Where Is This Game Going ?

General Discussion
I had no idea that D3 was going to be the way it's been since it's release . I thought as time went on , different gear and set's would be developed and worked on so most of them would become usable and players would be able to pick and choose builds and change to different builds if they get bored with one.

I thought that as new gear and sets came to us the others would remain viable and we would have so much diversity as time went on that no one would have a reason to be upset because new gear and set's would come our way but yet we could play the other older builds as well .

I thought this game was going to be great with massive gear varieties so players would never get bored with this game .

I had no idea we would be limited to a build or two for each class at every patch and have to start the grind over and over to gear up for the next increment . Then , because of lack of stash space we are forced to liquidate items that become viable later and then guess what ??? Gee , the builds that are viable now require me to have the gear I have liquidated a while ago because I couldn't store all this loot ! Dammit , now I have to start from scratch again .

I'm not against nerfing something down some if it's obviously over powered , but for the dev's to just go in and destroy builds because they want us all to use something new they create , which by the way may not be even close to anything as good as we are currently using and that we as players like to play is the wrong way to go about it , and it sends us a bad message IMO. And it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth as to where this game is going.

I thought as time went on , going on 4th year now , this game would have so many different ways we could create our builds but I was wrong . Instead of all the diversity we could of had , had many of the set's and gear remained usable , it's just the same O' same O' thing of new set's and gear coming at patch time that will become unusable the next time around. And on top of that , making our current gear unusable in order to force the new stuff upon us and us having no choices whatsoever. What is this , Communism or something ?

I am really disappointed at this game now , and even with all the mistakes I feel that the dev's are doing with this game I still rode it out hoping they would see how important build diversity is to their player base. But it's still the same , nothing has changed in this aspect of the game . Still no diversity with everyone doing the same thing for progression.

I thought this game was going to grow into something awesome with so many ways to play it , but boy was I wrong . Instead it's soooo soooo limited as to how the players can play the game . I thought after 3 years it was going to be a totally awesome experience.

This game is good and has so much potential to be one of the best . But I am personally very disappointed in the way it has progressed ,,, or should I say Not progressed in three years time.
To be fair , I think there have been huge improvements as far as adding the cube , maps , monsters and things of that nature .

But destroying great set's and builds at every patch with the intent to force the way you want us to play upon us and your new gear and set's which many of us may not want to use at the moment isn't the right way of doing things.

Read your forums sometime in classes forums and see how people feel about this very serious and important issue and how unhappy many of us are.
Well, this game has progressed quite a lot since release. Whether it has been for the better can be argued, but it surely is very different from what it was at release.

Seems like 2.4 might be the first time where they try to balance both old and new sets though.
not much to say, just end game sux... For sure this game has great potential but look what we got now, as only relevant content to play, just the spam of a limited time run, not even balanced to compete with each-other... boring.

Story mode.... useless.
11/29/2015 01:05 PMPosted by GloryJak
not much to say, just end game sux... For sure this game has great potential but look what we got now, as only relevant content to play, just the spam of a limited time run, not even balanced to compete with each-other... boring.

Story mode.... useless.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GloryJak-2896/career

Boring , useless are subjective terms. If you chose to rush to 70 it could be boring. Useless, well that may very well how you feel. However there are people that like the Story mode. Why are you even here if the game sux and it is boring .

Of course we all have opinions but I do not expect my opinion or play style to define the gaem.
Devilian this week guys, deviling this week...release is coming ! We deserve it after that terrible Blizzcon...
11/29/2015 02:04 PMPosted by DeadRu
11/29/2015 01:05 PMPosted by GloryJak

Story mode.... useless.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GloryJak-2896/career

Boring , useless are subjective terms. If you chose to rush to 70 it could be boring. Useless, well that may very well how you feel. However there are people that like the Story mode. Why are you even here if the game sux and it is boring .

Of course we all have opinions but I do not expect my opinion or play style to define the gaem.

Probably here for the same reason you are.
+1 OP

It's only a matter of time til Blizzard starts listening to us and salvages this game before it circles the drain.
@DeadRu

I have to justify my reason of being here, really? Sorry man i swear i had the ticket but i lost it on the way... please don't mind me let me go in...

More seriously, let me clarify my point:
Story mode is cool, is it an alternative of GR? NO.
GR are cool, Is it cool to only have that as end game ? NO.

