Patch 2.4.0 Focused Feedback - Set Dungeons

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 4 5 6

Finally beat Delsere. Had a tag-along friend to help with cleanup. Lucked out and finally got it. And yeah, it was luck. More RNGesus.

By comparison.

I nearly Mastered Tal Rasha's Set Dungeon on the first frigging try.

Had it not been for a no-warning rockwurm, I would have had it.

As such, no-warning rockworms seem to be the thing in the Tal Dungeon.

So yeah. When a rockwurm pops out from under you and there was NO animation, that isn't exactly what one would consider 'fair.'

edit

Attempt #5.

Lost due to being bitten by a rockworm that had not popped out of the ground yet.

Attempt #8

Lost due to being bitten by a rockwurm with no animation.
This occurred on the winning kill, by the way.

I have to say, a whole dungeon where the entire purpose is to watch the floor is absolutely exhilarating /s

Attempt #9

Was bitten by a rockworm that teleported.

Rockworm popped up 30 yards behind me.
I teleported in the opposite direction with clear line of site and no disturbed ground.

Teleport animation finishes. There is a fully emerged one eyes monster eating me at the landing site.

Attempt #11

Actually beat it, sans 1 monster. Which was apparently a rockwurm. Couldn't find it.

Attempt #13

Mastered.

It took 1/20th the time to beat Tal Rasha's Set Dungeon than it took to be Delsere's. Delsere's set dungeon should probably be revisited.

Firebird Dungeon time!

First attempt: What in the hell do you guys mean "Set 20 enemies on fire 3 times within 6 seconds."

You need some assistance in how to write instructions?

Do you mean:

"Set 3 groups of 20 monsters on fire with 6 seconds, six times" ?

Or do you mean:

"Set the same group of 20 monsters on fire 3 times in six seconds." ?

This was not exactly obvious at the start.

Still not obvious. Or the dungeon is bugged. I have not gotten 20 monsters to set on fire, and that is despite using skills that are 1) clearly fire and 2) doing fire damage.

Not even when there are 80+ monsters on the screen burning.

Attempt #6

I have burn passive
I have MW: Ignite
I have MM:Conflagrate
I have tried both blazing and mammoth hydra
I have tried big meteor
I have tried EB
I have tried fire WoF

There is a problem with this dungeon.

If someone who has beaten the Firebird Set Dungeon could speak up, that'd be great.

I have yet to set off any of the "burn 20 monsters" things. Even after watching youtube.
Firebird:
as the previous post suggest, one goal is not working.
also, the length at which Blizzard goes to make the rez-meteor seem useful is just sad. The low cooldown makes the skill useful, but the damage remains a non useful gimmick.

Invoker:
This was rather easy. Are the dungeons meant to be this easy? Are the others too hard then?`Especially since many dungeons have a "do NOT get hit" goal, and this opne has the exact opposite.
After Mastering all Barbarian and Crusader set dungeons I have concluded:
Don't bring followers, A friend could be useful if they stay back and pick off stray enemies you miss

In order of hardest to easiest IMO

#1 Wrath of the Wastes - Very Challenging but way to frustrating - due to not being able to take physical damage, Which also makes rending 10 enemies 5 times very challenging, It took several hours to get lucky enough to master this one.

#2 Legacy of Raekor - Challenging - feels good and appropriate - took an hour or so get this one

#3 Armor of Akkhan - Challenging - Feels good, took awhile to figure out how to get all 12 condemns and kill all enemies within the time limit. took 12 or so attempts.

#4 Might of the Earth - Challenging - Elites could use more health. I had to cut most my dps in order to hit Elites with leap, ground stomp, then earthquake, before that they died before i could use all 3 skills. after that it took a about 6 attempts.

#5 Rolands - somewhat challenging - but still fairly easy, feels ok
Took a few tries to balance spending wrath and hitting 12 enemies with 1 sweep and clearing the huge dungeon. got it on 3rd or 4th try.

#6 Seeker of the Light - Somewhat challenging - yet very easy. Maybe give elites had more health
Elites use mortar while still slightly of screen and out of range, making it easy to use falling sword and dispatch them right after the mortar stops, got it on 3rd try.

#7 Thorns of the Invoker - easy - not sure how i feel about it, Had to completely gimp my character. No shield, no legendary gems or topaz in weapon, no belt of the trove, and no follower. After that I got it on first try.

