Game needs a gold sink

General Discussion
Billions and billions of gold, just growing and growing.
How about a vendor that sells crafting mats for gold? That would be nice.
Yes!
I got 23 bil of gold!
It is just a number now!
Yeah, including those cube mats, 1 bill for 50 mats for example.
Your suggestion will merely change meta-speed-farming from Sage DB farming to Gheed/Gold-find farming, trading one currency limiter for another. This solves nothing.

Might as well cut out the mat-middle man and bring back Wurt / Gheed to gamble away your gold.
I'd kill to have a vendor that sells breath. Quite possibly the only way I'll ever get a furnace is by rare upgrading.
Id be ok with being able to even use your in game virtual gold to be able to get like a D3 artwork with your character on it for your desktop etc. Or things like that......
Make the merchant sells items with "?" mark like in di2 and sell them @ 1-10 million a pop, with a very little chance of getting a legendary. It will be a good gold sink and won't break the mats farming system.
Beside we can all use more f souls.
10/21/2015 12:36 AMPosted by Wilson
Your suggestion will merely change meta-speed-farming from Sage DB farming to Gheed/Gold-find farming, trading one currency limiter for another. This solves nothing.

Might as well cut out the mat-middle man and bring back Wurt / Gheed to gamble away your gold.

Not really. What else would you want to spend your billions of gold on?
They don't need to put a gold sink in the game. It would be easier for them to reduce the amount of gold we get. But if they were to add a gold sink i would like it to be something like a character chest for each character we could buy just a small chest that would help keep things organized better. Or we could buy blood shards to gamble away. Or maybe a random vendor would appear that would sell crafting mats and inferno machines and dyes in limited quantity.
10/21/2015 12:29 AMPosted by ClickToWin
How about a vendor that sells crafting mats for gold?

What a refreshingly new idea that we haven't already heard a zillion times already.
10/21/2015 11:16 AMPosted by Greedo
10/21/2015 12:29 AMPosted by ClickToWin
How about a vendor that sells crafting mats for gold?

What a refreshingly new idea that we haven't already heard a zillion times already.

We used to be able to salvaged items from merchant --- aka gold for materials.

Blizzard nerfed it... Clearly, they like to make our lives miserable.
there should be a gold sink added into the game with patch 2.4 according to Blues
10/21/2015 11:29 AMPosted by chasa619
there should be a gold sink added into the game with patch 2.4 according to Blues

Where and when?
Welcome to Diablo 3 the incremental.
There is a gold sink. Try to reroll for perfection.
I recently spent 3 billion in half an hour. EZ PZ
10/21/2015 12:15 PMPosted by DarkSol
There is a gold sink. Try to reroll for perfection.
I recently spent 3 billion in half an hour. EZ PZ

Unless you're on reroll 6000, crafting mats are usually still the limiting factor.
10/21/2015 11:31 AMPosted by Offspec
10/21/2015 11:29 AMPosted by chasa619

Where and when?

Mentioned during the Dev Q&A last month....
Expect to hear more when Patch 2.4 details start coming out.

Any plans for gold sink?

Travis Day: We want gold to be a more valuable resource to players and have some designs in the works to this end in our next patch.

Wyatt Cheng: So the tricky thing about a gold sink is that we don't want to add a gold sink that causes people to feel like they need to drop everything to farm gold for hours on end. A good gold sink will pull gold from the economy without making you feel like you need to completely change what you're doing and spend hours upon hours doing it.
I don't want a gold sink. I don't want to have to worry about gold like I have to about DB's now.

I like that I can re-roll 100 times if I want without running out of gold.

If it needs to be reduced, remove gilded baron and vault, otherwise let me have oodles of gold so I'm not artificially restricted any further from playing the slot machines for gear...
You will just complain you don't have enough gold when you run out.
10/21/2015 02:51 PMPosted by Headsoup
I don't want a gold sink. I don't want to have to worry about gold like I have to about DB's now.

I like that I can re-roll 100 times if I want without running out of gold.

If it needs to be reduced, remove gilded baron and vault, otherwise let me have oodles of gold so I'm not artificially restricted any further from playing the slot machines for gear...

they agree with you, and thats something they are trying to work into the gold sink, so it feels natural, and not something you are going to be farming.