What is the average age of Diablo 3 players?

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
I'm 28 with a wife so I cannot spend too much time on games. That's why I prefer games like Hearthstone which I can play anywhere and doesn't need a lot of time for one section. But the thing with HS community is it's full of kids. Not just teenage "kids", but literally kids 10 or 11 years old. The forum is full of trolling posts which is entertaining but doesn't give you a lot of useful information.

Now come to this Diablo board, the first thing I realized is that the board is much calmer. There is no 20-page trolling posts, nobody brings religions into discussions, and nobody compares things with Hitler :). Is this because people here are more mature and more restrain in doing that kind of stuff?
33 here....
Average age of diablo 3 players: 3,5 years. That's when first diablo bots appeared.
12/10/2015 12:37 PMPosted by PUPU
Now come to this Diablo board, the first thing I realized is that the board is much calmer. There is no 20-page trolling posts, nobody brings religions into discussions, and nobody compares things with Hitler :). Is this because people here are more mature and more restrain in doing that kind of stuff?

I don't know what forums you're reading but it can't be the general forums of D3. I find this place incredibly toxic. You can't post anything without getting trolled. Of all gaming forums I visit, I find this one of the most immature ones.

As for your topic, I'm 31. I have a feeling the average age will be mid-late 20s because of the ones who grew up with Diablo and stuck around even when the game was mediocre.
I'm 31 with a wife, zero issues finding gaming time.

As far as Blizzard Community goes in general believe it or not it's mostly adults. Yes that's correct ADULTS. Even the people trolling the forums are adults! Most the time kids don't even find their way to the forums because they rather spend their precious time playing.

Matter of fact in the last 11 years of on and off WoW I have never met anyone claiming to be under the age of 18. Most teenagers or children shall we say don't even know what Diablo 1 2 or 3 is. Most youngsters don't even PC game they generally find their way to consoles much easier because of clueless parents and it being cheaper overall.

Honestly I hate these threads and when people assume trolls are youngsters or that it's mostly kids playing video games. Most people now a days simply call a troll as someone who disagrees with them. The cold hard facts are ask everyone you play with or against(if you can) how old they are. You will quickly find out 9 out of 10 of them are least 20 years old.
this game in theory should be played by 17+ so average age is expected to be higher.
36 w/kids and work at a game studio. I have to make time to play, it is my stress outlet, to kill all the demons.

I feel like kids nowadays are playing Lego games, Minecraft, or skylanders. (or at least my kids do)
37 yrs old with a wife who HATES MMO's (Thanks Blizz!) But she's like D3 because I named a character after her. If I'd known that was the case, my WoW career would have been a lot different....
56....kids are grown, but I still can't get on as often as I would like
Damm this post makes me feel like the dinosaur in the room @ 50yrs old.
Damm you OP!!! LOL

I have been playing the diablo franchise the days of D1 (lol, even played the Sierra expansion
"hELLFIRE". I even keep one D2 account active.
12/10/2015 01:35 PMPosted by Vendetta
Damm this post makes me feel like the dinosaur in the room @ 50yrs old.
Damm you OP!!! LOL

You young whipper snapper...lol. I also started with D1
41, D1 for me as well...
28 //millionaire, game anytime
Im 26. Damn I feel young on a game forum for once lol.

Started with D2 Lord of Destruction at launch. I believe I was in the 7th grade lol. Never liked D1, but that's probably more because I played the 2nd one first. No run is murder when you've played D2 before.
According to a fairly recent study the average age of gamers overall is 35.
http://www.theesa.com/about-esa/industry-facts/

This is not really a shock. We grew up gaming and as we aged, games evolved too. They are no longer cartoon puzzle or duck hunting games (although HotS has a duck hunt easter egg in the start screen). There are games to entertain and challenge players of all ages.

Gaming is seen by most adults as an equal entertainment choice to TV or a movie. Even grandparents play, although my mom tends to go for majhong or solitaire vs something like Skyrim.

I actually did a deomgraphic survey of my guild when I was an officer in WoW during BC. Average officer age was 32 and average player age was 27. This was in 2008 so those people would all be in their later thirties now.

D3 gamers are no different. Many of us got into Diablo and similar games as kids or college students. Time passed, we are all grown ups now who still make some time to enjoy a hobby.
35, 3 kids 6,4,2.... Yeah play from 11-12/1am most nights. Me time. If I want the wife look I'll run a GR in the am with coffee but not worth the guilt.
Change game brother, play POE, there are no KIDS there, kids dont understad that game, all mature and cleaver people.. bb
12/10/2015 02:32 PMPosted by darkenergy0
Change game brother, play POE, there are no KIDS there, kids dont understad that game, all mature and cleaver people.. bb

Yeah You spell like an adult all right.