Tal Rasha Change!

Wizard
1 2 3 5 Next
Tal Rasha's Elements 6p: Attacks increase your damage by 300% (up from 200%) for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. Adding a stack refreshes the duration.

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_028 Attacks increase your damage by [{VALUE1}*100]% for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. Adding a stack refreshesAt 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.

That is huge. If the damage reduction passive for standing in a bubble is part of the DMO4 bonus then Delrasha will live on, I'd suggest.
Venaliter:
Del'Rasa might be dead. Four elements and Slow Time and an armor spell leaves no room for MW-CON.Or, it would be better to run Conduit and no armor spell.
You can do it, but you have to sacrifice.
Srsly, fk DelRasha. I hope DMO and Tal can stand on their own and actually use their plenty choices of legendaries. DMO has so many items. I hope there will be 6DMO that beat DelR. It will probably be great in groups aswell
Well if they are replacing the current 4pc with this, then Delrasha is dead. If they have added it to the existing 4pc... actually you are right that is too much to hope for. TR being a permanent 13x multiplier before F+R with a 2000% bubble is probably OP. It is more likely that this change to the DMO4 is what allowed them to further buff the TR6.

Oh well. That's nearly a 30x multiplier for TR with F+R. Makes it a great set its own right. Will be a great DB farming set when combined with Sage's as well.

11/19/2015 03:40 PMPosted by WalkinTall
Srsly, fk DelRasha. I hope DMO and Tal can stand on their own and actually use their plenty choices of legendaries. DMO has so many items. I hope there will be 6DMO that beat DelR. It will probably be great in groups aswell

Yeah, this is probably for the best. I'll most likely play Firebird anyway. All 3 sets will have their place. Yes, I'm ignoring Vyr's because **** Vyr's.
11/19/2015 03:37 PMPosted by Venaliter
Del'Rasa might be dead. Four elements and Slow Time and an armor spell leaves no room for MW-CON.You can do it, but you have to give up Conduit.

But the new Del's 4 appears to be a damage redux for you and allies. No need for armor spell... Del'rasha might not be dead
11/19/2015 04:21 PMPosted by kasper301615
Del'Rasa might be dead. Four elements and Slow Time and an armor spell leaves no room for MW-CON.You can do it, but you have to give up Conduit.

But the new Del's 4 appears to be a damage redux for you and allies. No need for armor spell... Del'rasha might not be dead

True. But you'd have to use AetherWalker(and give up Vixier or Furnace or whatever) and give up a ring slot and three possible leg. affixes. That may not be a big deal.

on the other hand, Its Shoulder, Hands/Helm/Leg/Feet and your choice of Source/Amulet for Del'Rasha. Amulet/Source are competitive slots.

So excited. We need to see where the new leg. Affix that doubles Shields is located. Shoulders/Bracer, plox. Anything but Source.
Now we just need the 4p on Tals to increase all resistances and Wizards may actually be in a very decent place....
11/19/2015 04:40 PMPosted by Venaliter
So excited. We need to see where the new leg. Affix that doubles Shields is located. Shoulders/Bracer, plox. Anything but Source.

Where do you see that it's double?

I would assume Chest (kinda would make most sense but I could be wrong). Hopefully it's the new Dark Shade?
11/19/2015 04:43 PMPosted by kasper301615
11/19/2015 04:40 PMPosted by Venaliter

Where do you see that it's double?

I would assume Chest (kinda would make most sense but I could be wrong). Hopefully it's the new Dark Shade?

I vote for Shoulder. Such a boring slot unless your channeling. Its the last datamined leg. Power, btw. May not be doubled. I misread it.
We did it!!!!
[quote="Venaliter"] Del'Rasa might be dead. Four elements and Slow Time and an armor spell leaves no room for MW-CON.Or, it would be better to run Conduit and no armor spell.
You can do it, but you have to sacrifice.

After some playing around and minor theorycrafting, I think Del'rasha is dead, and buried. Particularly if they removed the dot.
Some kind of channeling Tal Rasha might work best, depending how the stacks get refreshed. Cast spells to load up the DoT, then channel with sigil. I'm presuming that just channeling one spell will then add to the duration each tick.

TR looks like it will be the best set for TX especially since it can be combined with Sage.
11/19/2015 10:35 PMPosted by Badesumofu
depending how the stacks get refreshed

it looks like they dont refresh at all. They removed "Adding a stack refreshes the duration" thing. I think first u need to make 4 stacks by doing 4 different atacks, then at 4 stack u need to do 4 different atacks again, to extend the duration by 8 seconds. And after buffs expired (no mention of refreshing it, only extending the duration up to a maximum) u need to do all this again. Or it could be that at 4 stacks u need to spam every 2 second different spell to keep extending the duration.

