rate the wizard above you

Wizard
I always enjoyed these type of threads. Let's start this up again?
7/10

Seems a pretty basic, but interesting setup. Doesn't seem to be purposed oriented either. Are you using the build for Grifting or just doing stuff in rift/bounties/KW ?

Also, maybe you should try to use nilfur as cube power if you don't need much vitality and use another firebird piece for 4 piece bonus.

And I'm not sure about familiar, but don't you have any arcane damage dealer?

And why starfire? There's lot more of decent usable one hander with proc effect that would add decent effect to your build.

All in all you can get around with this build, but it's far from optimum and there's lot of place for improvement.

For the next guy, feel free to rate any of my wiz (season or not) or all of them if you want. But if you pick one be sure to tell wich one your rating.
Most of your gear choices make sense, but some are just confusing. skill choices are good for what you're using your wizards for. the most important thing you could do right now is get better/ancient gear, but that will come with time.

overall, i'd give your wizards an average 6/10
@Ryoka
Nice Gesture of Orpheus, nice Chantodo's Will, nice Sun Keeper. You get extra credit for having a legacy ancient Gesture of Orpheus.

If it weren't for your perfect 200% roll on Nilfur's, I'd penalize you for not cubing Nilfur's.

I like your gold build. You're also decked out with ancients on your Archon and DelRasha wizard. Very nice indeed!

10/10
11/23/2015 09:52 AMPosted by Thaynima
7/10

Seems a pretty basic, but interesting setup. Doesn't seem to be purposed oriented either. Are you using the build for Grifting or just doing stuff in rift/bounties/KW ?

I am grifting. I don't claim to be very good at this game, but I enjoy it a lot. So far I've gotten up to level 45 greater rift.

Also, maybe you should try to use nilfur as cube power if you don't need much vitality and use another firebird piece for 4 piece bonus.

I have found that the extra life really helps.

And I'm not sure about familiar, but don't you have any arcane damage dealer?

I am not sure what I should do for the arcane? I know it makes sense to so I can get the 4th Tal stack, but I haven't figured out what I should do. edit: I tried out black hole instead of familiar. I like it, I do slightly better, but still can't beat grift 45.

And why starfire? There's lot more of decent usable one hander with proc effect that would add decent effect to your build.

[/quote]

I haven't found anything better yet. I just use this because it is the highest damage weapon I've found so far.

@NSlay (and another poster can give a more proper review of NSlay, since I'm not worthy) 9/10. Only reason I don't give you 10 is because I don't really like some of your choices (what's up with the Death Watch Mantle? Why Strongarms? Maybe someone can explain why that's good) Also I would think a 10 would have all ancient in every slot.
@Balthazar

6/10, you can do so much better with few easy steps, but you have been rated already.

Here is me this season:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mad1Lee-2243/hero/67539708

Please note that it's hardcore and those are my second DB farming wiz, and third (!!!) Archon wiz. Not even playing Archon wiz, just put the gear on I had saved for dark days and moved on to Witch Doctor to be able to farm T10 in groups.
@Mad1Lee
Nice 2.1/2.2 Firebirds Wizard. Some items could be better. When you last played it ancients probably did not exist yet.

Interesting DB build. I know there is a DB build floating around the forums but I'm not familiar with it. Still looks fun.

Frozen Orb build. Very nice! The Gesture of Orpheus could be better. Amazing Talisman of Aranoch! Every single one of those I find tend to suck. Could use an ancient Triumvirate.

Nice Archon build. You rolled IAS on the Chantodo's, why not LoH? I guess you get some LoH from your ring. LoH on weapon would be more than double what your ring has. But it's a very nice Chantodo's!

9/10

11/23/2015 07:49 PMPosted by Balthazar
@NSlay (and another poster can give a more proper review of NSlay, since I'm not worthy) 9/10. Only reason I don't give you 10 is because I don't really like some of your choices (what's up with the Death Watch Mantle? Why Strongarms? Maybe someone can explain why that's good) Also I would think a 10 would have all ancient in every slot.

Ah, you looked my experimental Rimeheart build. I was inspired a little by @Malakai and his AT build. My Rimeheart Wizard is intended to be hit somewhat often to trigger Halo and freeze everything around it and supplements Blizzard/Frozen Solid. Since the Wizard is often in a melee range with monsters, the Death Watch Mantle offers a free 750-950% extra damage for free. But I could have chosen Pauldrons of the Skeleton King. Relatively obscure, Black Hole's pull is considered a knockback effect and Strongarms buffs damage a lot.
@nslay

9/10
i checked out the first female wizard in your hero list and im quite jelly, your gear is rather awesome but im slightly confused on some of your skill choices. my puny brain is probably just having a hard time fathoming your awesomeness.

rate a 9 simply because theres always room for improvement.
@zanex09
You looked at my experimental Rimeheart build. My DelRasha Wizard (second female Wizard) is my pride and joy of Diablo 3.
For a very rough description of the first Wizard, see here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19892049451
There have been modifications since that post of course.

Nobody has reviewed you yet! Let's see...

• Pretty gutsy using Illusory Boots over Teleport. I like Illusory Boots, but I always have trouble surviving with them. If you can make them work, kudos to you.
  • Nice Traveler's Pledge. Although the IAS on the amulet doesn't look that useful for your build (aside of MM). I could be wrong.
  • The Compass Rose ring could be better with a socket. Legendary gems do tend to help a lot.
    Decent Mirrorball. An ancient source would help a lot. Although since you're running Arcane Orb, maybe Triumvirate would help more.
  • Cubing RoRG would open a ring slot for a better ring. Although, I have no experience with Overwhelming Desire. I would imagine that you would benefit more from a better ring.
  • I would imagine BotT would benefit you more than Simplicity's Strength since you are using Slow Time.
  • Unstable Anamoly as a passive is very useful. If you can cope without it, more power to you!

