Non season is a ghost town..., hard to get bounties etc

General Discussion
One of the issues I have with the game is bounty mats. I play non-season only, and is really hard to get a team together for T7 bounties(doesn't help the community chat seems to be broken last few days for the bounty communities). I refuse to bot etc in this game, as I have invested so much time already grinding and building up my toons it would not only be cheating the game but also cheating on my hard earn progress. I think we need more bounty bonus weekends etc, and perhaps a better balance between the season and non-season player base.

With the gear I'm seeing at least on your DH's, you should have no problem soloing T7 in very fast time solo.

I just play solo or with my wife when she can play. I don't worry about "keeping up with the Jones' " anymore. I just play when I can. I don't do seasons for that reason - It works for some, but not for me.

Anyhow, I like the idea of bounty bonuses (more of them), but the game seems ok as is.
11/04/2015 11:48 AMPosted by HeMan
The game shouldn't be designed so you are forced to play one game mode over the other in order to progress smoothly. Better balance is needed between season and non-season.

It's designed so we are forced to play groups to XP grind to be competitive due to the inflated XP bonus of groups over single player. You can either play seasons or deal with it. So sick of you lazy mouth breathers not wanting to start from scratch.
Im non season too. anyother non seasons want to play hit me up
11/05/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Apothus
The game shouldn't be designed so you are forced to play one game mode over the other in order to progress smoothly. Better balance is needed between season and non-season.

It's designed so we are forced to play groups to XP grind to be competitive due to the inflated XP bonus of groups over single player. You can either play seasons or deal with it. So sick of you lazy mouth breathers not wanting to start from scratch.

just cause we dont want to wast our time on dumb !@# seasons doesn't make us lazy. season is pointless wast of time for us that have lives outside of diablo.
The problem with seasons is that there is that "new loot" incentive, when there's all of those who are all like "I want to beat everybody else in paragons" that are entirely separate from the loot.

Let the racists have their racist race to the top.

Leave the loot out of it.

I don't care about their race, and I don't care about their bots that let them do it.
11/05/2015 10:28 AMPosted by Ghostpos
Diablo3 has declined in popularity.
Too true
11/04/2015 01:49 PMPosted by SkiTz
Now for Non-seasons? sorry, but thats a whole different issue - theres hardly any life at all in non-seasons lol. That mode is a baron wasteland and unfun to play but thats just my opinion (shared by many it seems...other wise seasons wouldn't be hilariously outnumbering non seasonal players)...

Unfun to play lol. so whats the difference besides getting NEW rewards for completing the seasonal objectives? your seasonal character gets deleted and all that time you invested is gone....just to startover it cant be the race? what race? that's controlled by bots and group play.

Dude, that's your problem that you play the game mode with low population. Make a new character and tick that seasonal checkbox and you will find a lot of players to play with.

Only one person out of 100 in my list is playing non-season, I have tried to get him to season but he has refused so far, maybe next season.

As far as I see, 99% of people are playing season and that's good.

If you want to have more players to play with, come join season, easy.
Agreed, when I do play I wish I could make non-season groups in communties fast
11/05/2015 06:59 PMPosted by Halcyon
The problem with seasons is that there is that "new loot" incentive, when there's all of those who are all like "I want to beat everybody else in paragons" that are entirely separate from the loot.

Let the racists have their racist race to the top.

Leave the loot out of it.

I don't care about their race, and I don't care about their bots that let them do it.

Typical Halycon post, and I see the normal culprits like Shadow in here too.

This time, however, you have gone too far with your rhetoric and hate speech.
I'm just curious why those people complaining about this don't just start up a NS-only clan. If there are many others with your same NS focus, your clan should be maxed out in no time with players banging on your doors to get in. You could end up with a large community of players who are just like you!

On the other hand if you can't get that many members for your NS clan or community, I guess that would also say a lot as well that not not many others share your passion for non-seasonal play. You won't know until you give it a shot.

Regardless of what you decide to do, nobody is "forcing" you to play in Seasons, but there are incentives for doing so. That's just the way it is.
11/06/2015 08:57 AMPosted by Stillday
I'm just curious why those people complaining about this don't just start up a NS-only clan. If there are many others with your same NS focus, your clan should be maxed out in no time with players banging on your doors to get in. You could end up with a large community of players who are just like you!

On the other hand if you can't get that many members for your NS clan or community, I guess that would also say a lot as well that not not many others share your passion for non-seasonal play. You won't know until you give it a shot.

Regardless of what you decide to do, nobody is "forcing" you to play in Seasons, but there are incentives for doing so. That's just the way it is.
you are wrong
11/04/2015 11:18 AMPosted by Electrance
So make a seasonal character.

Problem solved. No more ghost town. Games everywhere. New items.

More like Leeches and Bots everywhere...

I find myself carrying people along with me for Bounties than anything else.
I just solo them on T7. Takes less than an hour on my crusader and I don't play particularly speedy. I'm doing them quite a bit as I just came back to the game and am now cubing all sorts of things, but after that, I can easily imagine a scenario where I won't need to run them that often.

So, short-term, yes, it's kinda a PITA. However, in the long run, I don't foresee it being a big issue.
so now, when the season starts back up... start a seasonal character. i bet you get further in a week than you have ever gotten.
11/06/2015 10:11 AMPosted by Fenix
so now, when the season starts back up... start a seasonal character. i bet you get further in a week than you have ever gotten.
its still not fun, no matter how far you get
Before I stopped playing I had the same problem, then some guy in the bounty group said I should just try public games on T7 - worked well.

But that was 2 months ago so not sure how it looks now.

It's one of the reasons why I dislike seasons.
11/04/2015 11:04 AMPosted by HeMan
doesn't help the community chat seems to be broken last few days for the bounty communities

This is super annoying. There is only one reasonable way to get bounty groups together and right now it is not working, it's not just you.

I'm not sure why some people are being such gigantic dicks in here. Is it so hard to understand that some people don't want to start from scratch every season? Personally I don't play very much at all and I like to play all 6 classes so there is no way I am ever going to play seasons.
11/04/2015 05:47 PMPosted by Jsachun
Bonus cache weekend IMO will not solve the problem but will actually contribute to it being worst. Most people will grind bounties during the bonus days, stash up 100s to 1000s of mats and will not touch bounties again.

I have to admit that I am one of those people, during the bonus cache I think I got at least 500 of each and haven't needed to touch bounties since I still have a ton of materials left. The problem with bounties is there's only 1 real sink for the materials and as someone that seen 1k+ souls disappear in the blink of a eye, you'll run out of souls long before you run out of materials. And that naturally has the negative side effect of people either saying "screw it this isn't worth it" or needing time to farm up a lot more souls, in both cases there is little need or desire to do more bounties.

A possible solution might be a soul cost reduction on reforge legendary so that people are willing to do it more often and actually run out of crafting materials, thus needing to do more bounties. Oops gotta run, just a final note that increasing the crafting materials cost won't work since it would make reforge legendary seem even less worth it than it is now which would still = to less people wanting materials/doing bounties.