Why no auction house?

General Discussion
12/24/2016 03:11 PMPosted by HelloKitty
12/24/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Rex
If Trading "Ruined" the game why is d2 still booming and D3 ROS dead?
Wrong and wrong. Diablo 2 is in maintenance mode with only a handful of players, many of whom use mods and play offline. Diablo 3 still has millions of active players.

Trading is fun and makes you more involved in the community.
Trading is tedious and ruins the "self found" aspects of a loot-hunting game. And if by "community" you mean spam-bots and third party sites, then I don't want any part of that community.

D3 is a singleplayer game that you can only play online for some reason.
As a solo player I have no problem with this, only that it is completely false. If you want to get ahead or be on the leader boards in Diablo 3, you need to play in a closely-knit, coordinated group of dedicated players.

Diablo 2 still got a lot players, and trading does not ruin the game, 3rd party sites less f**ks given about them, if you want to get your account hi jacked go ahead. It doesn't make my life better or worst. This game lack of content in it. You can only go one place and do 1 thing kill elites..... Do you see a lot fun here? I can go back to d2 and play for a week over and over and it will be fun and competitive.

D3 got elite kills for drops and leadership board. <== that is not fun, or at least not worth $50 that i paid for it. To do all that and a lot more i could of done in path of exiles for free.
Okay some people would definitely get hurt by this, but the bold truth is that AH is removed due to the fault in game design, specifically the itemization. Poor itemization causes inability for players to progress and therefore being forced to use the AH. If itemization were better then there is no need for players to utilize the AH.
12/24/2016 10:27 PMPosted by Hauw
Okay some people would definitely get hurt by this, but the bold truth is that AH is removed due to the fault in game design, specifically the itemization.

Nah, trading was removed due to "i can't find that item* and it's so very expensive in the AH"-q.qs

*high-end item ofc, because everything else is crap after having invested 10-50 hours of playing this game.
Lack of trading is probably #2 reason why this game is not as good as it could have been.

Would there be a way to bring back an auction house that didnt use $$$, and somehow utilized a system in which 3rd party could not benefit from it? Like a Token system or something?

Items are easier to be found now but, when you need to find more precise rolls, the AH or trading would be real !@#$in nice to have rather than fishing through layers and layers and layers of random bull%^-*. OR, trying to find items for other classes when those other classes have supbar items, the quest for fire becomes loathsome.
Diablo 3 still has millions of active players.

Baaaaahahaha!

If only... after the big ban waves in the summer, two of my chars made it automatically on the leader board, even though I only played for stash tab during that particular season.

Millions of active players... where are they? All solo players in closed games on Normal difficulty?
Trading is tedious and ruins the "self found" aspects of a loot-hunting game.

So how come if I have the ability to give an item to a friend of mine (who wasn't in the game when the item dropped) ruins your ability to find and craft items for yourself via the cube?
[quote]
So how come if I have the ability to give an item to a friend of mine (who wasn't in the game when the item dropped) ruins your ability to find and craft items for yourself via the cube?

blizz would probably lower the drop rates then. but gamer could still use the cube to craft and reroll them.
cry more, when i first had d3 the loot was so bad and rare to the point AH and botters ruined the game. Those little dlcks who wants AH back are just botters that wants to exploit the game for real money. AH for GOLD only maybe, real money get lost botters
Auction House was more of a "PAY TO WIN" issue and the poor ones complained.

And now with Loot 2.0 and Paragons, It is a "PLAY TO WIN" issue and the casuals complained.

There is no win win solution. SUCK

My Suggestion:
Create Realms that allow AH and one without AH.
Obviously if you want AH, go there.... I stay on my current no AH.
12/24/2016 03:11 PMPosted by HelloKitty
If Trading "Ruined" the game why is d2 still booming and D3 ROS dead?
Wrong and wrong. Diablo 2 is in maintenance mode with only a handful of players, many of whom use mods and play offline. Diablo 3 still has millions of active players.

Trading is fun and makes you more involved in the community.
Trading is tedious and ruins the "self found" aspects of a loot-hunting game. And if by "community" you mean spam-bots and third party sites, then I don't want any part of that community.

D3 is a singleplayer game that you can only play online for some reason.
As a solo player I have no problem with this, only that it is completely false. If you want to get ahead or be on the leader boards in Diablo 3, you need to play in a closely-knit, coordinated group of dedicated players.
Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?
01/15/2017 03:35 AMPosted by SoD
cry more, when i first had d3 the loot was so bad and rare to the point AH and botters ruined the game. Those little dlcks who wants AH back are just botters that wants to exploit the game for real money. AH for GOLD only maybe, real money get lost botters
If you spent 1/2 the time playing the game then you probably did !@#$%ing about the AH, you might have been able to actually make some real $ too. Then you wouldn't call normal people like myself who simply sold things they didn't need, when they found them for real money, "botters".
01/15/2017 06:00 AMPosted by Astig
My Suggestion:
Create Realms that allow AH and one without AH.
Problem is, people would still use the AH one and then complain about it anyway, because more people would be on it and support for non AH would dry up.
We don't have it anymore because Blizzard don't want us to eat like they do with DLC :/

Guys, we need to generate income to buy more things from you @Blizzard
12/20/2015 12:15 AMPosted by Taiga
Most people that are against trading or the AH don't even understand its impact in the game or why trading worked just fine in D2 but not D3.

Trading worked just fine in Diablo II and Diablo III
:-)
People are scared of real money ^^
02/02/2018 02:07 PMPosted by MADARA
People are scared of real money ^^

People are scared of their own shadows.
;-)
I have not read all the comments, but it is certainly the state behind it, too stupid parents come home and son has earned more money legally on the computer than the parents earn together a day, and in a brutal VideoGame, someone should tell me the now that Diablo 3 I think has 1000 fewer bugs, the RMAH right now, for example, with Season 13 is totally wrong and always the cheap excuse with the bots then storm the RMAH, just now where Botter did not even know how he got an RMAH bot could still program, and in my time you could pay out the daily maximum of 250Euros and every 24 hours and I do not want to talk about how Buggy Diablo3 was. And in the end, there is the best search sites and look what you can ALWAYS sell everything. Funny websites where u can sell Things, but discrimnation of RMAH not more not less in my Eyes. And thx Blizzard to deleting my RMAH Post, some Weeks ago, and i want talk anymore or answer on a Question, coz u need just think logically. Example "Son stop to play this stupid Game, omg check out my Paypal account Mom..." imagine that. Iam out.