Corrupted Ashbringer (the best in existance?)

Items and Crafting
I may have found the most perfect Ancient Corrupted Ashbringer in existence! Is there a decent build for it? You can check it out on my profile. My toon KRUNK is holding it.
While the damage is impressive, there really aren't any high-end barb builds built around Ashbringer.
WW Barbs usually use the IK weapon (for 5 wastes/3 IK build) or the BK sword set. HOTA barbs use the Gavel of Judgement exclusively (usually with furnace in cube).

You might want to try it out on a crusader.

EDIT: Dude you do know about gifting weapons for the socket right? LOL this is not D3V
It's decent with an IK build because the proc is multiplied by your %damage increase, but otherwise, it's kinda bad. The fact that you need kills to activate it (as opposed to, say, hits) makes it significantly less useful, except as a farming tool.
10/26/2015 06:24 PMPosted by BRSANGUINE
10/26/2015 06:19 PMPosted by KingCobra
EDIT: Dude you do know about gifting weapons for the socket right? LOL this is not D3V

I do, I got 3 gifts waiting to be used. my point is, the PERFECT drop doesn't need to be gifted as it should already be socketed.

otherwise it's not perfect, ya dig?

what? you can get 10% damage or attackspeed or whatever instead and then add a socket.

I do, I got 3 gifts waiting to be used. my point is, the PERFECT drop doesn't need to be gifted as it should already be socketed.

Hmmmm, so you think that a weapon with 3 primary mods with a socket is better than 4 primary mods and a socket? Hmmmm, very interesting. I'm going to have to not think about that anymore. It makes my IQ go down to realize there is someone in the world with so little mental prowess.

I dig, just not your thinking process.

I think your wrong because if it rolled with a socket you would have 1 less attribute on it for the socket, instead of having a socket on top of all attributes. Which attribute do you remove from the primary area to add the socket to make it perfect?
10/26/2015 06:34 PMPosted by BRSANGUINE
10/26/2015 06:31 PMPosted by Jostef
Hmmmm, so you think that a weapon with 3 primary mods with a socket is better than 4 primary mods and a socket? Hmmmm, very interesting. I'm going to have to not think about that anymore. It makes my IQ go down to realize there is someone in the world with so little mental prowess.

I dig, just not your thinking process.

it depends on the primary mods. sometimes you get 3, others you get 4. now if you got gifts to spare, an existing socket is no priority. but if you don't..........

The equation of calculating the nearest perfect weapon between one with a socket and one without a socket has nothing to do with ones inventory of rama gifts. It assumes there will be one because statistics indicate that given enough time, the owner of the perfect weapon will eventually get one.

Also, spawning with or without a socket is not even an argument. You're going to have the same number of primary affixes, since a socket comes on a primary slot. If it doesn't drop with a socket, you can roll a socket, but you have one less primary. So, if you're going to detract from a weapon for not having a socket, you're going to have to detract from a weapon for rolling a socket, but more for having the socket, because if you have a socket, and you have a gift, you're forced into rolling off the socket instead of having the choice of any of the 3 or 4 other affixes in order to use the gift.

Your statement is false. Just give up trying to be right, you won't accomplish it.
Its pretty obvious you do not want weapons to drop with a socket since the advent of Gifts. Only time you want a weapon to drop with a socket is if you don't have any Gifts on you.

That socket slot could have been rolled for average damage to increase weapon dps if it dropped with max % damage and IAS, for maximum dps.

Edit: Nice find OP, that is the highest dps 2H I have seen.
I gifted it and rolled a low resource reduction to attack speed. My question wasn't really how I rolled it. I was if anyone has seen a better one and what can I use it for?
The legendary affix has a range of 5000% - 6000%

I don't think we will ever see an ancient with perfect 6000%
10/26/2015 07:13 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Its pretty obvious you do not want weapons to drop with a socket since the advent of Gifts. Only time you want a weapon to drop with a socket is if you don't have any Gifts on you.

+1

This has been the mentality for quite a few patches already.

Ideally, you'd want the highest damage range possible, +10% damage, the right main stat and then it wouldn't matter what the last of the usual 4 primary stats is... could be a socket, but in most cases, people will want to roll something else there and gift. LoH, CDR, IAS, Vit, etc are all contenders depending on the class and build.

I got 3 gifts waiting to be used. my point is, the PERFECT drop doesn't need to be gifted as it should already be socketed.

You either don't play much (given no heroes exist on your account when I click on profile) or you use gifts unnecessarily. I'm currently sitting on 31 myself.

OP congrats on the awesome sword! Good to use on a Crusader too.
Don't let the haters get you down, that thing is glorious.
10/26/2015 06:18 PMPosted by BRSANGUINE
didn't spawn with a socket, did it?

so.........NO. not the most perfect in existence.

Wow... lulz.

Clearly post count does not equate to intelligence. Best keep your trap shut lest ye be thought a fool... oh wait...
10/26/2015 06:14 PMPosted by Geoffrey
My toon KRUNK is holding it.

What's a toon?
A goofy WoW term for "character"
awesome weap