#8 Immortal King - way to easy - absolutely no challenge. got it on 2nd try. should of been first try lol
I tried the "of the Wastes" Barbarian set. Numbers indicate a rating, 1 being 'day one newbie' easy and 10 being 'I need a hack to do this'....or 1 I highly disagree to 10 I highly agree.

First my thoughts on the Barbarian set..

What is the name of the Set Dungeon you are testing?

"Of the Wastes"

How difficult was it to find the Set Dungeon based on the clue you received?

5 - Had a good idea, but was very vague since there are a lot of ancient fortresses you have to be really powerful to get to.

Do you feel this dungeon was too easy or too hard? Why?

10 - Was too hard, I did too much damage too quickly and lack of grouped mobs made
getting the rend 10 enemies at once 5 times goal impossible. Best i could do was RUN,
yes run, not whirlwind, and gather 7 mobs before I had to attack or get killed.
3 - Not get hit by physical was fine, i got tagged by a pendulum one time is all and that
was carelessness after realizing the rend goal was impossible.
1 - Enemies killed in X time was fine, did that without thinking of it.

Which objectives did you complete? [Basic] or [Mastery]?

1 - Basic - # of kills super easy, not getting hit by physical damage was easy as well

Which objectives did you find too difficult to complete?

10 - Rend 10 enemies at once 5 times...impossible for me, i can do about a solo grift 41
possibly 42-43 at my gear level and between lack of mobs, lack of grouped mobs, and
mobs dying too fast from whirlwind and/or dust devils it is an impossible goal.

What made them too difficult?

N/A - Between lack of mobs, lack of grouped mobs, and mobs dying too fast from
whirlwind and/or dust devils it is an impossible goal.

Do the challenges in this Set Dungeon feel appropriate for the respective set?

5 - 2/3 yes, mobs killed in X time...yes...not getting hit by a physical attack...yes...Rending 10
enemies at once 5 times...no...(extra reason for the no is not many barbarians use rend, i
have not seen one yet that use this build and set and use rend, only thing that could stay
alive long enough generally is the guardian and personally I find the shout to increase the
mobs dmg taken by 25% more useful more often)

Please provide a link to your profile or build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/meatt-1329/hero/67824097

If you're using items you found on PTR, consider using a site like D3 Planner to plot out your character.

My Barbarian did not use anything that dropped from PTR, he was a copy from my
seasonal Barbarian, so everything he has equipped is from Season 4.

If you are using an item that is new on PTR, please let us know!

No PTR items were used, all gear was from copied seasonal character.
This post is in regards to the Demon Hunter Marauder set. Numbers indicate a rating, 1 being 'day one newbie' easy and 10 being 'I need a hack to do this'....or 1 I highly disagree to 10 I highly agree.

"Marauder"

3 - Had to think for a second or two then figured out where it was, not too tough.

10 - Only reason I rated it a 10 here was "dont let any enemies in melee range" goal seems impossible. Maybe I dont know enough about the Demon Hunter but the worms that spawn underneath you appear in melee range, instantly, without warning thus failing that goal.

2 - # of kills in X time, made the goal without any worry of a time crunch.
1 - Keep 3 sentries up at all times, insanely easy since you want to maintain as many as possible up at all times for maximum damage buff.

10 - don't let any enemies into melee range.

Tunneling worms instantly spawn beneath you without any warning or sign of any kind and make that goal fail.

10 - Completely agree, IF you can see something coming or burrowing under you, you get away and let the turrets, pets, and your ranged attacks make short work of them.

Please provide a link to your profile or build

Profile link for my Demon Hunter is incorrect, does not list the PTR gear.

If you're using items you found on PTR, consider using a site like D3 Planner to plot out your character
If you are using an item that is new on PTR, please let us know!
sorry but this was just bad. i was very excited at first, but now i am just disappointed. Not even fun at all. i guess diablo is dying after all.
I tried the Uliana set dungeon and man, its so stupid. there are so few mobs there and ohhh. I guess i just agree with the rest of the people that have comented here.
The Set Dungeons is a great idea, but not very well made.....
Just tried the set dungeon and it is the most horrible unfun experience ever. People play diablo to fight the armies of the devil not dance around like a fairy princess trying to get 30 mobs to get hit by a slow time bubble. The objectives are stupid they have no real combat application and they are nearly completely random as to whether they are completable and to complete them i have to use a horrible build that isn't fun to play...these dungeons make players worse and they just aren't fun in any way shape or form.
12/31/2015 04:30 PMPosted by AFuzzyBadger
Just tried the set dungeon and it is the most horrible unfun experience ever. People play diablo to fight the armies of the devil not dance around like a fairy princess trying to get 30 mobs to get hit by a slow time bubble. The objectives are stupid they have no real combat application and they are nearly completely random as to whether they are completable and to complete them i have to use a horrible build that isn't fun to play...these dungeons make players worse and they just aren't fun in any way shape or form.

