Sent a letter to hacks@blizzard.com

General Discussion
12/05/2015 06:31 AMPosted by TheTias
12/05/2015 01:16 AMPosted by prusswan
If you are not a botter yourself, you aren't really competing with botters. The botters certainly don't regard non-botters as competition..assuming they even care about the competition.

If I'm aiming to rank on the leaderboard, especially in a high tier position, then yes, I'm competing against the botters. I likely have worse than a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere near them because they have such a large advantage I could never catch up, but yes, if I'm actively participating in making attempts at the leaderboard, I'm part of the competition.

It is an advantage you chose not to have, just like people who chose not to play in seasons yet complain about seasonal benefits.

You really don't have any clue just how ridiculous what you said is, do you?

Right now my tongue has a huge hole in it because I had to bite it. Hard.

You're welcome.

He's an established troll, Tias. We all know that. Trying to debate with him is as pointless as pushing a rock uphill. Ask Sisyphus.
12/05/2015 06:34 AMPosted by AttilaTheHun
He's an established troll, Tias. We all know that. Trying to debate with him is as pointless as pushing a rock uphill. Ask Sisyphus.

But...if Lion-O can push a huge boulder up a hill...

*looks at his worse-than-Popeye-before-spinach muscles*

OK, you have a point.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
12/05/2015 06:41 AMPosted by TheTias
12/05/2015 06:34 AMPosted by AttilaTheHun

But...if Lion-O can push a huge boulder up a hill...

*looks at his worse-than-Popeye-before-spinach muscles*

OK, you have a point.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

Can, yes. Need to, no. Like I said, pointless. Best way to deal with the above is to click IGNORE. Problem solved.
11/03/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Kauza
To get a couple of things out of the way: yes, botting is absolutely, 100% against the terms of service and an offense that may lead to the closure of your game license. As for how we detect players using this software and actions on those accounts, we simply can’t share information on that front. The more we discuss those two topics, the easier it becomes for bot creators to stay informed of our efforts.

That said, I want to reiterate that the letter and your comments have not fallen on deaf ears. This is an issue that we are actively discussing and addressing. We in Community, along with the Development team, don’t want the spirit of fair play to be tainted by a group of folks refusing to play by the rules.

This was mentioned 1 month ago.

Patch 2.4 will give cheaters a WAY WAY bigger advantage because of huge buff to "solo" play.

Give the community the updates, please
[quote]

Yes that's pretty amazing indeed. It looks to me that community is done pretty much.
If each and every player sent a letter like i did than it would possibly draw blizz attention closer. But no... Players prefer bashing each other and piss on each other. Amazing

That's human nature, we are born and grow up to act like sheep and we do that very well. This is a lesson you need to understand before doing something different then what the sheep would do.
12/05/2015 10:59 AMPosted by Raijin
[quote]
Yes that's pretty amazing indeed. It looks to me that community is done pretty much.
If each and every player sent a letter like i did than it would possibly draw blizz attention closer. But no... Players prefer bashing each other and piss on each other. Amazing

That's human nature, we are born and grow up to act like sheep and we do that very well. This is a lesson you need to understand before doing something different then what the sheep would do.

There are many people who report bots.

There are many people draw it to blizz attention.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19288210069#1

But we saw many Banwave in HS and WoW.

guess D3 need microtranscation for sure
11/30/2015 01:39 AMPosted by HappyRogue
You really should get a life instead of worrying about something so petty.

This.
12/05/2015 06:31 AMPosted by TheTias
If you are not a botter yourself, you aren't really competing with botters. The botters certainly don't regard non-botters as competition..assuming they even care about the competition.

If I'm aiming to rank on the leaderboard, especially in a high tier position, then yes, I'm competing against the botters. I likely have worse than a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere near them because they have such a large advantage I could never catch up, but yes, if I'm actively participating in making attempts at the leaderboard, I'm part of the competition.

It is an advantage you chose not to have, just like people who chose not to play in seasons yet complain about seasonal benefits.

You really don't have any clue just how ridiculous what you said is, do you?

Right now my tongue has a huge hole in it because I had to bite it. Hard.

You're welcome.

Oh man dude well played lol hence is why you are Mvp
12/01/2015 12:59 AMPosted by dcw
it's interesting that so many players hate botters and want something done. Then when someone posts they are trying to do something about it (how ever meaningless it may or may not be) they get flamed for it.

Thats because the flamers ARE the botters. Those that say mind your own business, it doesnt affect you, etc....all of them are botters and they dont want you getting them busted for doing something that DOES affect other players.
Botting goes out of control because of people like this in community:

If all want fair playing field, threads get vote up more and something maybe done

But there are some who defend botting, they maybe botters or Gaby subscribers.

If 0 effort done to deter botting, soon normal players will have lesser and lesser to farm bounties and normal rifts, because some people do those when they sleep
this issue will be worse next patch.

solo play buffed a lot, if people farm solo all day thats huge advantage.

future is bleak for legit players
The ball is in Blizzards hands now all we can do is wait.
Depending on how deep the pockets on these bot sites are, will determine the length of time they will /can be shut down.

They can hold their line in court for awhile, if money is there. This will also depend on how much money Actiblizz wants to throw at this via lawyer and other fees associated with this.

Still no reason why massive action is not taken on players....very odd.
You better make a letter to Santa. Alteast you would have a chance for responce.
12/10/2015 09:33 AMPosted by REAPER666
They can hold their line in court for awhile, if money is there. This will also depend on how much money Actiblizz wants to throw at this via lawyer and other fees associated with this.

They cant get money out of FREE 3rd party software...
It's like drug trafficing. You can fight it. You won't stop it. At least in this case the bots don't directlyt effect you.

Anyone saying "ohh you'll be kicked from groups cause bots have better gear" this rarely happens. You'll be kicked for random reasons far more often. And it's not like there aren't a ton of cclans to join to play with legit players to fix the kicking.

Getting rid of the bots is good but throwing a hissy fit over it and caring abuot a leaderboard that gets reset is stupid. Let blizzard do their job. We'll never get anything out of them for details for any number of reaons.

Play the game and enjoy it. Stop crying over leaderboards you'll never be apart of anyway.
What are you going to do if 0 action is taken at the end of season?

I am thinking of playing D3 once a week and mainly play other better games

Do even need to worry about stash or seasons