I've solved the Storage space problem. Costs 10 seconds

Items and Crafting
Ohhh conspiracy theory time: Blizzard is just trying to help with the stash problem by making precisely ONE gearset per class that is viable; thereby leaving only consumables and currencies to have to store! BRILLIANT!!

See? they're our friends! :D
11/04/2015 09:10 AMPosted by Electrance
11/04/2015 09:07 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Not to mention flame-baiters.

Weird how only SOME people have this problem? I don't have it, lots of other people don't have stash issues.

Why is that? I could slap in an extra DH and Crusader and I'd still have plenty of stash space.

Hoarders will hoard. Its what they do.

"Oh I got a cooldown AND an area damage pair... ohhh!!!"

Exactly what would having more space do to your game experience?

Is it going to worsen it for you? If you don't need it, you don't have to add it in. But you would.

See, its a pointless thing to argue against.

Now if someone was wanting to change the game in a way that affected how a character played, or spell was used, or piece of gear worked, I would understand, but a QoL improvement and everyone jumps up all pissed off like having more space is going to ruin the game or something.

I just don't get it.
Personally, I'm really happy with the addition of the cube as it has allowed me to clear substantial space in my stash. The cube has the additional benefit of transmutations which makes it easy to target a given item (in addition to already having shards). Finally, unless the item has great rolls or rolls as a legendary, what's the point in keeping?

Sets and legs are easy to get now and the addition of ancient items makes hoarding a ton of stuff that you aren't currently using pointless - add to that the cube allows you to retain the effect without taking up storage. If it's not BiS, why keep it?
11/04/2015 09:07 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Not to mention flame-baiters.

Weird how only SOME people have this problem?

You don't think that's any weird whatsoever, you're just here to ruffle feathers and be a douche.
11/04/2015 09:20 AMPosted by Vresiberba

Weird how only SOME people have this problem?

You don't think that's any weird whatsoever, you're just here to ruffle feathers and be a douche.

Actually, I do think its weird. I really don't see how one manages to fill up 15 characters and their stash. That's absurd.

Sure, more stash space wouldn't hurt, but seriously, you guys are hoarders in non-season keeping every bit of legacy item and crap that you don't even need but it "could be good in the future" so you keep it.
11/01/2015 11:14 PMPosted by Drael
Here is the idea: Clear one stash tab (fully). Have the gear you want to keep for each class on the character in question:

Could be effective for softcore, players but what those playing hardcore? Hardcore players keep backup gear for each and every class played. Since Activision-Blizzard to moving toward F2P (free to play) and microtransactions. It's already being tested in China. I just don't care for pay to win.
There is a certain intelligence required in being able to decipher that that Ancient Hack and Autumn's Call are not items worth keeping.
11/04/2015 09:14 AMPosted by DTMAce

Is it going to worsen it for you? If you don't need it, you don't have to add it in. But you would.

Now if someone was wanting to change the game in a way that affected how a character played, or spell was used, or piece of gear worked, I would understand, but a QoL improvement and everyone jumps up all pissed off like having more space is going to ruin the game or something.

I just don't get it.

Any solution would take time on Blizzard's part, eating up resources that could be better spent on other things. It's annoying to continue hearing about the /whine on the forums. There's a reasonable likelihood any "solution" would help to usher in microtransactions, which many of us do not want.

That's part of why it bothers me when people vent about the supposed lack of stash space.

Mostly, though, it's just irritation at the utter lack of responsibility people take. If you want to stand up and say "You know what, I love to hoard every item in the game, and I'd like the space to do that", then I might disagree, but I wouldn't mind the post.

I haven't seen many posts like that, though. What I've seen are "Oh god the sky is falling and stash space IS A HUGE PROBLEM AND ZOMGWTFBBQ" posts.

It's a personal problem, not a game problem. If you'd like to make a reasonable request for Blizzard to accommodate your personally preferred style of gameplay, great - do so, and I'd bet you get far less of a backlash in the process.
11/04/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Vhailor
11/04/2015 09:14 AMPosted by DTMAce

I just don't get it.

Any solution would take time on Blizzard's part, eating up resources that could be better spent on other things.

Seriously, like what? This game is a game based entirely on the loot you find, storing said loot is therefore a premier feature of the game, one that's crucial for the existence of the game itself, and seeing how this is over and over again ignored and even made worse, when there wasn't enough space to store all the items in the stash after patch 2.2, Blizzard in their infinite wisdom goes ahead and creates 40 new ones that take up another stash tab! That's just crazy.

11/04/2015 09:32 AMPosted by Vhailor
It's annoying to continue hearing about the /whine on the forums.

It's equally annoying hearing people denying that there's a problem, because there is.
11/04/2015 09:13 AMPosted by Fauxlivia
Ohhh conspiracy theory time: Blizzard is just trying to help with the stash problem by making precisely ONE gearset per class that is viable; thereby leaving only consumables and currencies to have to store! BRILLIANT!!

See? they're our friends! :D

Aren't you thankful?
I really want to see a video with your characters and your stash from everyone who complains about their stash being an issue.

