10/24/2015 01:31 PMPosted by clueso
Bots
lack of build & item diversity thanks to sets
solo exp vs group exp

10/24/2015 01:35 PMPosted by prusswan
Bots
Leaderboards that serve to promote botting
Paragon levels that serve to promote botting

That´s all the least problem this game has;)
lack of diversity

don´t like (g)rifts, would prefer choosing my runs

solo vs. group xp

@Deathwish so tell us, now you made us curious
Paragon 2.0
Brother Chris
Crybabies on forums
1) They don't care about cheating

2) They went through great lengths to make you play the game the way THEY expect you to play it (seasonal, 4 man groups, barb monk only)

3) They don't communicate with players at all
Laggy servers
Botting
Ghosts

I suspect the first two are basically the same problem.
10/24/2015 01:41 PMPosted by Hoellenfeuer
@Deathwish so tell us, now you made us curious

Head over to the bug forums
1) The devs seemingly don't understand this genre at all.

2) The D3 community is full of entitled whiners jumping from one bandwagon complaint to the next. First, it was the AH, then it was RNG, and now it's Bots/Paragon.

3) The WoWification of the game runs so deep the they'd have to conceptually build a entirely new game to truly make the game great.
No pvp
No real endgame competition mode (lol fishing)
Build diversity/useless legendaries
1. Botters
2. Thud
3. Lack of BANHAMMER DOOM from Blizz.
You guys are all pointing out symptoms.

Treat the cause: poor management decisions for the game from day 1.

Everything stems from that. A couple examples:

THUD = poor GUI customization options and graphical indications
Botting = poor paragon implementation thresholds
1. Blizzard.
2. Blizzard.
3. Blizzard.
Awesome! A brand new thread that's gonna be all about bots! Just what we need!
1. Whiney Casuals
2.more Whiney Casuals
3.at the End all Casuals BabyRage
10/24/2015 02:47 PMPosted by Mekkolb
Treat the cause: poor management decisions for the game from day 1.

We have a winner! I agree here. Mgt makes all the calls on game features, schedules, and even things like art assets and sound. If it costs money or earns money, Mgt makes the call.

The CMs certainly have nothing to do with what is going on either with game decisions or the decisions on banning. They just get beat up on the forums for being social media folks.

The Devs have some say in game decisions, but I doubt that the AH was their idea, at least not totally. I am sure mgt saw $$. There are some things in their control like game balance, but others are not.

While they have been banning for exploits and for botting, the botting bans have been smallish and not public. I have expressed my concerns to those I can talk to - CMs, they agree but while they won't come out and say it, I know that the communication decisions on it are out of their hands. They can only tell me that they can't comment. It is corporate. Same goes for the response to the letter. Further, the hacks team supports all the games and like most teams resources are limited. They have been wielding ban sticks quite well across games...and I think eventually the bots are going to see it in D3. I just don't know when. It won't be single players though, it will be a group. However, some other things require...more resources and upper mgt needs to decide if they will deal with it. Keep in mind some of their games record everything in real time, others like D3 don't. They just save snapshots of the account which makes for more of a challenge without the logs that say, WoW, has. Will they commit those resources? Mgt decision there.

I feel that if they want to go forward with this whole eSports Division and push that aspect of Blizzard (just look at them announcing the new division and CEO right before Blizzcon...a Blizzcon that heavily focuses on eSports) they need to also focus on INTEGRITY of all their games. Not just the ones they hope to make into eSports. Company rep is important. Protect it. Don't be seen as an eSports promoter that allows cheating!

Why do I mention eSports? Because the senior mgt cares about that. We care about our game...but it is not always about what we care for. It is about what the managers care about...

Note - I don't work for Blizzard and have not talked to the managers. I am going off what I see publicly and what I can piece together. I am not providing inside information so, sorry, my thoughts are really mostly my own!
Bots are a very serious issue with this game (one that Blizzard apparently cares nothing about...), but the real answer is LAG.

I've already quit this season a month ago due to it (WD...) and it's only going to get worse with each new patch. I don't even know how anyone is going to be able to play in season 5 unless the issue is fixed. And I don't think they're capable of fixing it without an expansion that apparently isn't coming.

The only real problem with TurbhoHud is the map feature tbh (though this is obviously a big one). Everything else should already be included in the game.
1. Ghosts
2. Ghosts
3. Ghosts
10/24/2015 03:15 PMPosted by PlanckEnergy
I've already quit this season a month ago due to it (WD...) and it's only going to get worse with each new patch. I don't even know how anyone is going to be able to play in season 5 unless the issue is fixed. And I don't think they're capable of fixing it without an expansion that apparently isn't coming.

It's actually getting worse without any new features being added to the game. Doing a grift 55 solo with a Del Rasha build earlier I was rubber banding constantly, getting random multiple second delays and ping spikes of at least several hundred ms.
Activision
Blizzard
Developers