people who have been banned before, lost Blizzard privileges and/or have admitted to botting in the past pushed them over the edge. My guess is that they are disgusted and fed up with the hypocrisy of the player base and it's simply not worth their efforts or energy anymore.

After putting together an outstanding free patch with new content and the Cube, this is what they get? Yeah - if I were them I would wash my hands of this toxic community and concentrate all efforts on future revenue streams. Again, this is pure speculation on my part, and I am certainly projecting my own personal disgust here. I also know Blizzard would never admit any of this.

But if I were on the development team or a CM, I would devote a minor amount of time to D3 and Blizzcon and provide zero updates. I would also refuse to respond to open letters from previously banned players.
Blizzard has hardly ever posted in the D3 forums since probably some point mid D3 vanilla if not earlier. Don't expect it to change anytime soon.

There have been multiple highly rated forum posts and plenty of topics that get new threads posted on almost a daily basis about various issues that never receive any blue response. Just because a bunch of streamers sign their names doesn't mean it warrants any more attention than any of the other significant issues this game faces.

They never responded to massive amounts of feedback about their awful 6pc set + crutch legendary design approach in RoS which probably has harmed the game more than bots.

There only response to massive feedback about the lack of build diversity was essentially to say that underused skills are just not used because they don't have sets yet, indicating that we have zero hope of ever having baseline skill balance. The only skills that will ever function are ones with 6pc set + crutch legendary combos.

They never respond to the endless THUD debate threads.

They don't respond to... well 99% of the issues people talk about on the forums.

The best you will get is a generic response they will give to whoever asks them about bots at Blizzcon. They will essentially just re-state that they're against botting and continue to take steps blah blah blah.
10/21/2015 01:30 PMPosted by kcbandit
But if I were on the development team or a CM, I would devote a minor amount of time to D3 and Blizzcon and provide zero updates. I would also refuse to respond to open letters from previously banned players.

Not everyone who signed the letter on the forums had been previously banned; I'm willing to bet most weren't.

Regardless of the source, the letter helped to once again highlight a significant problem that the forums have been aware of for months and months. It's a problem that's exacerbated a great deal by the Seasonal leaderboards, and one Blizzard has done nothing about.

More to the point, Blizzard is creating their own problem here. The populace isn't asking for a 10-point plan. Nobody expects them to flip a switch and fix the problem. All Blizzard has to do, and indeed should be very inclined to do, is provide an update on the situation. Let us know they're aware of it, let us know they'll deliver a concrete update on the issue with Version 2.4 (albeit not necessarily have a mechanism in place yet), and keep us in the loop.

The development team might be adding content, but they're ignoring a huge (and growing) problem at the same time. The community's actions here aren't toxic - they're desperate. This is an item that needs to be addressed directly, even if nothing is ultimately done about the matter.
this is why i love the Marvel Heroes staff. theyre always getting back to the community on important issues or issues that the community demands feedback on