I don't want to argue more with you, you are not playing the game as hard as i do.
Creating sets, that are centered around a skill or two, was the worst idea they could have done. Killed build diversity on the spot. They can't go back now though. LoN is a good step forward, but honestly they should have made it a gem and not a 'set' in and of itself.
I mean no harm to the dev's or anyone by all of my comments on this thread , I am simply trying to let the dev's know about how all this nerfing at every patch is pissing off the player base . It's been three years now and you know what ? I'm thinking about all the diversity we would have right now if the dev's would have kept all of the set creations that they made to run effectively , i'm not talking about effectively in just T10 and general Rift's which most anyone can do without too much effort. I'm talking about effective set's in Greater Rift's.

This community would be rocking while sporting their choice's of set's and gear having a bit of a sense of being unique in their builds instead of everyone sporting the exact same thing patch after patch , which really makes the whole experience turn boring in no time. Bringing back the sets which were nerfed would tremendously address the issue of players characters being kicked out of GR's because of it's uselessness in Group Play .

You dev's make these awesome set's and all initially , but then turn around and make a lot of em' useless when the next patch comes around.. Why even make em' if you don't intend to keep em' going ? I don't understand the reasoning behind this at all. ,,,, no , no , nada !!!

Many of our fellow players have fears of even joining GR groups knowing they will be kicked off because they don't have a class that can keep up with the groups. And many of these characters at one time had what it took to play these games but it was taken away from a prior patch that rendered them totally useless. This surely can't make players feel very good in group play , when they can't show their stuff while playing a class they love because of it being destroyed , and with a 99.9% chance they'll be kicked .

I'm not against toning some things down if it's clearly over powered and all , but to jump to extremes and just totally destroy the gear which makes our builds effective is just plain dumb IMO. Believe me , you dev's do not have to force the new stuff upon us , it will be tried and tested as the creative players here are always into trying the new creations . Just let us have the freedom to use the other stuff too if we prefer to to use it.

In summary , I would like to ask that the dev's fix the sets for all classes and make them all work the way they once did and by all means , keep on creating more for us ! You dev's are brilliant in your creativity , but to turn around and ruin it all is totally senseless in my books . I don't think I am wrong on my thinking on this issue as I see it all over the forums how nerfing to oblivion is effecting the players in a very negative way .

To the players on these forums , don't be afraid to speak your minds , that's what the forums are for . If we want to see changes , we need to speak out as to how we feel

Regards , Haybaler .
Into the dumpster where Blizzard wants it to go so they can lay off the D3 team and stop supporting this game.
11/30/2015 02:38 PMPosted by Madmoon
Into the dumpster where Blizzard wants it to go so they can lay off the D3 team and stop supporting this game.

I don't agree with your statement at all , I think Blizzard still wants this game . They are still adding more and more to it . I just think that the dev's need to rethink how they are going about the diversity aspect on this game . A lot has been done to improve things , but the important aspect of getting diversity in the game , mostly due to the nerfing , is lacking greatly IMO . The dev's need to start focusing more on this aspect and concentrating on an improvement.
11/29/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Brutal
Devilian this week guys, deviling this week...release is coming ! We deserve it after that terrible Blizzcon...

If you like to pay hundreds of $ again and again in a grinding game, have fun there.
11/30/2015 02:16 PMPosted by Haybaler
Why even make em' if you don't intend to keep em' going ? I don't understand the reasoning behind this at all. ,,,, no , no , nada !!!
They have backgrounds in WoW where they have to constantly nerf and buff to keep players engaged. They don't know the first thing about hack and slash ARPG's
11/29/2015 05:08 PMPosted by percydaman
Creating sets, that are centered around a skill or two, was the worst idea they could have done. Killed build diversity on the spot. They can't go back now though. LoN is a good step forward, but honestly they should have made it a gem and not a 'set' in and of itself.

Sets are created that way which is fine , The problem is with the nerfing of the sets IMO. There are plenty of sets which if all useful could let us utilize many skills . And more's being created but when they all get nerfed in favor of the new then it leaves us with nothing to fall back on if we don't like playing a new set or using skills that the new sets are designed for .

It should be in a place of where we have many different options to play different builds , past and present IMO. There are a lot of sets out there that were awesome until they took the nerf . Lets bring that stuff back so we can have lots of diversity and freedom to play it our way .
Which set exactly took the nerf? I see only boosts everywhere atm.
11/30/2015 03:07 PMPosted by Serenity
They don't know the first thing about hack and slash ARPG's

This may be true , I don't know , but they can learn from the community if they simply take the time to read how the players feel about this and start the process of re-empowering these sets and make em' all useful again.

The player base can be powerful in making this game better , but in the same token , it takes being listened to as well.
11/30/2015 03:20 PMPosted by BOEZ
Which set exactly took the nerf? I see only boosts everywhere atm.

Hmmm . where have you been ??? LOL
I am since may 2014 here. Not that long i know and saw only damage increase every patch. So, maybe you can explain about the sets you are talking about.