A personal letter from a sad diablo Fan

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
Offline mode sounds viable now. :)
Hope they reconsider since I feel like they are about to shutdown D3 servers.
Not saying anyone should delete their characters... All I can tell you is that I did, and the opening ceremony didn't feel as bad as it could have.

I feel no pain.

*closes diary*
I'll paste my comment here from another thread, regarding the direction of the game and notions like "this is a multiplayer game at its core", and I'm done about this subject for good:

"There always was some rivalry between Blizzard and Blizzard North -although their collaboration created both Diablo and Diablo 2, it wasn't just BN.

But I wonder if that old, silly rivalry plays a part in how Blizzard wants to make Diablo "their own", and not so much a Blizzard North thing. I mean, WoW is Blizzard through and through and the influence can be seen in D3.

The problem, the main issue here that lead us, by the way, to the whole Vanilla Diablo fiasco, is that the people who like Diablo (counting myself, a fan since 1997) likes it for very particular themes and gameplay spots. I would play Diablo and Diablo 2 on my own until I memorized the lines of dialogue. But maybe D3 feels so alien to us because, as it comes from the horse's mouth, this game is "a multiplayer game" at its core.

People divorces, Blizzard. I guess I get what you're telling me here."
- Signed, pretty much how I feel.

But I do want to make one note:

I was there at gamestop at midnight to pick this game up when it first came out. It was a great experience, and I even won the game display case. Loaded the game up, played it a bit. Over the next week, I beat it and moved on to higher difficulties.

I enjoyed it for a while, but that feeling quickly went away. My reaction phases were: 1) This is @#$%in awesome! 2) Ok, I guess this is still fun. 3) I like some of the changes and I had so much hype I need to continue to like the game. 4) Ok, this game has a ton of shortcomings. In the beginning, this game was a mess.

Now that said, over the years, the devs have whipped this game into proper shape. There's always room for improvement, but at the very least, this game is now genuinely fun to me. I'm having a blast playing it. It's also clear that the devs are listening to the player and implementing a ton of things that make the game better.

However, after seeing the lack of convention real estate devoted to D3, after seeing how little it was mentioned in the opening ceremony, I have realized this: I don't blame the devs for this game for a lack of content or no new xpac. It's clear now they don't have a lot of support and resources and are likely doing the best that they can. I feel so let down by the lack of respect and attention Blizzard is seeming to give this game at this point.

Final words: I know Blizz has come out and said Diablo is the kind of game people will play on and off. To an extent that's true. However, when you stretch content out for so long and don't improve things like the graphics core, the game starts to feel dated and people will leave in droves. Once that happens, you won't have a player base to buy any new content for the game.
11/06/2015 03:59 PMPosted by WhiteZombie
Nothing so far.

EDIT: Nope. No new class, no more story, no Skovos. No X-pac.

Incredible.

Yup I was expecting a new class at least even if it was not an expansion. *sigh* This just smells of higher ups not giving resources and waiting the game in maintenance mode.
I feel the same.
I don't usually participate in these kind of threads. This time I had to.

The only end game right now is grifting / paragon grind, that's it! The game needs more variety than frustrating and boring grifts in shallow maps with mediocre density. Besides, grifts do not feel like Diablo at all 'cause there's not loot dropping or virtually anything happening. Grifts are just so sterile and mindless, soulless plus not to mention aggravating.

And those "new items" just won't cut it since there is no meaningful way to use those new items than in grift mode. Therefor the improved build diversity doesn't help either because the only mode for playing is those damn grifts.

I believe Diablo 3 needs more gameplay modes and that is why a whole new expansion is desperately needed. Feeling very disappointed even though I would gladly pay for new content in a heartbeat. I kind of love this game but Blizzard clearly hates it. Luckily there are a lot of good games out there or coming out soon but still. Bummer.
Well look at this this way. Fallout 4 comes out next week.
11/07/2015 03:15 AMPosted by Tomnickles
Well look at this this way. Fallout 4 comes out next week.

