Do item-created allies function as pets?

Witch Doctor
New player here. Bought the game a bit more than a month ago and have just been learning as I play instead of reading "spoilers". (Been having too much fun for spoilers. I gotta say Blizzard did D3 right... been really impressed.)

Annnyway, I've reached a point where I need some specific info on game mechanics. I decided to make my WD's #1 characteristic as being a pet-handler. I know that's not supposed to the uber-DPS concept in the game but I'm enjoying the build to much to care. Annnyway again I have the jelm that adds 100% to pet damage, the +damage gem, the +attack speed gloves, I use the pet-enhancement passive skills, I've goot some +physical damage. You get the point.

My zombie dog and my gargantuans fight just fine, but in keeping with the spirit of the pet theme I use a cubed weapon summoned efect too... either the 4 bovines, the ghodtly champ, or the demon slave. My question is, are these critters "pets"? Do they benefit from all the +pet gear mentioned above?

They seem to fight effectively. I have dobe some experimentqtion. But with all the variables it is hard to say for sure. So I am hoping somone who reads this does know for sure.

Thank you. (Tina the WD / Amandazon thhe Barbarian)
This might help ya

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Pet
I believe they do count as pets.

Also, the clones created from The Grin Reaper voodoo mask are considered pets and will benefit from pet bonuses such as Mask of Jeram.

Kanai's cube is a wonderful thing.
11/17/2015 11:33 AMPosted by REAPER666
This might help ya

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Pet

Hmmm does this mean MoJ with Arachyr will buff Toad damage to 1500% over 5 sec (up from 750%)

Also another question I had floating around in my head was when you Jinx a mob into a pig does that now count the mob as a beast and hence you could get the extra 30% damage from Pig Sticker??
Although Jinx is additive (I think) the %beasts is a standalone multiplier which may result into some nice numbers.
11/17/2015 12:21 PMPosted by stalkerfan
Also another question I had floating around in my head was when you Jinx a mob into a pig does that now count the mob as a beast and hence you could get the extra 30% damage from Pig Sticker??

woah, I hadn't thought of that, sounds neat...test it :)
Yep will try and get back into game tomorrow and give it a whirl :)
looks like they are all pets ans benefit. Makes sense or they'd be s non-fsctor and I do see them contribute.

Thanks to all. I've barely scratched the surface of the WD vversatility,,, all the commebnts have been interesting and helpful.