So let me get this straight..

Brawling
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
2008. We are shown "Diablo 3". Monsters climbing walls, your character climbing ladders and doing things and stuff which apparently was all a script sequence of lies to make it look better than it was..

We are shown an arena and PvP.......

2012 D3 launches. Inferno mode.."WE DOUBLED IT WITHOUT EVEN TESTING IT!" We now have a Pay 2 Progress game with no PvP even though PvP is on the box sitting in my closet.Item drops are controlled by the RMAH/AH. All the items ABSOLUTELY SUCK.

2013..we get "cool looking items" with no effects still and "paragon". Game still sucks AH still rules.

2014..RoS announced..new guy leading..new guy seems cool..he wants stronk items and smash demons with power..he also convinces blizz to shut down the AH. A step in the right direction

Now..2015..Diablo 3 is shoved into a small corner at blizzcon, barely mentioned..we have some patch content coming up which is not what I personally was looking forward to..the step in the right direction has seemed to come to a halt as this game is still a PvE leaderboard. We have an absolute rampant amount of botting going on which doesn't really matter as trade is dead.

And we still have no PvP.

So..that game you guys showed us in 2008..with the cool runes and environmental interactables and explosions and PvP..where is that game ?? What exactly did you sell us ? I bought this game entirely for the PvP that was advertised to me so excuse me if I seem rude but I believe that falls under false advertisement as its been three years and this "arena" that was shown to us in 2008 is still non existent and no mentions of it.

What exactly am I playing for ? Loot to kill monsters faster to get more useless loot which I can never use in a balanced PvP arena ? Only in stupid 1 click kill brawling ? The disappointment I feel is not easily put into words.
11/12/2015 05:24 PMPosted by Rot
So..that game you guys showed us in 2008..with the cool runes and environmental interactables and explosions and PvP..where is that game ?? What exactly did you sell us ? I bought this game entirely for the PvP

You bought the wrong game. Halo might be more up your alley. I really thought all the PVP guys had finally got it and moved on........guess not.
11/12/2015 05:29 PMPosted by Hakon
So..that game you guys showed us in 2008..with the cool runes and environmental interactables and explosions and PvP..where is that game ?? What exactly did you sell us ? I bought this game entirely for the PvP

You bought the wrong game. Halo might be more up your alley. I really thought all the PVP guys had finally got it and moved on........guess not.

Hard to move on when PvP teases me on my launch box. Didn't realize that false advertisement just means shut up PvP guy.
Some people want "balanced" PvP in a game that´s 90% gear, 10% skill, because on the games that are 100% skill they keep getting their axx kicked. So they think, if they implement PvP in diablo, they can spend hundreds of hours farming gear to beat someone up in the arena

I do agree with some points OP made though
We have PVP and its a joke. I one shot you or you one shot me. I get the desire for real challenge, but this is not the platform for it. They would have to make a scenario where we shed our paragons and our gear and hunt and peck in each instance like in other pvp games. Its a lot of work for a very little bit of interest. I am not saying "shut up PVP guy", I am saying we already have it, and without a LOT of changes, it just does not work in Diablo.
11/12/2015 05:31 PMPosted by Rot
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Hard to move on when PvP teases me on my launch box. Didn't realize that false advertisement just means shut up PvP guy.

They have stated many times now this is a PVE focused game. PVP is dead and probably is never going to happen. Move on and buy something else.
Most of the existing players dont want PVP and are glad there not wasting resources on it
PVP players have left cause they know its never going to make it into the game and probably wont work with the existing model
prepare for being downvoted by clueless pvp haters that think diablo is not supposed to be pvp game

anyway, +1 from me, agree with everything you said
11/12/2015 05:51 PMPosted by Infernal
prepare for being downvoted by clueless pvp haters that think diablo is not supposed to be pvp game

I am not clueless or a pvp hater. I have brawled a ton, and it is full on retarded. It can never work in its current iteration.

Wrong game? It said PvP on the box, they even released Arena pvping that looked fun - we signed up for this. How is that buying the wrong game? It should have said "Diablo 3 Dungeon Crawling Rice Farm simulator" on the box, then you could say that we bought the wrong game.
Hard to move on when PvP teases me on my launch box.

Old lie is old. It is not on the box. Lying and spamming is not going to get the PvP crowd what it wants.
Lying and spamming is not going to get the PvP crowd what it wants.

