2.4 Godly Gatling Gun [VIDEO]

Crusader
http://youtu.be/H4KFj4vL_vo

GEAR

Litany of the Undaunted - (cdr/cc/chd/socket)
Wailing Host - (cdr/cc/chd/socket)
Leoric's Crown - (str/vit/cc/socket)
Death Watch Mantle OR Homing Pads- (str/vit/ra/cdr)
Aquila Cuirass - (str/vit/ra/3sockets)
Bracers of Fury - (holy/str/vit/cc)
Vigilante Belt - (str/vit/ra/cdr)
Stone Gauntlets - (str/cc/chd/cdr)
Depth Diggers - (str/vit/ra/2sockets)
Illusory Boots - (str/vit/ra/armor or movement speed)
Hellfire Amulet - (cdr/cc/chd/socket)
Fate of the Fell - (%dmg/str/cdr/socket)
Ivory Tower - (str/cc/block/cdr)

CUBE

Shield of Fury
Sacred Harness
Justice Lantern/Unity/CoE (depending on the role and game you're playing)

GEMS

Bane of the Trapped
Esoteric Alteration
Bane of the Stricken/Molten Wildebeast Gizzard

PASSIVES

Heavenly Strength
Finery
Renewal
Hold Your Ground
Long Arm of the Law

SKILLS

Punish - Fury
Heaven's Fury - Blessed Ground
Akarat's Champion - Prophet
Laws of Valor - Critical OR Laws of Justice - Immovable Object
Iron Skin - Steel Skin
Judgment - Resolved

I would be inclined to make changes based on future discoveries/ideas that would improve the overall performance of the build.
i think the new ring set is actually by far the best change of the new patch. with that power boost, all the "useless" legendaries currently in the game are suddenly worth a look. this ring set will open a ton of fun builds...

stuff like captain america or firestarter or block builds or phalanx builds or weird combinations of all our countless crusader shields and weapons with legenadry powers. that's a lot more interesting than the 6 piece sets with predefined playstyles...

i didn't expect that, but i'm really excited about that new patch now :)
Have to wait and see what the other 40 leg powers are. Might be some good ones in there to mix and match.
After seeing the new Justice Lantern power, I've been giving this some more thought.

I can squeeze more damage and about the same DR by using Akkhan instead of Legacy rings.

Will update the OP
Since Wyatt confirmed 800% per ancient on LoN rings, I shall have to flop back to that setup until they nerf it.

Let's see....each block will trigger a HF:FoH tri-beam. I easily have full ancient gear for the setup.

960% * 3 * 105 = 302,400% PER BLOCK!!!!!

I can hard cast 2-3 HF per second with stutterstep, and trigger 5+ blocks per second in most situations easily enough. That's in the realm of 2.4 MILLION % per second.

Legacy of Nightmares just went plaid!!!
Updated the OP's build with current changes on the PTR.

If we can get the SoF buffed, then I foresee this build doing well in solo as well as having a role in certain groups.

Based on what other ppl are playing, you might not be beneficial. For instance, if you 4 man group relies on stunning mobs a lot, then it will neuter your damage. Same goes for another player taunting mobs.

In the right setup, you will bring great damage and decent group buffs to the table like 20% cc, 100% chd, 15% AS and 40% reduced mob damage.
they should just buff the SoF DmG per second from 15-20% for something higher like 35-50% not sure if this is overboard but this is just to offset that terrible ICD because i don't see blizzard removing the ICD of 1 proc / Sec anytime soon.
12/14/2015 08:06 PMPosted by ilov2violate
they should just buff the SoF DmG per second from 15-20% for something higher like 35-50% not sure if this is overboard but this is just to offset that terrible ICD because i don't see blizzard removing the ICD of 1 proc / Sec anytime soon.

I've been testing Shield of Fury since the new patch hit a few hours ago. I can't really tell if it's different now. It kinda seems like it, but it kinda still feels a little weak. I just cleared a GR69 with Akkhan Shotgun setup with Endless Walk and ORotZ and Unity.

I know in the hotfix notes from two weeks ago, which were last updated on 12/1/15, it is stated they added an internal cooldown for SoF. However, in the official patch notes from today, 12/14/15, it just says that a bug was fixed that caused SoF to stack more quickly than intended.