Yup at least it would help me forget.
11/06/2015 04:58 PMPosted by Yirendral
Offline mode sounds viable now. :)
Hope they reconsider since I feel like they are about to shutdown D3 servers.

offline mode SHOULD happen if Blizz wants to shutdown the servers. completely taking D3 away from some people would cause rioting.
11/07/2015 01:09 AMPosted by Benito420
This is absolute bull!@#$. I bought my online ticket and went to check out the events. Oh whats this? They didnt even give a %^-*ing section for D3.... you have to scroll down to the bull!@#$ itinerary to see that they have a one hour panel with the voice actors. Are you serious blizzard? This just cost me $52 (CAD) as a student?? Great, thanks.

and they even pushed the ad on the D3 login. talk about evil.
I bought my online ticket and went to check out the events. Oh whats this?
to see that they have a one hour panel with the voice actors. Are you serious blizzard?

O.o? Did you check the Friday Schedule at all?

There was a one hour Panel discussion with the Developers yesterday from 3:30 to 4:30 on the Panel Stage. It had nothing to do with Voice Actors. They discussed the new zone, areas, items, and tons of changes to the game. Anyone with a Virtual ticket can go back and view any of the sessions.

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/ At the bottom there is a list of everything that is archived, including the D3 session. They have not put the D3 session up yet, but they will.

The voice actor sessions are done for all games, and are not usually part of the Virtual Ticket. They don't film those.
I felt so much cringe.
Even the developers felt awkward hyping stuff and getting 0 responce from the 10-15 people at the living room sized stage :/
11/07/2015 06:08 AMPosted by Kompotchorap
I felt so much cringe.
Even the developers felt awkward hyping stuff and getting 0 responce from the 10-15 people at the living room sized stage :/

Trolling much?

The Panel Stage is where the Devs did the main presentation to hundreds of people that was standing room only. It takes up a large chunk of Hall A. They did NOT do the presentation in the Tavern.
Sad state of affairs all round but I had a feeling this was how it would play out a long time ago.

Since the AH/RMAH fiasco blew up in their faces there is no constant revenue stream pouring into the vault and considering this company is fixated on that more than anything else a 'dead end' game like D3 doesn't fit into their long term plans.

I have been at odds with the developers over a few issues but I always understood they were basically handcuffed by their bosses so recycled bits and pieces are all we could ever expect for the foreseeable future.

The main fact that jumped out for me recently is the terrible server lag that has been dragging on since 2.3 dropped, we are not stupid we know that it's fixable the fact nothing has been done in the last 2 months says it all.

Would they ever let WoW servers lag that badly for more than a couple hours? I think not.
11/06/2015 05:08 PMPosted by WhiteZombie
I'll paste my comment here from another thread, regarding the direction of the game and notions like "this is a multiplayer game at its core", and I'm done about this subject for good:

"There always was some rivalry between Blizzard and Blizzard North -although their collaboration created both Diablo and Diablo 2, it wasn't just BN.

But I wonder if that old, silly rivalry plays a part in how Blizzard wants to make Diablo "their own", and not so much a Blizzard North thing. I mean, WoW is Blizzard through and through and the influence can be seen in D3.

The problem, the main issue here that lead us, by the way, to the whole Vanilla Diablo fiasco, is that the people who like Diablo (counting myself, a fan since 1997) likes it for very particular themes and gameplay spots. I would play Diablo and Diablo 2 on my own until I memorized the lines of dialogue. But maybe D3 feels so alien to us because, as it comes from the horse's mouth, this game is "a multiplayer game" at its core.

People divorces, Blizzard. I guess I get what you're telling me here."

Exactly. So the best solution is to bury D3 instead of stretching this and start with the development of D4 based on D1+D2 LoD, alternatively stop making arpgs, if Blizzard does not have the people for this right now, then just continue with your WoW and whatever stuff I´m not interested in.

Actually Cain´s death and the ponylevel should have been enough of a warning. Let´s just make it really ugly for D 2 LoD fans...

Topic: I used to be sad when I realised this. But that´s some time ago.