All your hard work and MVP tag won't help either.
11/12/2015 06:06 PMPosted by SWR
Lying and spamming is not going to get the PvP crowd what it wants.

All your hard work and MVP tag won't help either.

If people really want PvP then be constructive about it. Drop the spamming, drop the lies, drop the attacks on other players that appear in many of those threads. It does NOT encourage the Devs to create the PvP play some seek.

Instead address the actual reason behind why it does not exist with valid suggestions. This article here covers why they have not done it yet as well as the current status. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/diablo-3-developer-gives-update-on-pvp

"We are still talking about it," Mayberry admitted. "The thing to clarify is it has nothing to do with a lack of desire to do it. It really has to do with taking this game, underneath which lies an engine of randomness. With PvP, having everything be random and unbalanced isn’t what people want. So we have to find a way to really exploit the way the engine works in a way that doesn’t create a terribly unequal playing field.

"It’s something we still talk about, I mean I don’t think a week goes by without us discussing it. But with Reaper, we wanted to build on what we’d achieved with Diablo 3 and taking the game to that next level.

"PvP, if we do it, we’d have to go all in. That’s why it’s not in Reaper. But we’ll continue to look at it and, if we find a good solution, we’ll start down that road. Right now it’s sitting there on hold."

So, if people REALLY want it, then address the balance issues with good suggestions.
I have the box here, there is no PVP listed on the box.
my box is pvp
I have an idea, may be a really bad one but here it goes:

What if we are looking at this the wrong way. D3 has not been designed to have the standard player vs player (or team vs team) where we fight with each other to complete a task. Due to obvious reasons, rng in every aspect and the fact that we don't wanna strip our heroes from paragons/gear, this is not possible. How about if we look at this from a tournament perspective. For example:

Teams get the same dungeons, same mobs, same layouts and have a task to complete. If can be as simple as completing the same grift. They start at the same time, team vs team, and who ever wins moves to the next level, plays against another winning team on a new dungeon. So let's say after like 5 victories in a row reward is granted and points. Points are accumulated after each victory and leaderboards show the results. Teams with most victories are at the top.

There can be categories based on paragons and open categories where all paragons can play.

Just a basic idea to get us started. What do you think?
11/12/2015 06:44 PMPosted by Miki
I have an idea, may be a really bad one but here it goes:

What if we are looking at this the wrong way. D3 has not been designed to have the standard player vs player (or team vs team) where we fight with each other to complete a task. Due to obvious reasons, rng in every aspect and the fact that we don't wanna strip our heroes from paragons/gear, this is not possible. How about if we look at this from a tournament perspective. For example:

Teams get the same dungeons, same mobs, same layouts and have a task to complete. If can be as simple as completing the same grift. They start at the same time, team vs team, and who ever wins moves to the next level, plays against another winning team on a new dungeon. So let's say after like 5 victories in a row reward is granted and points. Points are accumulated after each victory and leaderboards show the results. Teams with most victories are at the top.

There can be categories based on paragons and open categories where all paragons can play.

Just a basic idea to get us started. What do you think?

Competitive farming? Damn I wish Blizzard North wasn't fired so I wouldn't have to see these ideas.
post photos of your boxes.... pretty easy to tell if one is photoshopped.

Post Viable Photos
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B0050SZC5U.01.lg.jpg

http://lone0001.ca/gallery/Unboxings/Diablo_3_Unboxing/IMG_1648.JPG
After para 800 I have zero motivation to play.

Yes, PvP has always been in the Diablo games. It was called Hostile. You could form teams or you could just be a lone wolf and try to go against everyone. It was fun. And to the contrary of what many believe, PvP in Diablo 2 was actually incredibly well balanced and dynamic post patch 1.10.

Dungeon crawling has always been the main focus of Diablo, but for some reason they decided that was 100% of what Diablo 3 was going to be about. In fact, in end-game Diablo 2, dungeon crawling was only a small fraction of what people did. Trading and PvP were the true end-game, and for good reason.

Dungeon crawling gets boring.

GIVE US PVP! GIVE US HOSTILE!

It was 3 Years ago. 3 YEARS. And you people are still going on about it.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant and not gotten 'exactly' what you ordered and then returned 3 years later to complain? Probably not because that would be ridiculous.

Anyone else would have gotten their PVP fix elsewhere but you seem to be unable to move on.

It isn't happening. I suggest you make peace with that.