7/10

I would say that finding rings with sockets and using legendary gems will empower you quite a bit. Cubing RoRG and using a better ring will probably help a lot too. Lastly, for items missing any resistance, I would seek replacements that have some sort of resistance.

I'm not very familiar with AO builds. I would say that BotT, Zei's and Esoteric Alteration/Gizzard would benefit your build most. Search the forums for any discussion covering legendary gems for AO builds.

If you're actively avoiding damage, I find Moratorium to be very effective for damage mitigation and unlike Esoteric Alteration, covers all damage types. Moratorium will offer at most 25% damage reduction at any given moment. It deals 1/4 the average damage over the past <stagger> seconds every second. Avoiding damage often keeps the stagger damage down to something negligible that paragon life regen compensates. Increasing stagger duration with this type of damage avoidance strategy essentially pushes down stagger damage further and consequently pushes your instantaneous damage reduction closer to 25% (the limiting case being 25%).

I'm not really all that awesome. There are better Wizard players on this forum for sure. There is no need for the extreme humility.
@nslay

Your DelRasha Wiz is interesting. I haven't tried this build but there seems to be a trade off to maximize resource reduction. Your vitality and toughness seems a bit low but maybe it's enough for this build? Equipment wise everything is pretty good and that Tal's ammy is awesome.

8/10
Nice LuckyDog! You have some sick gear. I'd say 9.5/10.

A couple of pieces could be improved on slightly. Your Restraint isn't the best, it'll be something closer to 50% CHD with better secondaries ideally. At your gear level, you should definitely be aiming for a better ring than that. Your Tal's belt could be better, it could have more freeze chance... :P Just kidding, that's a pretty sick belt. Most of your gear is pretty much perfect. Should really roll your boots to 15% meteor and your bracers to 20% lightning though.

The only change I'd probably make is Pain Enhancer. Seems a little out of place with a full ranged build. You aren't really getting any value from the secondary. The extra weapon damage adds a little, for sure, but it's not that much in the grand scheme of things. I'd opt for a defensive gem, probably Gizzard but Esoteric is also solid.

---

Take your choice from my wizards, seasonal or non. My main Archon wizard is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TinneOnnMuin-1187/hero/69679178 but be gentle on her. Iella the second died last weekend (DC) pushing GR67 so Iella the third still needs a few upgrades.
@TinneOnnMuin

9/10 Arcane/Hydra with lots of crit and crit dmg, very nice.
@ericneo

Well, you're relatively low para, so I'll be gentle. Still need a lot of work, but all the gear will come with time. On the other hand, you've already acquired a good mirrorball; something I have yet to do with my couple thousand hours of play time. So you got that going for you. I would say 5/10, but I'm bumping you to 7/10 for using lightning hydra. Us lightning hydra wiz's gotta support each other.
8/10 because you gave me some ideas to improve my own build although I don't understand the Zei's Stone gem.
? ^ can't see your profile
I will juste rate boobles as it's the only one that got a complete setup.

6/10 All around the gear choice and skill is here. Altought I still can't understand how you can make good use of Strongarm. I would rather use sparthan defender and keep the cube armor slot to cindercoat or even better Pride's fall helm as your both using blizzard,meteor and teleport as spender. Also Gizzard have a good defensive purpose. But at your level, having around 30-40k LoH would still give you enough help to survive (especialy with parthan and calamity) and will allow you to use a more offensive gem. Also bane of the trap is limited to 20% damage. You could do much more with bane of the trapped or even Taeguk to some extent (as you seem to be a heavy AP spender). Zei could be usefull also as you seem to use more far range spell than close one. Still that setup seem to work well altogether, but it could be upgraded a bit more there and there. I suggest you play around to see what fit better. Also, lack of ancient hurt your overall capabilities, but as everyone would say, those gear will come in time.

Altought I can't say I'm an expert at building excellent wiz, that was my opinion.
@Thaynima

Your archon wiz has some room to grow. You are missing 2 crit chance rolls and one chd roll and you havent gifted your wand (RNG can be a cruel mistress). That is a lot of dps to be me missing. You have 4 non ancient armor pieces which hurts but isnt game breaking. Your APD bracers have the lowest possible roll, Id hunt down some new ones if possible.

I see you have a heal monk. Use her! and get those gems over the 40's. Thats a nice chunk of dps there. Sadly your chants rolled life on kill so it cant roll LoH.

With a 10 being leaderboard materiel id give you a 7.5. Plenty of room for improvement but you have done the best you could with those rolls so far and prioritized the right stats.
i dont know much about builds tbh, enjoy playing it my way. ^ Your built looks sick though! Will rate it 9/10. (cause i know there will always be room to grow)
Ah the Asheara's set, it's a bit old school but it reminds me my wizard during early RoS. I used it for a very long time with Tal Rasha until Firebird got buffed in 2.1.

You're pretty lucky to find an ancient woh at under p400. Not bad for a relatively new Wiz overall.
@hunterkiller

Super cool Delrasha build man. energy twister prolly doin some work too, looks fun! 9/10 cause you need a few more ancients.