messing a bit with dmo.

Wizard
Prev 1 5 6 7
Slightly different issues. Heal monk is for party only and DF could be abused for solo. They just may let it slip...
Hmm w/o this new healer monk I'll take your word for it ximae , but I do have some questions:

In the ranged version did you have Primus? 5 second stun is massively underrated for DR
Did you have Zei's? Even with DMO the 20% stun procs a lot
Did you have temporal flux? You'll avoid a ton of hits with this and be able to DPS longer which will avoid future hits as well, especially stacking with the 80% slow bubble

I do believe you; and that it's gotta be a near one shot fest regardless in the high GR group setting especially with mobs lasting a lot longer, but with those 3 things you should be able to avoid most situations except say Thunderstorm, Wormhole, Teleport.
You know what, I'm definitely just going to go ahead with ximae's word as I'm likely underestimating mid 80's damage and if we want to go into the 90's with group DMO we can't be glassy (IE: new definition of glass = Endless Walk up to 50%, DMO 50% Exhaustion 25% lol..)

We'll need more w/o Halo/APD use. I am thinking this is where new shield bracers will really come in..at the price of the Ranslor's pull?. That's okay so long as someone else is grouping mobs like monk/crusader, as ximae has stated Ranslor's pull is just not that effective in group unless you're pulling ahead tanking in which case is a no no without halo/APD.

But then wait, what do we need for ring slot? Nevermind..we could have all 3!

Okay new meta group ranged DMO plan!

Primus worn
Ranslor's worn
Shield bracers cubbed (hope they're not bugged this time)
RoRG worn
COE cubbed
Scepter worn
Furnace cubbed

Sound good? Anything sound better? Oh snaps that's right Oculus Ring is really GG for this build and not the melee one. Primus + Oculus is probably better overall than COE so that's an option. Or drop Primus for Oculus+COE cubbed/worn. Honestly this will be a well organized group build that know what you're doing to be effective, this isn't your random pub build.

Options are there, don't think we'll be funneled into melee halo/APD DMO if we really think outside the freezer box.
well what is really hurting is the health sustain, going around with 100k life sec through paragon + grizzard was no where near enough thus the need of more mit to make the best of it ( another 50%dr to double that ehp/s)

IF we find a way around that be it by shielding (not too optimistic on dmo) or some external way ( cough.. monk) then ranged and more glassy ranged builds might be viable. I see them possible if we can triple/cuadriple our ehp per second through a combination of external dr + lps + shielding.

which by the way atm seems sort of viable as if been messing a bit with my istvan monk and with modest optimization (191k pots) i was able to generate some 300-400k life second. but its gona be nowhere near some numbers ive seen floating round (900k)... maybe 450-500k max if super well optimized.
Force Armor + Shields + Heal Monk will make a ranged wizard plenty tanky for a while.
12/09/2015 06:40 AMPosted by BDF
Force Armor + Shields + Heal Monk will make a ranged wizard plenty tanky for a while.

yeah bascially what i have in mind. heal monk can give 0.45 x 0.6 dr = 0.27 dr u add some extra dr like either aquila or dmo for 0,135 which is already more than dmo + exhaustion + aquila.

some 150k shields second through deflection + bracer and another 300-400k lps from monk should do it,.
12/09/2015 06:40 AMPosted by BDF

Yah we'll see what the shields do. Shielding is shielding, shouldn't matter if we get it from a passive vs an active vs a gem effect so I still want to call the current shielding ring bugged under those effects - it should all count or it's going to be very limited.

I don't see how that would be overpowered, like you said ximae you'll still only gain about 150k shields a second - it would just mean that first hit you take will be absorbed a lot better because we'd have 2M+ with GW. But since you'll be ranged GW and Gizzard uptime will be pretty high so those 2M shields would come back often.

That with the heal monk will be plenty fine for ranged..I mean after all we're not the only ranged out there :P
12/09/2015 11:35 AMPosted by MasterJay
But since you'll be ranged GW and Gizzard uptime will be pretty high so those 2M shields would come back often.

Plus galvanizing ward would last for two hits (or four with double shields) due to force armor.

Makes it a situation where all that matters is getting higher eHP due to how shields are max life % based. Might make some % life rolls the best mitigation we can get.
12/09/2015 11:54 AMPosted by BDF
Plus galvanizing ward would last for two hits (or four with double shields) due to force armor.

umh thing is ur probably going to be hit more than that if ur in inner sanc....

how does galv. ward work?, refreshes every 5s after initial shield or every sec while ur not taking life damage?

12/09/2015 11:54 AMPosted by BDF
Makes it a situation where all that matters is getting higher eHP due to how shields are max life % based. Might make some % life rolls the best mitigation we can get.

It sure is, specially with all the other straigh dr options we have. the only set id think about it is with tals and ar stacking.
how does galv. ward work?, refreshes every 5s after initial shield or every sec while ur not taking life damage?

Also interested in knowing this, should be easy enough to test.

Also, how is shield consumption prioritized? Order of application = order of consumption? Or, are shields consumed by classes defined by duration? Or, are the first shields consumed those that are scheduled to expire first?

It may be increasingly important to understand how small, frequently refreshed shields like Deflection and Barrier Blades are prioritized for consumption vs. Gizzard shield or Galvanizing Ward.
Why does everything have to be so complicated. Not only that but how on earth would one test for shield consumption priority?
12/09/2015 05:11 PMPosted by Gendehar
Why does everything have to be so complicated. Not only that but how on earth would one test for shield consumption priority?

Stack two shields with a different remaining duration
Take some mount of damage less than the size of both together

A. If the size of your shield doesn't change when you would've expected the shorter duration shield to expire then it was consumed first.

B. If your shield size goes down by some number less than the full amount of the shorter duration shield when you'd expect the shorter duration shield to expire, then the shorter duration shield took damage first.

C. If your shield size goes down by an amount equal to the size of the shorter duration shield when that one is set to expire, then the longer duration shield was took damage first.

You can use similar logic for shields with known refresh times like gizzard or galvanizing. If your shield size doesn't go up when they're expected to refresh then they didn't take damage and whatever other shield you had active at the time did.
Looks like BDF wants to test it!

:P

Probably not worth testing until 2.4 is live since it's a PITA test and shield consumption priority may change prior to 2.4 launch.
12/09/2015 10:06 PMPosted by Vox
Looks like BDF wants to test it!

Probably not, but I was trying to figure out what kind of procedure one might use to do it. His question got me thinking about it so I wrote out my thoughts.

I think it would work, but it would be pretty annoying to try and carry out without a brawling partner.
:)