[2.4] Static Charge 180% to 50%...30%...40%!

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
They didnt even touch the singletarget dmg of Static Charge.....
SC nerf
Heal nerf

What's the point in playing monk now before the new patch?

Oh I know, paragon farming. Yay for us.

/sarcasm
Now that the thing is done, what do you think would be a suitable compensation? How much and why?
Really is annoying as !@#$ because static charge by itself is fine as a skill. Honestly, so is mantra of healing. I don't see why that skill had to be nerfed to total trash mode at 7%. The development team nerfs things in regards to builds, rather than in regards to a skill itself. You have to isolate a skill and ask yourself if it is overpowered, not this retard random nerf bat/ build hate %^-* blizzard has done since ROS launched. As someone who actually created the SC build, it's a slap in the face x2, but I'm not really surprised because blizzard always does this, which is why we hide our builds in the first place.

If the development team didn't like the interaction between SC and Inna's 6 piece, then they should have done something to inna's 6 piece, but now they killed straight up generator / SC builds not using Inna's 6.. so that we would use their annoying sets, but now even that's a bit meh.. so if you want to use a generator, you have to use inna's 6 and you have to use SC, because all the other runes still aren't competitive enough, except now you do 77% less damage.. Teehheeee!

Also, notice how hardly anyone is even commenting or whining about the SC nerf from this update? It's because all the poser monk players that never really cared about monk in the first place were forced to play one this past season and now they can all go back to playing their little DH's, wiz dogs, barbs, and saders.

O well, I quit this game 2 months-ish ago since ROBOTS have taken over and blizzard refuses to do anything about it. Maybe next, next patch they will do something about paragon and botting.
Compensation? Don't know about that. Hoping blizz has something in the works already, maybe the first nerf was just to test the waters. You know, nerf hard initially, bring the level back up pre release. Fingers crossed. I was so looking forward to trying SC Shen R2 I6.

I'd love it if they buffed the other generators to a competitive level though. And while they're at it (as someone already mentioned) change raiment to a pure generator set. Tie in a revamped combination strike perhaps? Increased dodge and damage % for every equipped generator, now that would be cool. Keep the dashing strike mechanic but make it so that it detonates (much like ulianas and sss, and jade harvester) dots placed by generators (as a new set bonus). Voila, instant aoe.
11/26/2015 05:09 AMPosted by shinji
Compensation? Don't know about that. Hoping blizz has something in the works already, maybe the first nerf was just to test the waters. You know, nerf hard initially, bring the level back up pre release. Fingers crossed. I was so looking forward to trying SC Shen R2 I6.

I'd love it if they buffed the other generators to a competitive level though. And while they're at it (as someone already mentioned) change raiment to a pure generator set. Tie in a revamped combination strike perhaps? Increased dodge and damage % for every equipped generator, now that would be cool. Keep the dashing strike mechanic but make it so that it detonates (much like ulianas and sss, and jade harvester) dots placed by generators (as a new set bonus). Voila, instant aoe.

I like the idea of rainment generator. I myself is very strongly for making rainment a pure generator set. That itself would be a very one of a kind set.
What you proposed could work if the damage of dashing strike would employ a stacking charge mechanic similar to barb raekor 6pc.
Though I would buff generators skills more and keep ds as a mobility and mechanic enabler to buff generators and defense.
Yes, a pure generator set would be great stuff indeed.
I think that the "play your way" slogan & sticky topic at General Discussion Forum is ironic.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12943774993

The reality from devs to players is "play OUR way".

"We give you these items & this set, and you play this way."

I.E.: Uliana + Binding of the lost.

The fact is that some chinese guy discovered an awesome unexpected & unplanned build, and the devs are mad.

So they are nerfing all our ways to be in a 4 player group for next season.

They are sick of monks.

Is Diablo 3 a "Play your way" game?

No.
It is not.
^

"Play your way Thursday" renamed
"Play your way Thursday (as long as you choose one of our fine pre-determined sets and playstyles)"
11/25/2015 01:25 AMPosted by WhiteWizzard
When the music's over...Turn out the lights......

Damnit damnit damnit. Beautiful reference my friend. Hope u read this :(
any chance they reconsider? please excuse me for being very newb to this forum. I know it is a hated affix lol, cut !@#$ really?
11/25/2015 01:17 PMPosted by Davlok
For S5, it seems like we will have 4 "useful" sets with Sunwuko and Inna being buffed up to Raiment 6 potential (with no tweaks yet). While Uliana getting a simple damage buff and apparent incumbent top set. The part I don't like is Inna 6 pc gameplay seems to just be spamming a non-damaging skill like Cyclone Strike to reduce the cooldown of Mystic Ally via zodiac to always keep the active up. Reminds me exactly of the first version of Sunwuko mantra/sw spam.

But who knows, maybe 50% static is still going to be #1 ^

Theres nothing useful about sunwuko past seasons start.. maybe a zdps build..

As far as I can tell, LoN is still better for all of the swk moves..

Besides, As far as top damage, if were talking about just sunwuko, you need to have 6 pieces to do less damage for a team than 4 pieces could live..

WoL (highest damage rune) x 11 < EP cold x 6 and why is SW even involved?

Innas is fun man, I had fun even before using it with gen..

Without a doubt Generator is still # 1, whether SC or FoF + some other item is better or mangle i dunno
What bunch of c@?%s work at Blizz.
Wow, a character has been created that has useful skills as solo and degrees of synergy for groups.
A character that should set the lead for all classes to follow.
F@?k that.
Let's nerf the group synergy even though we sell this as a multiplayer game.
And because we are such a heads up the !@#$, backward thinking group we'll nerf the solo too.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to the dark ages.
I did thx for the props. .....:)
We need to start complaining as a class.

BTW I think FOF alone now is better than FOF/SC -- its close at least

which means most monks would do better with mangle probably* .. thinkin of tryin mangle assim
11/25/2015 10:29 PMPosted by shinji
SC nerf
Heal nerf

What's the point in playing monk now before the new patch?

Oh I know, paragon farming. Yay for us.

/sarcasm

Hey you just answered the big problem lol.

What we should do: instead progressing we should start to farm, grind us to 5000+ paragon levels, then we will win the progress game. 21000+ dex, that's way better than any damage buff. :DDD

the new meta for monks: paragon build

Thank you Blizz for showing us the light, the path to success by nerfing the SC. We can go on a warpath now. :)
I don't get it. They already removed the ability for other players to trigger SC. Now they gut it even more? Blizzard you telling us you don't like how we play is getting old. Want something else to be stronger? Then buff it, stop nerfing fun builds.
I really do not see much that 2.4 has to offer, and I have no tolerance for nerfs of any sort. It may be time to take a break from this.
+1. Im sick of seeing builds gets destroyed.
Buff other gens so we have more choice.

i loved playing SC but id rather have 5 different gen choices with runes then SC.

but i dont think will gonna get either :(
SC monk will be dead regardless, as the only way it can survive high GR's is with a healing monk, and to my understanding, the healing monk will be nerfed beyond use next patch.