Idea for more stash space

General Discussion
So maybe this has already been thought of but here's my idea. I have a demon hunter and I have multiple sets of gear that I like to use, specifically a UE set, Nats set and general farming set. I either have to put these separate sets of gear on different demon hunters I've created for each build/set or I just take each piece of gear off of my current demon hunter and switch them out with the gear I have in my stash. My idea is to instead create different "equip" tabs in my inventory menu that allow me to switch between sets of gear by just clicking these tabs. SO, lets say I have 3 "equip" tabs each with one of the sets I mentioned above. Lets say I just finished a GR and want to go do some DB farming. I go into my inventory and click a tab to change ALL my gear at once to my speed farming gear. This would allow me to keep one demon hunter for all my builds/gear sets so I wouldn't have to switch characters or switch all my gear out with what's in my stash. I think this would save a lot of space in my stash while making me want to farm for more gear to complete more sets. This would also make me want to try out more and more combos of gear. We could make the tabs cost gold as well, probably more than stash tabs. I do think 3 is a good number of tabs though.

Cons:
1.This might cause people to have to create more characters for more gems. So if you want 3 of the same gem for all your sets of gear on one character you would have to create a new character in order to get another gem of that type. A fix to this might be to make gems act/quest specific, and then let the gems stack only to a specific amount (Maybe 10?)

2. Another con might be that even though we can change gear all at once we can't change skills and paragon points the same way, which would still have to be done manually.

3. Last con is that this might be difficult from a programming standpoint that I don't understand.

Let me know what you guys think and whether or not you think this might be viable. Also, if anyone has an idea to incorporate skill/paragon "equips" into these please let me know.
This has been hashed out. Devs wont do this cause they do not want the gear to be switched in an instant for various reasons.

Find an elite mob that you cant fight with current gear, click a button to switch it up.
Town or not, would make it too easy. People would exploit this to its fullest, not for different builds, but for different affixes that they could encounter, Rift guardian included.
have three legendary immunity on necklaces; one for posion, arcane and cold !!! basically you become a god. Other than you're already near there with current metas. Though i agree with the inconveniences of having to switch out sets, gems and paragon this is something most likely wont happen.
10/30/2015 01:56 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Find an elite mob that you cant fight with current gear, click a button to switch it up.
Town or not, would make it too easy. People would exploit this to its fullest, not for different builds, but for different affixes that they could encounter, Rift guardian included.

I don't mind if they could allow us one click to swap all gear and gem outside of the game and party. That still saves us time swapping all skills/runes, and gems manually.

On second thoughts, your gear and skills already locked when a greater rift is open. So that issue is irrelevant.
10/30/2015 01:56 PMPosted by kwittstruck

You can't change gear in GRifts.
I like this idea. Saves a lot of trouble and time.

+1 OP.
Next patch will come with new stash/ item config.
Like everybody has an UE set for dh with multi shot or elemental arrow from last patch or any other skills on boots, helmet, shoulder or any armor items.
Next patch we can cube those skill dmg so we don't need multiple pieces of 1 set.

Blizzard are so smart.
And nobody thought of this item solution.

And we can also cube elemental dmg for bracer, amu and other items so we don't need lots of them with different elemental on it.
Then we get stronger again.
10/30/2015 06:25 AMPosted by WhiteCrow
Cons:

Would be beneficial to softcore only. One unshared stash slot per character would be similar approach, but once again not hardcore friendly.

Second expansion hopefully would add stash slots / character slots. Or else, microtransactions. Imagine if you could "pay to win" by buying more stash slots and/or character slots.
For most part, stash and inventory space is dominated by two things:

- set items
- GG weapon and offhand rolls that are often build defining

In vanilla, we only had to worry about items of good/different stats. Usually, it was a case of keeping the item with the higher numbers. These days we need to think about the legendary affect of GG items too which increases the demand on stash space.

My thoughts is that expanding Kanai's cube with power selection slots for main hand weapon and offhand so that the powers in these slots will REPLACE the power of your equipped items. So:

If you were a crusader with a Blade of Prophecy and Frydehr's Wrath equipped, you could select the Fate of the Fell and Hellskull powers in these two new slots and your BoP and FW item powers will be replaced. If you only have a 2H weapon equipped and no offhand, you will not gain the offhand power selected in this new offhand power slot in the cube.

Pros:
- Easy switching of builds
- no need keep so many weapon/offhand combos... just a few with the right stats
- does not add to power creep seeing that we are not adding more powers to equip simultaneious, just the ability to replace powers

Cons:
- makes it a little too easy to gear up for end game if you can just find a non-ancient weapon, cube its power, and get the benefit of the power whilst equipping a GG ancient weapon roll. In some ways, we're there already with current cube set up but having two GG weapon powers will be easier with this recommendation.
- will need restrictions (e.g. for Sader, we'll probably need to have 2H weapon powers locked out of the new power selection option if only a 1H is selected and vice versa)

General changes (not sure if a pro or con)
- Player focus will switch to looking for items with the best primary/secondary stats only
- Weapons with highest damage range will likely dominate
- Easier to regear in HC
the only idea needed for "more stash space" is to add more tabs. to hell with discussion or ideas, all that needs to be done is have 10 more options to buy a stash tab.
11/01/2015 12:47 PMPosted by ecstaSTEVE
the only idea needed for "more stash space" is to add more tabs

Whilst I'd prefer this too, the devs have stated that the game is reaching a critical point in the number of items being managed at the server's end. Thus, more tabs is going to add to server stress and performance issues.

Still, I hear that the Chinese servers have the option to purchase tabs up to a total of 10 so there is no doubt room for improvement on the Americas, Europe and Asia servers.

But it would still be good to reduce the number of items we need to manage without sacrificing on build options.
@Kwitts: Well GRs already make it so you can't switch gear so I don't think your point is valid sorry. Who cares if anyone switches their gear during normal rifts or bounties ect. I still think it's a good idea. I do like the cube idea though, I'm just afraid that doing so might make it harder for the devs in their struggle for character balance. More diversity equals less control. I want to see most or all char in group greater rifts not just barbs and monks like season 4, and that cube idea might make it difficult. You never know though it might work!
10/30/2015 06:25 AMPosted by WhiteCrow
I do think 3 is a good number of tabs though

no not at all, i would prefer 9-10 slots since new legs are constantly added in the game.