To me it sounds like we need to spam atacks even more.
Channeling is probably going to end up best with any set. The good news is it appears we'll have 3 sets to choose from to do it.

While Tal Rasha changes are badly needed, I doubt they'll bridge the gap. Delsere is still getting a 50% higher damage multiplier and (assuming the new 4p is 50% DR) it also gets a better defense. TR4 badly needs to buff all resistances, and by more than 100%, to be competitive.

On the bright side, Delsere probably can compete with Firebird now. It's going to be slower in the clear, but gets twice the damage vs the RG.

11/20/2015 12:05 AMPosted by Infinity
it looks like they dont refresh at all. They removed "Adding a stack refreshes the duration" thing. I think first u need to make 4 stacks by doing 4 different atacks, then at 4 stack u need to do 4 different atacks again, to extend the duration by 8 seconds.

Read it again. It starts at 8 seconds and is extended, up to 8 seconds, by doing extra attacks at 4 stacks. That means a refresh of the duration.
11/20/2015 12:13 AMPosted by Feanor
Read it again. It starts at 8 seconds and is extended, up to 8 seconds, by doing extra attacks at 4 stacks. That means a refresh of the duration.

Wording like this is just too much open to interpretation, but yeah making it only +8 sec after achieving 4 stacks would be plain stupid. Anyway, how does it work after actually achieving 4 stacks? Say, if you spam only Meteor Shower, will you get stuck at 2sec duration? If you spam just Glacial Spike and Meteor shower, will you top at 4sec etc....? Or do you actually need to alternate between two or more spells to retain the stacks?
It says each different elemental attack adds 2 seconds to the duration up to a maximum of 8 seconds. That seems fairly clear to me except for the word 'different'. It might be that we need to alternate elements to keep extending the duration, which would hurt channeling somewhat, although you could include an EB alternate with, without breaking the channel.

We'll find out soon enough.
11/20/2015 02:19 AMPosted by Samyaza
Wording like this is just too much open to interpretation, but yeah making it only +8 sec after achieving 4 stacks would be plain stupid. Anyway, how does it work after actually achieving 4 stacks? Say, if you spam only Meteor Shower, will you get stuck at 2sec duration? If you spam just Glacial Spike and Meteor shower, will you top at 4sec etc....? Or do you actually need to alternate between two or more spells to retain the stacks?

It's only a guess, but IMO the intent is to cycle all four elements over the course of 8 seconds to maintain the buff. Which isn't too bad. 8 seconds is manageable even if you want to channel, as you'd likely want to reposition yourself anyways.
I read it that it works exactly like it does now, but you can refresh the Six piece bonus for an additional 8 seconds for better uptime of the full 1200% bonus.

It might actually mean you can use Black Hole as one of your elemental casts with some CDR. Cool.

Teleport-Calamity/Spender/Signature/Black Hole/MW-Conduit/Force Armor. I'd probably use Supermassive and keep the signature as Glacial Spike.
11/20/2015 04:22 AMPosted by Venaliter
I read it that it works exactly like it does now, but you can refresh the Six piece bonus for an additional 8 seconds for better uptime of the full 1200% bonus.

It would be quite clumsy if you could only extend the duration once, to 16 seconds. It would help but it would feel like something rushed and unfinished. The wording leaves room for interpretation, so we'll have to wait for the PTR update and see how it actually works.
11/20/2015 04:22 AMPosted by Venaliter

To me the wording implies that it would work like this:

T=0s Arcane Attack       Stacks=1    Remaining Buff duration = 8s
T=1s Fire Attack            Stacks=2    Remaining Buff duration = 8s
T=2s Ice Attack              Stacks=3    Remaining Buff duration = 8s
T=4s Lightning Attack    Stacks=4    Remaining Buff duration = 8s
T=5s Arcane Attack       Stacks=4    Remaining Buff duration = 9s
T=6s Fire Attack            Stacks=4    Remaining Buff duration = 10s
T=7s Ice Attack              Stacks=4    Remaining Buff duration = 11s
T=8s Lightning Attack    Stacks=4    Remaining Buff duration = 12s
T=20s All Stacks expire.

While building stacks, each attack grants a full 8 second refresh, but while at max stacks, each elemental attack only offers a 2 second refresh, and that it is still guaranteed to always fall back to zero eventually. What this will mean in practice I think is that people will generally only use their 'easy' to cast attacks for the second round of refreshes. Things that don't take an attack turn, other than their main damaging attacks.