RIP D3

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
What we all just watched was the opening ceremony. I understand we were all hoping to hear about Diablo 3 during the opening ceremony, but patch 2.4 was mentioned and there will be more detailed oriented information this evening.
I wish they would sell the rights to a company actually interested in developing D3. I guess 30 million sales dont matter when you have idiots spending hundreds of dollars in WoW micro transactions.
11/06/2015 12:19 PMPosted by fao
Not a single mention at the opening ceromy.. Kinda sad...

This is untrue. There was a single mention of D3 in there, and then....well, nothing else. That was pretty much it >:/
11/06/2015 12:24 PMPosted by MyCC
Oh, yeah I didn't watch the opening from the very beginning.. I just assumed D3 was already covered.

Wow, yeah that sucks, not even a few minutes on stage?

Oh well, makes me feel more proud for being a fan of D3.

michael morhaime said something about patch 2.4 THAT'S IT nothing else
Just relax until we hear the Diablo news later this evening. I think people are overreacting right now.
that was so sad...
11/06/2015 12:18 PMPosted by MyCC
No news? Thought they were announcing some new things for next patch?

They will do that today at the panel. We get a new zone, new sets, new items, etc. They have playable demos up in the Tavern that some of the folks have been chatting about on reddit and Twitter and here.

Just...not even getting a spot on stage at all to talk about the new D3 content we get, even if it is not an expansion. That just ...feels bad. I am more bothered than I thought I would be. That said, I will be watching the panel later.
Well... we'll get another pair of ugly wings if we buy overwatch... sigh...

Honestly? It's sad and I feel betrayed.
@Blizzard Sell the game to someone who care about it.
One of the best selling games of blizzard and they ignore it?
Since D3 isn't an e-sport, it's not getting as much attention. Thanks, Blizzard.
11/06/2015 12:29 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Just...not even getting a spot on stage at all to talk about the new D3 content we get, even if it is not an expansion. That just ...feels bad. I am more bothered than I thought I would be.

I'm glad I didn't waste $40 on a virtual ticket. I don't play the other Blizz games.
That was rather upsetting
Okay so lets talk about 2.4 and what it will not bring.

It will not bring:

PVP "as promised in the beginning"
Lag-free servers
Stash expansions
Proper management of Buffs
Skills and specs that is not locked completely to a 5 piece armor sets
Proper control & account ban of cheaters.
November release of 2.4
A new class -
11/06/2015 12:28 PMPosted by SeventhWoods
Just relax until we hear the Diablo news later this evening. I think people are overreacting right now.

I'll gladly eat my words later tonight if I am wrong, but I think EDIT: we've been clinging to false hope.

Here's my train of logic:

If there were to be an announcement of something substantial, it would have preceded the presumably-final WOW expansion just due to relative importance of the two games. It did not.

If there were a final expansion chapter to this Diablo product, it would have been showcased during the open (to generate the last hurrah of sales hype - and maybe even some new sales of Vanilla+RoS). It was not.

This product is dead now, its characters and lore reduced to cross-game promotional items and DLC for their other SKU's.
I haven't felt so rejected since the time a cat walked right past me when I reached out to pet it. I don't need Blizzard or that adorable kitty!
It's just horrible.

They announced new content for SC2 BEFORE the expansion is even out, and said absolutely nothing for D3, yet they refuse to let us know if they've put the game off life support.
11/06/2015 12:24 PMPosted by SeventhWoods
What we all just watched was the opening ceremony. I understand we were all hoping to hear about Diablo 3 during the opening ceremony, but patch 2.4 was mentioned and there will be more detailed oriented information this evening.

must be helluva patch
Hopefully this makes up for the opening, but don't hold your breath.

https://twitter.com/joshmosq/status/662730220114317314

Fret not @Diablo fans... We've stashed away some cool surprises for the panel at 3:30!!
RIP