Considering not everyone has this problem, it's a player issue and not a game issue. Would it be nice to get more? Sure. Of course it would.

But then you'll fill up your extra space. Then you'll want more, if they make more items. Then you'll want more...
Lets see....

I don't keep items that have no legendary powers, with maybe a couple of ancient exceptions.

If I find a better piece I salvage an older one.

Any item that I kept for the cube is or will be gone and I doubt I would keep any versions of most of them. (I don't have all my class items in non seasons done yet, since I have only played in season 4 the past couple months)

I do try to put together one of each set for each class, keeping only the best version of each slot, and mostly storing on the character, along with a few selected nice weapons to have handy for each class, and/or any other BiS leg item (ancient, etc)

Rings, amulets and belts I do try to keep as good a versions as I can for those that are useful and have powers and the right stats/sockets etc. I pretty much salvage all non-power leg items.

Currently my Season stash has:
Page for crafting mats, gems, KW & Uber stuff
Page for leg gems and potions and some key gear that I frequently swap around when playing.
Page for WD sets and top BiS leg items.
Page for rings, amulets and belts.
Page for other odds n ends, some non WD stuff, things to cube, etc.

Only the WD page is full.

The rest are half full or less. I could probably combine the first two and still not fill the first page, I just like having things spaced out a bit.

And I don't keep anything in the character inventory except a leg potion.

Non season is a mess, I need to clean it out some, I grant you.

But I don't keep everything, and I try to be smart about what I do keep.

But, that's me.

I don't keep items that have no legendary powers, with maybe a couple of ancient exceptions.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
"Hoarding" = classic strawman argument. No one is advocating for infinite stash space, just that the amount we have now is woefully insufficient, especially if you play multiple classes.
11/04/2015 11:09 AMPosted by KingCobra
"Hoarding" = classic strawman argument. No one is advocating for infinite stash space, just that the amount we have now is woefully insufficient, especially if you play multiple classes.

It's not a strawman argument, and I really wish you'd bother looking up the definition before tossing the word around (which applies generally as well; people throw this out far too often). For many of us, there is absolutely no stash issue. Pointing out that people wanting more stash space are likely displaying hoarder tendencies is in no way an implication that they're asking for infinite stash space - it's a direct refutation of the idea that we need any more stash space.

Again, this isn't an issue people are going to respond well to if those advocating for additional space continue to imply that it's some sort of "core problem" with Diablo 3. It isn't. It's a problem for you, and other individuals who play a certain way.

It's like criticizing airlines for not offering wider seats because you're overweight and struggle to fit. There's a fine line between blaming the airlines for your problem, and making a request based on your problem. Too often, those asking for additional storage space fall into the first type of category, rather than the latter.

That's why these threads tend to devolve into insults and flaming.
11/04/2015 11:32 AMPosted by Vhailor
11/04/2015 11:09 AMPosted by KingCobra

It's not a strawman argument, and I really wish you'd bother looking up the definition before tossing the word around (which applies generally as well; people throw this out far too often). For many of us, there is absolutely no stash issue. Pointing out that people wanting more stash space are likely displaying hoarder tendencies is in no way an implication that they're asking for infinite stash space - it's a direct refutation of the idea that we need any more stash space.

Again, this isn't an issue people are going to respond well to if those advocating for additional space continue to imply that it's some sort of "core problem" with Diablo 3. It isn't. It's a problem for you, and other individuals who play a certain way.

It's like criticizing airlines for not offering wider seats because you're overweight and struggle to fit. There's a fine line between blaming the airlines for your problem, and making a request based on your problem. Too often, those asking for additional storage space fall into the first type of category, rather than the latter.

said the player with 3 classes...

For many of us, there is absolutely no stash issue.

And for hundreds more than that "many of u" there is a stash issue in this game because they want to play the game to it fullest with all classes and not stop at 1 set like u with new set uliana only

No, THIS is why these threads tend to devolve into insults and flaming;

Pointing out that people wanting more stash space are likely displaying hoarder tendencies

I don't understand why you people need to use a term you know damn well is pretty loaded, not to mention utterly and completely inaccurate in about 95% of the cases. Does it give you some kind of pleasure, or what's going on?

How could it possibly NOT be a problem when the items we had two patches ago couldn't fit into the stash and then Blizzard added TWO MORE TABS worth of items without adding more space? Seriously, where are we supposed to put them when; There. Is. No. Space. To. Put. Them?!?
11/04/2015 10:42 AMPosted by Electrance

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Witching hour to name an example? Jeez.

You just want to infuriate people, this much I have figured out. Consider yourself ignored. You play it your way, and I will play it mine, and everyone else will play it their way. If we get more space, great! If we don't we will deal. But arguing against something that is a QoL change and not a hindrance to you specifically makes absolutely no sense.

Game on. I'm out.
Witching hour has a special affix: It has % Crit on belt, which no other belt has.

Same with string of ears... and vigilante.

But now I see what you mean though, though I would call those special 'niche' items, more so now than ever, because most builds can't incorporate them as a means of giving up something better.

I'm really not "trying" to piss you off. I have my opinion and you have yours. I already said more stash space would be nice, but until they actually say they are going to.....