Yeah. I agree. It is essentially a "This is how the devs think you should be playing the game" Dungeon.
  • What is the name of the Set Dungeon you are testing?
  • Unhallowed Essence

• How difficult was it to find the Set Dungeon based on the clue you received?
  • Just looked it up, but having said that the clue makes sense.

• Do you feel this dungeon was too easy or too hard? Why?
  • This dungeon is difficult for the wrong reasons. First, it requires removing follower and companion/pet since the mob health is very low. Considering the dungeon requires 6 piece of a set it should be adjusted to compensate. Feels like playing on normal mode as the mobs die instantly.

Changing builds to complete a challenge is acceptable but tuning down a character to complete a challenge seems counter productive.

The thing I noticed most about the dungeon is the density. If the challenge requires X number of kills with ability X number of times it should capable of being completed more than the listed number in the objective. This leads to pausing the game and counting to make sure there's enough before firing off the ability.

A possible solution to making the player experience better would be shifting all the dungeons to an open map unlike Pandemonium Fortress. This would allow for multiple attempts on objectives and offer more build diversity. Alternatively if the map must stay as is increase mob density and health.

• Which objectives did you find too difficult to complete? What made them too difficult?
  • I completed all but one of the mastery due to low mob density. As mentioned above there are a number of solutions to address this.

• Do the challenges in this Set Dungeon feel appropriate for the respective set?
  • The challenges feel appropriate for the set however the objective for kill all enemies feels generic and unrelated to this set in any form. Consider changing this to include another ability or clever scenario.

• Please provide a link to your profile or build
  • http://www.diablofans.com/builds/67805-2-4-gr-75-80-ue-fire

• Other thoughts
  • The idea of set dungeons is great but it needs more work mostly in the creative part. It should feel like the player has multiple options of play style but still complete a list of objectives. Challenge is a good word to set the tone for these but it shouldn't be uninspiring or lack incentive for a player to even attempt them.

Allow the player to tune the difficulty up and down (within reason) and not their gear.

As mentioned before some quality of life changes could include a portal to the start after success/failure, another could be a menu under the objectives list to restart (returns player to portal entrance).

Jade Harvester

Medium

Imposible, because 1st locust swarm takes too much mana and if you are not used to using it you are screwed, mobs deal too much damage for you to get close and harvest them and yes i had pets

None

All of them

Mob densitiy, unfamiliar with the method of having to use locust swarm and haunt togheter

No, it should be more haunt based without locust swarm, if you want locust swarm to be there just add a bonus in the set
    Ok I tested and did a few: Firebird is nice, tal is a little easy, helltooth is hard but doable, arachyr is very easy.

But jade harvester is pretty damn hard.

Primary objective "Harvest 15 enemies" is easy after some tries, and might aswell not be there.
    Primary objective "Kill 100 Enemies" is even easier.

Mastery: "Kill all enemies" is insane.
    Im using angry chicken, to even make this dungeon somewhat possible. But the time is short.

What made it too difficult?

The stealth from the snakes and the timelimit . The overall damage is high, but reasonable, and adds difficulty without frustration.
    Its possible, but 15-30 seconds extra would make it be in line with other hard dungeons.
    https://youtu.be/UxMFx5Hi7_8?t=2m44s Damn, beating it felt good.
    This post is in regards to the Demon Hunter Marauder set. Numbers indicate a rating, 1 being 'day one newbie' easy and 10 being 'I need a hack to do this'....or 1 I highly disagree to 10 I highly agree.

10 - Only reason I rated it a 10 here was "dont let any enemies in melee range" goal seems impossible. Maybe I dont know enough about the Demon Hunter but the worms that spawn underneath you appear in melee range, instantly, without warning thus failing that goal.

10 - don't let any enemies into melee range.

Tunneling worms instantly spawn beneath you without any warning or sign of any kind and make that goal fail.

10 - Completely agree, IF you can see something coming or burrowing under you, you get away and let the turrets, pets, and your ranged attacks make short work of them.

this. i tried it about 30 times, every single time i failed because of the worms...
    DO these dungeons have to be "completed" on t10 or can it be lower?
    The message that pops up when you click the each dungeon entry portal tells you that the game difficulty does not effect the dungeon