Three cheers to the DIABLO3 Artists

General Discussion
I would like to express my gratitude to the Blizzard artists who have made the game look so fantastic.

I have played this game since it came out and still marvel at times how beautiful some of the background scenery looks.

I love the background water scenes, crossing the bridge and seeing the water flow below, with water mists rising.

Seeing the goblins rushing about in the background of the new goblin vault is fascinating, with the chains moving the bags of loot

All to often we forget about the unsung heroes and thus we should take this opportunity to thank the artists for making the game so much more enjoyable to play.

Please add your comments and share your favourite in game scene.
^ Troll Detected.
Game looks rubbish compared to alot of others cause Blizzard make everything look well cartoony.
Hence WoW will always look sh*t compared to other MMOs as a perfect example
11/02/2015 05:43 PMPosted by JohnnyDingo
I would like to express my gratitude to the Blizzard artists who have made the game look so fantastic.

I have played this game since it came out and still marvel at times how beautiful some of the background scenery looks.

I love the background water scenes, crossing the bridge and seeing the water flow below, with water mists rising.

Seeing the goblins rushing about in the background of the new goblin vault is fascinating, with the chains moving the bags of loot

All to often we forget about the unsung heroes and thus we should take this opportunity to thank the artists for making the game so much more enjoyable to play.

Even though I have a lot of lot of strong critics towards some design decisions made by D3, I could never disagree with you. Diablo art is superb.
Keyblade

^ Troll Detected.[/quote]

hahhaha, yes you have been detected

I genuinely expressed what I think when I see the game.

Too bad you don't have anything positive to say, please refrain from adding further comments
11/02/2015 05:43 PMPosted by JohnnyDingo

the only ones that actually deserve recognition tbh.
To OP

Im guessing your the kind of guy that likes Big Explosion Movies with !@#$ going everywhere and pretty colours. Probably enjoying the Whimsyshire lvl.
Game is supposed to be Dark. Although i love d3 and enjoy the game to death. The Art style is really lacking and needs to be heavily addressed
D3 art - Technically good.
Stylistically bad.
11/02/2015 06:08 PMPosted by Keyblade
To OP

Im guessing your the kind of guy that likes Big Explosion Movies with !@#$ going everywhere and pretty colours. Probably enjoying the Whimsyshire lvl.

Big explosions ? Nah over that. Pretty colours ? Sure, pretty colours make the world go round.
Whimsyshire ? Nah, way too much colour and boring level now, tend to avoid it.

My post is directed more at the way the background blends into the game and how it makes me sometimes stand back (metaphorically speaking) and enjoy the scenery.

Probably talking about something you can't appreciate, just keep playing and ignore the background.

:)
While it may look great, it's not Diabloish. :l Where are my dark and gloomy, gothic feels. D: Bring back Diablo 2016.
11/02/2015 06:26 PMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
Stylistically bad.

I am not an artist, but for me the artistic elements in game are superb.

Just wanted to acknowledge that and get more positive input to the post, but I guess a lot of posters have to be negative to feel good about them selves.

It will be a sad day when all posts are just negative.

Have a nice day :)
11/02/2015 08:25 PMPosted by JoJo
While it may look great, it's not Diabloish

I thought the demons are Diabloish enough, lol.
Is that all the positive comments for the artists of Diablo3 ?

Come on gamers, surely you can do better than that.

Show some appreciation for the art work in Diablo3, don't just take it for granted.
11/02/2015 08:27 PMPosted by JohnnyDingo
11/02/2015 06:26 PMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
Stylistically bad.

I am not an artist, but for me the artistic elements in game are superb.

Just wanted to acknowledge that and get more positive input to the post, but I guess a lot of posters have to be negative to feel good about them selves.

It will be a sad day when all posts are just negative.

Have a nice day :)

The quality of the art assets was never a question. There is no doubt that Blizzard has some of the most talented and hard working artists, or let me say designers, as there is a bit of a difference between design and pure art. Design has usually a purpose, art can be literaly everything. So everyone can be an artist, but not every artist can be a good designer.

But even quality design, can be the wrong choice sometimes. For example, no one could argue about the quality of the design that is behind Mass Effect or Destiny. But would it work with Diablo?

Diablo 3 follows a very different style and tone compared to Diablo 2 and even more to Diablo 1, which was a lot more dark, cynical and almost depressive. Where as Diablo 3 is more on the side of epic, colourfull and dramatic presentation.
I love Tethrys
The books of art are one of the main reasons I buy collectors editions of games over regular ones. The interactive bits in the ROS art book was a nice touch.
Graphics are really good in D3, wish those people had worked for ggg(Path of Exile). Here it´s casting pearls before swine, I think.
I rather enjoy the physics employed during battles, bodies, body parts and other items being thrown across screen during explosions.
The art is nice, I agree.

Please add your comments and share your favorite in game scene.

Excellent post. So rare for this forum. Thank you.

My favorite scene? Wow - there are so many of them. The little details are just so amazing.

I would have to agree with another poster on here. The battle graphics when something dies or an axe/bow gets thrown into the air - sometimes taking up my entire screen as it gets shot up close to the camera view. Really spectacular design and concepts.
11/03/2015 05:02 AMPosted by CrniVuk
The quality of the art assets was never a question. There is no doubt that Blizzard has some of the most talented and hard working artists, or let me say designers, as there is a bit of a difference between design and pure art. Design has usually a purpose, art can be literaly everything. So everyone can be an artist, but not every artist can be a good designer.

But even quality design, can be the wrong choice sometimes. For example, no one could argue about the quality of the design that is behind Mass Effect or Destiny. But would it work with Diablo?

Diablo 3 follows a very different style and tone compared to Diablo 2 and even more to Diablo 1, which was a lot more dark, cynical and almost depressive. Where as Diablo 3 is more on the side of epic, colourfull and dramatic presentation.

Good points.

Blizzard artist have always been top notch, they are very talented. But as far as D3 goes, the art director chose the wrong design/style, theme/palate initially. Blizzard even tried to deviate from it in RoS.

Quality work though from the artist, but as pointed out above...the quality of the art assets was never a question