I wonder if the hotfix was a band-aid until they launched the official patch today? Because it *seems* like SoF, with Shotgun at least, is stacking a little faster on mobs than it was yesterday. Then again, this could be confirmation bias, lol, since I really want SoF to be good again. Honestly though, it seems a bit different.

Has anyone else tested this? Ravashak, can you chime in here?

Edit: Ok something is up. I just did a 1 minute 20 second RG kill in a 4-man GR75 and was getting, with both CoE and Shield Glare up at the same time (proccing Bracers of Fury), 200b+ crits per beam of Heaven's Fury on Shotgun. I think the Shield of Fury is stacking faster now... that was never possible with Akkhan Shotgun before. I would often, after that amount of time, see a cap in my damage around 60-80b crit per beam, with both CoE and Shield Glare up, at best.
U added the multiplier from akkhans not LoN in OP
Haven't had a chance to test anything since the new patch. Definitely plan on it soon though.
12/14/2015 08:51 PMPosted by Wrongholio
U added the multiplier from akkhans not LoN in OP

I just modified the build, not the rest of the text.

Went ahead and deleted most of it to avoid confusion.
12/14/2015 08:39 PMPosted by Desar
12/14/2015 08:06 PMPosted by ilov2violate

I've been testing Shield of Fury since the new patch hit a few hours ago. I can't really tell if it's different now. It kinda seems like it, but it kinda still feels a little weak. I just cleared a GR69 with Akkhan Shotgun setup with Endless Walk and ORotZ and Unity.

I know in the hotfix notes from two weeks ago, which were last updated on 12/1/15, it is stated they added an internal cooldown for SoF. However, in the official patch notes from today, 12/14/15, it just says that a bug was fixed that caused SoF to stack more quickly than intended.

I wonder if the hotfix was a band-aid until they launched the official patch today? Because it *seems* like SoF, with Shotgun at least, is stacking a little faster on mobs than it was yesterday. Then again, this could be confirmation bias, lol, since I really want SoF to be good again. Honestly though, it seems a bit different.

Edit: Ok something is up. I just did a 1 minute 20 second RG kill in a 4-man GR75 and was getting, with both CoE and Shield Glare up at the same time (proccing Bracers of Fury), 200b+ crits per beam of Heaven's Fury on Shotgun. I think the Shield of Fury is stacking faster now... that was never possible with Akkhan Shotgun before. I would often, after that amount of time, see a cap in my damage around 60-80b crit per beam, with both CoE and Shield Glare up, at best.

can you confirm if HF blessed ground is any good this PTR patch?
12/15/2015 06:30 AMPosted by ilov2violate
12/14/2015 08:39 PMPosted by Desar

can you confirm if HF blessed ground is any good this PTR patch?

No idea. I'm only playing Shotgun like 2 hrs a day. Very little time on the PTR. Still trying to get ancients in a few slots to see how powerful a fully augmented Shotgun Akkhan build is. I never have used Blessed Ground, not once in all my years of playing Diablo. I'd have no idea if it's better since I didn't use it before when it was OP.
I did some very BASIC testing this morning. It appeared to be stacking 2-3 times a second with blessed ground. Not 100% confident on the accuracy of my findings though.
What did it appear to be stacking per second before the patch? 1x a second or so?
Goldarm said 1 per second.

Hopefully he can do more testing and compare his results.
12/15/2015 05:58 PMPosted by Ravashak
Goldarm said 1 per second.

Hopefully he can do more testing and compare his results.

Awesome.

Do you feel a 3x stack increase is enough? Seems quite good to me. I think the weak point for my Shotgun build is the underperforming Akkhan 6pc bonus.

I think I'll roll LoN for 2.4 live if I can make Shotgun work with that set. Probably too many resource issues without Akkhan though. I'm not interested in any other non-Fires of Heaven runes.
Depends on where the Balance line ends up. Earlier in the PTR it looked like 85. Now based on their nerfing trends, ~80 is the line.

If 80 ends up being the balance line, then 3 procs/sec would get us close. This is assuming that it was 1 proc/sec before and is 3 procs/sec after.

I like my build because resource is not an issue, while also still being engaging.